• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You know things are bad when.........

secondalibi

Coach
....after we lost yesterday I felt absolutely NOTHING! Usually for me after we lose games I get angry, annoyed and generally fed up and my family say that I'm not nice to be around. But after the Wolves defeat yesterday, I just felt like laughing. Have we become almost immune to losing? I just didn't want to know. Don't get me wrong as I have been a fan for 25 years and that won't change, but I'v just resigned myself to the fact that we aren't up to this level and its for the want of a far better word - 'Embarrassing'. I sometimes take a step back and think about where we were a couple of years back, and that great, but the past means nothing in a way. We are in the present and it ain't good! What do we do now, to be honest I haven't gotta clue, and I think that Tilly & Brush and the team haven't either! I knew that we would find it hard this season, but the biggest disappointment is that we are facing teams that are really not all that, and in fact I am surprised at the poor quailty of this divison, I expected far far more. I am yet to be overly impressed by anyone we have faced.

As for the game against Southampton, I can only see another mauling as they are flying. This is not negative just reality.

And what now for the remainder of the season that we were all so looking forward to? Well its dead now for us, but what about the future. Sell Freddy in January?? If there are any takers. And then who do we buy?? I mean who of any great quality would want to come to a team that is going down to League 1?? We have a new stadium coming too - possibly?? Mr Martin its over to you, coz I really don't know where we are going, this should be a great time of excitement for Southend United FC, but as we failed to bring in any players of quality in the summer, then the inevitable has happened and the the wheels have completely fallen off.

- G

I know how you feel, but we have to think what the alternative was, before T&B took over - the conference

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 03 2006,10:17)]I know how you feel, but we have to think what the alternative was, before T&B took over - the conference
Surely that was the whole point of secondalibi's post? Whilst people keep on saying we could have been in the conference, we're not, we're in the championship and we're doing as badly as we possibly could be at this level, not at any other.

I too left Roots Hall yesterday feeling nothing more than resigned indignation and frustration at our lack of anything resembling an attempt on goal.

On a side note. I think, barring a miracle, the majority would agree we are as good as down and with Freddy doing absolutely jack sh!t on the pitch these last few weeks if we are lucky enough to get 2m for him in January why is there the need to immediately go out and spend it on a replacement?
Whilst it's plainly obvious that the majority of the current squad are just not up to the standard required for the CCC I do believe that they could all more than hold their own in League 1.
Would we need to spend the money we get for Freddy to strengthen the squad in January when the season is all but gone the way of the Dodo anyway?

Bank the money, see how the current squad fair at League 1 level and if required use it to strengthen the squad if we're not pushing for promotion or there abouts 23 games into next season.

Just seen Southampton v Hull on the box..........all I can say is.......Oh dear
sad.gif

First game I wasnt actually that fed up when I came out to be honest.

Resigned to the fact unfortunately.

Shame to feel that way so early in the season...

I understand fully, after all the years of watching SUFC I had changed. I felt like there was nothing left inside. No emotion, no feeling, no concern, just cold cold resignation and incomprehension.

After watching Spencer Prior's interview he felt the same, being blue through and through.

I fear we will nose dive back to Div.2. Nobody who is good will want to come.

It seems Ron Martin is a property developer first and a football man second.

He told me he wanted to be a force in the Championship, well we are by holding the others up!!!

Same here. I just felt "Oh well, not to worry. What's for dinner?".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Dec. 03 2006,13:05)]It seems Ron Martin is a property developer first and a football man second.
That fact has never been in debate. He does however have the best long term interests of the club at heart.

Do not confuse the current lack of endeavour and skill on the pitch with Ron Martins undoubted commitment to the cause that is a succesfull Southend United Football Club.

If he didn't give a toss about us as a football club I very much doubt we would haveseen him leg it onto the pitch at Layer Road and rip into the refin the way we did.

Yes, the spacebaris fooked
mad.gif

Back