• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I quite like that, however I think (sorry Scott) we now need to steer well clear of any True Blue references. Chelski have just launched a new membership scheme and it's called True Blue. I think I speak for the majority of Southend fans who feel Chelsea sum up all that stinks about modern football and would want to distance themselves as far as possible from anything that could be mistaken as being Chelsea related!

Agreed. Also we need to make sure we use the right colour blue.

I quite like that, however I think (sorry Scott) we now need to steer well clear of any True Blue references. Chelski have just launched a new membership scheme and it's called True Blue. I think I speak for the majority of Southend fans who feel Chelsea sum up all that stinks about modern football and would want to distance themselves as far as possible from anything that could be mistaken as being Chelsea related!

Quite right.
I wouldn't want us to be mistaken for Chelsea, and no doubt people would clain we're copying them anyway.

Cheers guys

Well I have loads of ideas with the flag writing etc etc

Couple of things though, we need to find out how much the flags are and where from? (like the stanley ones) and also does anyone have a drum or would anyone be interested in doing it?

Im happy to do the forum if you guys are ok with that.

As long as its "family friendly" then I am all for anything for the clubs benefit. However, I go to "the hall" as much for my kids as I do for myself.

PS I am too old for Burberry so if you have something in corduroy that would be splendid. Or some SUFC beige slacks....:p

Well how about we all chip in and get 1 of the long flags as a start??

Could get on it "SUFC FANATICS" in blue and white?

As long as its "family friendly" then I am all for anything for the clubs benefit. However, I go to "the hall" as much for my kids as I do for myself.

PS I am too old for Burberry so if you have something in corduroy that would be splendid. Or some SUFC beige slacks....:p

I'm sure they will do a nice Ultra pipe and slippers for you mate.:p

Isn't there a web-site with that name?

yep, but given:

a) the idea for this 'ultra thingy' comes from this site
b) the site provides a ready made forum for taking it forward
c) there is probably no alternative or better forum for taking it forward
d) it is a relevant name, not least if we are to all sit in a specified 'zone' of FF and we are all 'shrimpers'
e) I expect that a fair percentage of those with the energy and desire to take the idea forward use this site
f) it would be a bit risky/shortlived to call it something like 'Tilly's Army'

then there really is no other alternative name.

End of. Now move on to the mechanics of sorting it.:D

Completely agree Glasgow. I think we should base the name around the Shrimpers, as after all that was our nickname for some time and every team wearing blue are known as the 'Blues'.

Trueblue beats... Scott the fat bloke who drinks ladies Gin and Tonics and Malibu and Pineapple..."Ultra" anyday ..it just doesn't have the same ring to it ..

;)

There is a company with a southern office based in Chelmsford that can cater for all banner/flag requirements.

Standard size is 1.5m but with discreet stitching they can produce any size required. Check out the 'Club Banners' section on their site. Quality if you ask me.

http://www.footballbanners.co.uk/crowd.html

I'll give them a call tomorrow and get some details on prices etc.

There is a company with a southern office based in Chelmsford that can cater for all banner/flag requirements.

Standard size is 1.5m but with discreet stitching they can produce any size required. Check out the 'Club Banners' section on their site. Quality if you ask me.

http://www.footballbanners.co.uk/crowd.html

I'll give them a call tomorrow and get some details on prices etc.

Not forgetting to request a local club discount :)

On a serious note ...after chats with Smiffy, YB, Ken, MTS and co on Saturday..Two things have to be finalised before anything can happen.

1. The Club have to agree with having such a group of fans.
2. The Police have to agree.

Hence Lee and YB etc looking into a proposal to put to the Club first.

John.

On a serious note ...after chats with Smiffy,YB, Ken, MTS and co on Saturday..Two things have to be finalised before anything can happen.

1. The club have to agree with having such a group of fans.
2. The Police have to agree.

Hence Lee and YB etc looking into a proposal to put to the club first.

John.

I would suggest that any approach to the club is put through the Trust at their next liaison meeting. If fully endorsed by the Trust it will hold more weight with the powers that be at the club. They read this forum regularly so it wont be a surprise when I bring up the subject at our next meeting.

Lee & YB, can I suggest you forward your proposal to the Trust board (link of their website)

Back