• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would suggest that any approach to the club is put through the Trust at their next liaison meeting. If fully endorsed by the Trust it will hold more weight with the powers that be at the club. They read this forum regularly so it wont be a surprise when I bring up the subject at our next meeting.

Lee & YB, can I suggest you forward your proposal to the Trust board (link of their website)

I think that was the road agreed on ..that the Trust is the first point of call so's to speak.

Thats a good point. The trouble with making such a group is that while it maybe perfectly acceptable and understood within the club, the perception outside might be that its a hardcore band of supporters intent on using it as a basis for trouble.

It could be that simply the name could be misunderstood to be more threatening than it actually is.

While I am all for a group of supporters which create atmosphere, club unity, etc the last thing I want is for outsiders to view that "group" to be of some kind of troublemakers. SUFC supporters are the most well behaved in the land and that might make it difficult for the club/police to encourage such a band of supporters.

I aim this as purely discussion type comment because as I say I am all for a supporters group which creates atmosphere and unity. For me the Pompey fans seem to be the best at it if you take into account the size of their club compared to others in the same league. An atmosphere like that would be fantastic.

I would suggest that any approach to the club is put through the Trust at their next liaison meeting. If fully endorsed by the Trust it will hold more weight with the powers that be at the club. They read this forum regularly so it wont be a surprise when I bring up the subject at our next meeting.

Lee & YB, can I suggest you forward your proposal to the Trust board (link of their website)

I don't think this should have anything to do with the trust other then havig a voice to the club

Back