• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

I genuinely think that Adam Barrett is not in the picture at all. If he was a deal would have been done by now. There was a strong rumour that it would be the fans 'dream ticket - Adam & Tilly but there is absolutely nothing on the rumour front or from 'informed' sources to even hint at this pairing now. Ron is keeping us all waiting for reasons that are not at all clear to me but I reckon something will happen soon and I'm betting it will be a 'name' again.

We have been here with Chris Powell who had managerial experience- AB has none and the current time is not the right time

We have been here with Chris Powell who had managerial experience- AB has none and the current time is not the right time
What a silly statement the only thing Adam&Chris have in common is they are both ex player

What a silly statement the only thing Adam&Chris have in common is they are both ex player

My point is in a way exactly that- both club legends (and given what happened with CP I would rather not go through that again) and the difference is CP had managerial experience and success- AB has none which doesn’t make me more inclined to think it would be a good idea in the current situation.

Not sure why this makes the point a ‘silly’ one but maybe I didn’t explain more fully

For the 25,000th time. It is NOT just because he is an ex-player. It is NOT for nostalgic reasons. It is because he is exactly the personality, and has exactly the type of traits and qualities that we need right now.
Sais who? And larsson doesn't? At least hes actually had a managers job? We dont need no more no 2s

They were selected and trained by the experienced manager

But you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. It's difficult to get quality players to come to a lowly League One club with a record of financial difficulties and not paying players in a town perceived beyond our boundaries as a dump, a faded seaside resort full of displaced East Ender Hammers supporters in an area with little to offer. We who live within these sacred boundaries know that Southend, despite its problems, is a great place to live but those beyond take a heck of a lot of persuading.

How do explain the last performances from so call experience managers if experience is all that's required.

Phil Brown got us promoted and extremely close to an unlikely playoff position. Chris Powell initially did well when he took over. Poor recruitment and a tone of bad luck on the injury front cut short his reign here. Kevin Bond isn’t experienced as a manager and it showed.

Who would you rather, Henrik Larsson or Adam Barrett?

Phil Brown got us promoted and extremely close to an unlikely playoff position. Chris Powell initially did well when he took over. Poor recruitment and a tone of bad luck on the injury front cut short his reign here. Kevin Bond isn’t experienced as a manager and it showed.

Who would you rather, Henrik Larsson or Adam Barrett?
Barrett,every time

But you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. It's difficult to get quality players to come to a lowly League One club with a record of financial difficulties and not paying players in a town perceived beyond our boundaries as a dump, a faded seaside resort full of displaced East Ender Hammers supporters in an area with little to offer. We who live within these sacred boundaries know that Southend, despite its problems, is a great place to live but those beyond take a heck of a lot of persuading.

Actually we probably all thought the same when Tilly and brush came into manage the club.

Poor league 2 side with players seeming to pick up a wage. Whoever comes in will need to galvanize the players to play not just to potential but above themselves.

I don't think Larson is that man. If he gets the job I hope I'm proved wrong.

Barrett on the other hand knows us a knows the club. He also loves the club. He would not accept the **** that the players have been serving up.

Millwall and Harris are an example of that. He knows the level of effort needed for them to win games and please the fans. They are one of the worst teams in the championship but stay up on effort and work rate. This is sadly lacking In this side. I can't see Larson improving that.

We need passion and an excellent communicator. Barrett with a very good number 2, is that man.

Stoke ( Nathan Jones) v Huddersfield tomorrow evening.....could be the straw to break his Championship career , esp if the Terriers win :Unsure:.

Seeing as he was a Shrimper (and that appears very popular at the moment), he's guided a team out of League 1 comfortably.....and I don't wish him failure at all...but, him and AB ???

Back