• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Front page of the Ultras website

Could show Ultra members of all ages i,e new born, 10, 20 and so on. to show the family nature of our new band of ultras

This is Southend United so i don't think this will be an issue. But i think some sort of code of conduct should be introduced, if this it be a family friendly idea swearing will have to be stopped.

So there's never been a discussion on here about d!ckhead supporters or swearing or trouble at RH? I know it doesn't happen often, but to quote Ron Martin, good news doesn't sell newspapers, but bad new does!

I know we're a good family club, but Ultras got loads of publicity last year after the trouble in the ECL when the ref got hit & abandoned the game!! Don't take anything for granted, is what I'm saying!

Im afraid I must sling a spanner in the works. What with 90 minutes of singing, flag waving and jumping up and down, has it occurred to anyone that stadium regulations being enforced as they are that our Ultras are going to find themselves being slung out for standing up and whatnot. Jobson and his stormtroopers will have a field day.

I just watched the rangers v celtic highlights... The guy who holds their big flag actually stand on the edge of the pitch!

Im afraid I must sling a spanner in the works. What with 90 minutes of singing, flag waving and jumping up and down, has it occurred to anyone that stadium regulations being enforced as they are that our Ultras are going to find themselves being slung out for standing up and whatnot. Jobson and his stormtroopers will have a field day.

That's a fair point. :(

Good point but standing up and signing your heart out for 90 odd minutes is just one aspect of the whole 'Ultra Fans' group idea. There are many many more that can be implemented and endorsed by the club that are not going to hack the authorities off.

As Smiffy has more or less said. In order for the club to take this seriously, we the supporters and those organising and running it, have got to take it seriously and be seen to be taking it seriously.

Just a thought but I think it's perhaps NOT a good idea to try and organise anything to soon that could be seen by the club as a half hearted affair. What I mean by that is a dozen or so supporters going for it big time at the next few home games.

Get organised, get a team together to run it, set out exactly what it is you want and what you want to achieve for the club, put a plan of action together with a set time scale, then go to the club and get their approval and backing.
To go into it half cocked will only endorse a view of amateurism, which we all are in this respect, but to do so can only go to make it that much more difficult to implement without the clubs full backing.

Last edited:
What do you think of this guys??

n556810704_1494449_4563.jpg

We would really need something more personal. Having blue as the main title will just join us with loads of other teams like Chelsea, Brum, Everton etc.

Something that has Shrimper or something to do with our sea backround, would be better e.g. Ultra Shrimpers or something like that.

Although I like the idea of the 'Ultra' tag it does unfortunately have a history of being associated with extreme right wing elements of the Italian league and it's neanderthal supporters.

True Blue Shrimpers - Keep the 'blue' in the name but also the individuality of being 'Shrimpers'

So there's never been a discussion on here about d!ckhead supporters or swearing or trouble at RH? I know it doesn't happen often, but to quote Ron Martin, good news doesn't sell newspapers, but bad new does!

I know we're a good family club, but Ultras got loads of publicity last year after the trouble in the ECL when the ref got hit & abandoned the game!! Don't take anything for granted, is what I'm saying!

My fault i did not explain i meant i don't think we would have trouble with Nazi's Etc.

Had some very interesting discussions with various people today including the police. All positive which is good too!. The first step is to prepare a statement of intent that can be sent to ron detailing what the group are about and intend to do etc. If anyone can help with this please let me know. Ps, yorkshire blue let me know how the researching goes please.

I know, but it's the ill-informed that will think, Thug, Nazi etc

Give the wrong impression from the start & the idea, will struggle!

Accrington don't have any problems with their 'Ultra' fans:-

http://www.stanleyultras.co.uk/gallery.htm

Sadly the flags, banners, confetti, streamers & chanting would upset the enjoyment of many of our fans who like to sit and watch our games in total silence!! I know not everyone likes to sing/chant/shout but players have stated before that the crowd can lift the players. Today there was very little vocal encouragement for our players.

It would also upset the stewards who also do not like seeing people enjoy themselves. The club want us to get behind the team at Roots Hall but the atmosphere at Roots Hall is nearly at an all time low even when we are winning.

Last edited:
Thats wicked.

Ok lets find out where we can get these flags from and how much?!

p9.jpg

What do you think of this guys??

n556810704_1494449_4563.jpg

I quite like that, however I think (sorry Scott) we now need to steer well clear of any True Blue references. Chelski have just launched a new membership scheme and it's called True Blue. I think I speak for the majority of Southend fans who feel Chelsea sum up all that stinks about modern football and would want to distance themselves as far as possible from anything that could be mistaken as being Chelsea related!

Back