• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just for the record he is on the same money so no harm, he will come gd you see against west ham/Wolves how good he is but he just has to get use to the English game, stop moaning about these things you will find it was sturruck who agreed the deals (same with Tilly)

Heard from an ex board member at the Morecombe match that Wolves offerred £250k rising to possible total of £1m on deadline day with him being loaned back for the whole season - amazingly we turned it down and thus explains the immediate contract extension.

Sounds far fetched I know, but honestly this contact is 100% genuine and really is in the 'inner circle' at Southend.

biggest load of rubbish ever this, southend would never turn down that money as well as have the player come back to us.

Heard from an ex board member at the Morecombe match that Wolves offerred £250k rising to possible total of £1m on deadline day with him being loaned back for the whole season - amazingly we turned it down and thus explains the immediate contract extension.

Sounds far fetched I know, but honestly this contact is 100% genuine and really is in the 'inner circle' at Southend.

Two Premiership clubs have had him watched, but I can't see there being an offer on the table already... He'll be watched throughout the season and if he lives up to his promise they'll be offers for him in the Summer.

Yes it is.FWIW I thought that after Grant(who tired badly in the second half)that Moshni was the best SUFC player on view on Saturday.His potential is obvious which would explain the interest from other clubs and this extended deal.

If Ray says so and you confirm it, that's good enough for me. I'm looking forward to seeing the young'un at Hereford.

Yes they should if you want to run a lower league football club within a budget. And yes that means sometimes losing good players on a free transfer. It happens.

Point taken - but to reiterate I can't imagine that Mohsni's salary is outside the budget, therefore good news..

Yeah, but the rest are pure dross.I don't think I've ever seen a worse striker than Corr at League two level.He's useless.
In your opinion, I'd say he's been ok in the earlier games. He certainly suffered on Saturday from Simpson going awol and Timlin not being Easton.

Yeah, but the rest are pure dross.I don't think I've ever seen a worse striker than Corr at League two level.He's useless.

I can assure you he's far from useless... His display on Saturday was a byproduct of our complete lack of ingenuinity in midfield on the day, hampered by Easton's absence and Simpson pushed out wide.

I'd like to think that the players deserve to be judged on a number of performances, rather than you popping over, seeing a bad performance, and labelling them all "dross."

I can assure you he's far from useless... His display on Saturday was a byproduct of our complete lack of ingenuinity in midfield on the day, hampered by Easton's absence and Simpson pushed out wide.

Are you agreeing with me? :O

I'm more disagreeing with Phyllis...
Looks dangerously like agreeing to me :D

In your opinion, I'd say he's been ok in the earlier games. He certainly suffered on Saturday from Simpson going awol and Timlin not being Easton.

Bloody hell, you really haven't watched much 4th division football.

Do the names Neville Roach, Drewe Broughton, Richard Young, Mario Walsh, Neil Campbell, Yemi Abiodun etc etc not mean anything to you?

Yes it is.FWIW I thought that after Grant(who tired badly in the second half)that Moshni was the best SUFC player on view on Saturday.His potential is obvious which would explain the interest from other clubs and this extended deal.

Really? I thought he was woeful on Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, he appears to have something to work with, and once the rough edges have been smoothed I'm confident he will be playing Championship level, BUT the rough edges cost us two goals at Northampton, and another two on Saturday. I'd much rather have a steady eddy out there in the form of Mark Phillips, when fit, who you know exactly what he is going to do rather than Moshni who looks like a mistake waiting to happen one minute, and like he will score the next.

We are letting goals in far too easily. The hardest thing to do in a football match is score goals, but we are gifting them to the opposition at the moment. I'd much rather see Phillips out there and Barker at left back and shore up the back line. We are far, far too easy to score against and its worrying. If you score two goals in a football match, especially at home, that should be enough to win the 3 points. Unfortunately, at present, we need to score 2/3 goals to best ways get a point and with our strikers, and our lack of creativity, that is a very difficult task.

I didn't even see this post.

Blimey, how our opinions differ...

I wasn't over the moon when he arrived at the Club, but I was prepared to give him a chance and he has really surprised me and is proving my doubts wrong. He is a genuine outball, and much better than the likes of Scott Vernon he have had trying to play that role.

Some very differing opinions!

Personally I think Bilel really does have something, unfortunately he's been thrust in too early and needs to learn to stop making rash challenges and silly mistakes. Sturrocks comment 'he can only learn by his mistakes in playing games' has cost us at least 4 goals in the last two matches - he should not have started against Morecambe.

As for the Corr argument, when he came on against Bristol City in the Cup he won me over, everything you wanted in a substitute forward coming on, a bit of pace, loads of power and he destroyed the City back line. That's it however, he is not been fit enough to play a game since and has looked worse and worse with every game. He needs time off the pitch getting himself fit enough to last more than five minutes!

I'd like to think that the players deserve to be judged on a number of performances, rather than you popping over, seeing a bad performance, and labelling them all "dross."[/QUOTE]

If you read what I've written about the game more carefully you'll see that I specifically excluded Grant and Moshni from that comment.

biggest load of rubbish ever this, southend would never turn down that money as well as have the player come back to us.

Yep - I am clearly in the habit of posting rubbish and clearly you know far better than I ex board members that are still HEAVILY involved in the running of the club

Bloody hell, you really haven't watched much 4th division football.
Oh yes I have.More than I care to remember since we were first relegated in 65/6.
Do the names Neville Roach, Drewe Broughton, Richard Young, Mario Walsh, Neil Campbell, Yemi Abiodun etc etc not mean anything to you?

Yup.And Corr richly deserves a place somewhere near the top of that list.

Back