• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure you are most definetly right L.G, had it happened in the Prem, there would be a milllion and one angles and SSN would be showing it for next 24 hours but unfortunately we are little old Orient and Southend and im sure nothing will get done about the incident or that horrible fatty little podgy ref ...

Kev

Thing is, it was out of character as Terry is a pretty honest player - he has hardly been booked all season. But it was a definate red for me. I suppose if Tilson wanted to, he could contact the FA but I think him and Ling have a pretty good relationship, so I suspect that will be the end of it.

Thing is, it was out of character as Terry is a pretty honest player - he has hardly been booked all season. But it was a definate red for me. I suppose if Tilson wanted to, he could contact the FA but I think him and Ling have a pretty good relationship, so I suspect that will be the end of it.

...that coupled with the fact that the FA are about as forthcoming in dealing with complaints as the Police. :thump:

I totally agree. Most Orient fans will be delighted with midtable finish, after last seasons last gasp relegation escape and realise that our flirtation with the top of the league was a massive over achievement.

But very similar to when you guys won the league a couple of years back.

Personally, I think Orients future has never been rosier. A young team, who are performing well in the league and the prospect of a new ground as well.

Good on you for posting what i sent you on the Borient board, although i am shocked that they still find it funny that an elderly man was traumatised by the incident.....you seem like a decent enough bloke but the majority on your boards need to gain an education as some stage of there lives

Last edited:
****ing bollocks the way we were robbed today.

The freekick in the build-up to the second goal wasn't a freekick, and the penalty wasn't handball - as testified by Francis lifting up his shirt and showing a visible red mark on his chest where the ball struck him - and even if the referee did think it hit his arm, he didn't even raise his arms, and with the speed it came at him it shouldn't have been a pen.

The Orient fans were ****e today. ****ing silent. As for the comment about us making no noise, that's pure bollocks. We were singing all game, and I had a pretty good position (the very back row) to judge whether or not there was noise.

Erm... I saw the throwing of **** at the Southend coach, and all I have to say is that those mongrel c-u-n-t-s ****ing deserve a good hiding next time they come down our way. ****ing disgraceful, especially after the way they stole a ****ing point. Absolutely ****ing disgraceful.

Is there a worse feeling than conceding a last minute equaliser to your local rivals who you haven't beaten in years? :( Feels like a defeat when actually every side in this league would be satisifed with 2-2 at Orient. Yes Orient dominated the 2nd half but most of the time we defended it or their finishing was rubbish untill the bloody last second. The ref did his utmost in the 2nd half to ensure that Orient got the point. I didn't see the penalty but the general concensus is that it wasn't, and Terry should have got a straight red. I thought refs were supposed to be clamping down on 2-footed lunges?

I think Barnard going off at half time was a turning point because he was holding the ball up very well whereas MacDonald can't do that. Revell's missed header at 2-1 was an even bigger turning point, should have scored. We didn't keep the ball well enough in the 2nd half and too often we just hoofed it clear and gave it straight back to Orient. Their two subs made a difference. Why was Moussa on the bench ahead of Maher? We could've done with his wise head in there. And why did Kanu walk straight into the squad ahead of Scannell? On the positive side, Mulgrew looks a very good player and Peter Clarke was excellent for the 2nd consecutive match. Don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like I did his.

Thought our fans were excellent today. Orient fans were pathetic, couple of songs after each goal that was it. Yes most home fans these days are quiet but it's a local derby come on!

Firstly, I thought 2-2 was a fair scoreline. You clearly had the better of the 1st half, we had the better of the 2nd. Turning point was Revells missed header IMO - if that goes in, its game over.

Cant really comment on the penalty as I was at the other end in the North Stand, but to be fair the ref was very well placed. I actually thought the ref did well today, however he did miss a shocking tackle by Paul Terry on Revell, which should have been a straight red.

I know we were quiet, most home fans are, but I was surprised at the lack of noise coming from the Southend fans, given the fact that the acoustics in the East Stand are probably the best in the ground.

As expected, your midfield were impressive and Clarke/Barrett were there usual reliable selfs. Thought Flahavan was poor today though.

Barnard hasnt changed IMO and it wont be long before he is plying his trade in the Conference and Revell didnt impress me either.

I dont think either team are good enough to go up, but Southends squad depth could squeeze them into the play-offs.

Finally, Clarkes goal was the most spawniest effort I have seen all season. It took a massive deflection on its way in.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season.

the penalty was no way a penalty, the free kick wasnt a free kick, that black bloke upfront for you was falling over left right and centre, but should i be surprised after how thornton played earlier in the season, if it was a free kick then how on earth was terry not sent off for sliding in with studs showing.
from where i was sitting we were very load all match, you were probably in one of the ****ty hotel rooms with the windows shut.
the ref was ****, orient were ****, orient fans were ****, the grounds **** (even worse now i punched a chair and broke it), and for the best wishes part you can stick those words up your **** and **** of back to bengal where the rest of you orient scum bags come from.:finger:

Having read through all of the posts on this thread, the most ridiculous thing is what some of our 'fans' have written in response to Lord Griff's original post!! Barring the comments about our vocal ability, and the fact he thinks Barnard will be in the Conference soon, I thought he was absolutely spot on about todays events, and to receive some of the abuse he has done, is quite frankly, outrageous - especially some of the stuff coming from Aberdeen Shrimper!

Lord Griff, and of course Johnny Stokes are good guys, who it is nice to share a bit of banter with and discuss things Football and Leage One, so why the need for all of the abusive comments?

If I was Lord Griff I would have told you to f*** off and would never return to this board!

Yes, we are local rivals, but we're not f***ing neanderthols here are we?

Whilst what happened to the team coach is awful, I would have thought tarring everybody with the same brush is almost as bad. A few pr1cks in a pub launch a couple of bottles at our coach, and all of a sudden, everyone who supports Leyton Orient is East London scum? Please, we have plenty of idiots who follow Southend, and I don't class myself as 'scum'. There is very rarely trouble between us and the O's fans, so lets not make this into something worse or bigger than it actually is.

From my point of view, I thought a draw was a fair reflection on the game, I don't think we did enough to win it, and whilst the mised chance by Revell would have probably put us out of sight, equally, they had an even easier chance to score not long after which they missed. Regardless of when they got their equaliser, I still don't think we can call ourselves hard done by.

Also, it had nothing to do with the referee that we didn't see it out - the free kick? Can't say either way if it was a foul, but that doesn't matter, once it's given, you have to deal with it, and quite simply, we didn't. We failed to clear the free kick properly, and just didn't bother defending at all when the ball came back in, and that is why we didn't get three points.

Having read through all of the posts on this thread, the most ridiculous thing is what some of our 'fans' have written in response to Lord Griff's original post!! Barring the comments about our vocal ability, and the fact he thinks Barnard will be in the Conference soon, I thought he was absolutely spot on about todays events, and to receive some of the abuse he has done, is quite frankly, outrageous - especially some of the stuff coming from Aberdeen Shrimper!

Lord Griff, and of course Johnny Stokes are good guys, who it is nice to share a bit of banter with and discuss things Football and Leage One, so why the need for all of the abusive comments?

If I was Lord Griff I would have told you to f*** off and would never return to this board!

Whilst what happened to the team coach is awful, I would have thought tarring everybody with the same brush is almost as bad. A few pr1cks in a pub launch a couple of bottles at our coach, and all of a sudden, everyone who supports Leyton Orient is East London scum? Please, we have plenty of idiots who follow Southend, and I don't class myself as 'scum'. There is very rarely trouble between us and the O's fans, so lets not make this into something worse or bigger than it actually is.

From my point of view, I thought a draw was a fair reflection on the game, I don't think we did enough to win it, and whilst the mised chance by Revell would have probably put us out of sight, equally, they had an even easier chance to score not long after which they missed. Regardless of when they got their equaliser, I still don't think we can call ourselves hard done by.

Also, it had nothing to do with the referee that we didn't see it out - the free kick? Can't say either way if it was a foul, but that doesn't matter, once it's given, you have to deal with it, and quite simply, we didn't. We failed to clear the free kick properly, and just didn't bother defending at all when the ball came back in, and that is why we didn't get three points.

I am curious.......why single me out??

I am sorry if my point of view annoys you....if it does, frankly TUFF. It is my opinion and guess what......I am entitled to it.

It is easy to come on here and spout holy than know crap trying to appeal to folk but I am more in to being honest about my feelings.....

Here is a concept you might want to start warming up to....It is a message board with people that have differing opinions.....

If what happened tonight is true.....how can you call it awful? An elderly man was sitting on a coach going home from an exiting game only to be greeted by a flying bottle through his coach window....awful? If that was your farther or grandfather....would it still be just awful.

Do me a favour....get of your high moral spineless horse and except that we don’t all want to try and sit on the fence and all be it may not be popular we have enough back bone to actually air our views.

PS.........did you not see the above comments? to Lord Giff from me.

Last edited:
I know a lot of you seem pretty angry about Terry's two footed lunge at Revell, and the fact it should've been a straight red card but was missed by the officials. Interestingly, amongst the photos on the OS, there's what looks like another incident involving the same players where Terry appears to be coming in one footed, studs up. I'm guessing it's not the same one, but it shows that Lord Griff is quite obviously mistaken in his analysis of Terry.

I know a lot of you seem pretty angry about Terry's two footed lunge at Revell, and the fact it should've been a straight red card but was missed by the officials. Interestingly, amongst the photos on the OS, there's what looks like another incident involving the same players where Terry appears to be coming in one footed, studs up. I'm guessing it's not the same one, but it shows that Lord Griff is quite obviously mistaken in his analysis of Terry.

I'd say that picture was the incident talked being about. Interesting to see Revell making contact with the ball while Terry's foot is still a good yard away!!

Top post. Jonny Stokes and Lord Griff often raise some good points and arguments on this board. We're all a bit biassed in our opinions of a match but Griff's held his hands up and agreed with a lot that has been said about his team so I think the abuse simply coz he's orient scum is a bit much.

It does seem like we've had our fair share of very poor refs this season but at the end of the day if we'd got a third goal and killed the game then decisions from a shambollic ref wouldnt be so crucial. I didnt c the Peter Clarke penalty shout but the challenge on Revell shoulda been straight red and yes we should of had a free kick prior to the one given for their equaliser. I think its just frustration though coz for all their pressure in the second half I felt we were coping with it and you could see they were running out of ideas from some of the speculative shots going high and wide.

On the positive its Hartlepool and Millwall next 2 games which are both winnable and as said before the teams above us are very inconsistent at the mo.

So chins up Southend and lets get 6 points next week!

RC you are of course correct in everything you have said and im sure that once people have calmed down they will see your prospective. However football is tribal and most people feel as if we lost yesterday as the equalizer was extremely late and a lot of decisions seemed to be against us. The team coach was attacked with an elderly guy sat by the window that was put in. Couple this with it being a local derby and you must be able to see why the reactions are what they are even if you dont agree with the sentiment?

Im sure if Lord Griff had come over to the site today or tomorrow he would get a better reception due to people calming down and getting over certain issues.

I am curious.......why single me out??

I am sorry if my point of view annoys you....if it does, frankly TUFF. It is my opinion and guess what......I am entitled to it.

It is easy to come on here and spout holy than know crap trying to appeal to folk but I am more in to being honest about my feelings.....

Here is a concept you might want to start warming up to....It is a message board with people that have differing opinions.....

If what happened tonight is true.....how can you call it awful? An elderly man was sitting on a coach going home from an exiting game only to be greeted by a flying bottle through his coach window....awful? If that was your farther or grandfather....would it still be just awful.

Do me a favour....get of your high moral spineless horse and except that we don’t all want to try and sit on the fence and all be it may not be popular we have enough back bone to actually air our views.

PS.........did you not see the above comments? to Lord Giff from me.

I singled you out because I thought better of you than that, clearly I was mistaken!

I don't have a problem with your opinions, I have a problem with abusing other human beings who have done nothing more than share their opinions about yesterdays match on here, in a well balanced, and educated manner - clearly the latter is something you are very much lacking!

It was awful what happened last night, what adjective would you have preferred me use then? But I am curious, do you honestly think Lord Griff had anything to do with it then??? Do you think that Johnny Stokes had anything to do with it??? It seems you are suffering from the lynch mob mentality here, and you may wish to still live in the dark ages, but some of us prefer to excercise a little more restraint and a lot more intelligent judgement before they speak.

I am not on my high horse at all, far from it, but your abuse towards, what was a pretty accurate summation of yesterdays game, was embarrassing and gives us fans a very bad name.

You're not alone in this, you're quite right, but as I said, I have always thought you to be one of the more intelligent posters on here, which is why I was so surprised by your reaction.

The overwhleming majoiryt of O''s fans are absolutely fine, yes, they live in a wholly unpleasant area of the country, and of course we have a dislike for their team as they are one of our local rivals, but do we need to act like neanderthols because one of their fans dared to air his opinion on our message board - much as I am sure plenty of our supports have done on theirs?

RC you are of course correct in everything you have said and im sure that once people have calmed down they will see your prospective. However football is tribal and most people feel as if we lost yesterday as the equalizer was extremely late and a lot of decisions seemed to be against us. The team coach was attacked with an elderly guy sat by the window that was put in. Couple this with it being a local derby and you must be able to see why the reactions are what they are even if you dont agree with the sentiment?

Im sure if Lord Griff had come over to the site today or tomorrow he would get a better reception due to people calming down and getting over certain issues.

Of course I understand that football is an immotive and passionate sport, had you of seen me at 4.50 last night trapsing out of Brisbane Road, you would have known exactly how much I felt it - as much as anyone else on here.

The truth of the matter is, that is no excuse to act without thought - we all have the ability to think before we speak, and whilst the events yesterday were fairly traumatic for a number of reasons, it does not mean we have to act like we are completely idiotic.

Had Lord Griff come on here lauding it up about yesterdays events, then fair play, he would have been in no position to complain about the treatment, but he came on here with what was in essence a fairly accurate summary of the game, barring a coiuple of points, and was treated to that response.

The world we live in now has gone completely PC, and it is in truth a horrible place to live in, but we do still have the ability to remain civil to one another.

First time I've been on here since yesterday and reading through the thread, I was worried no-one was goign to say it.

To be honest, the ref was pretty bad but it's better to look at things in context. The penalty happened but then we went ahead again. We can't blame the ref for not dealing with the ball properly after the free-kick was blocked in the last minute or not keeping any meaningful possession in the last twenty minutes. Or, perhaps more significantly, we can't blame the ref for missing a free header to make it 3-1 and close the game, a point which LG has mentioned would have ended the contest.

Apart from Orient persistently catching Southend players after the ball had gone (was this a tactic?) it was a keenly contested 'derby' game with several good chances for either side. Whilst we might say it was lucky for them scoring deep in to injury time, had we walked away with a 2-1 win courtesy of a long range Peter Clarke effort that almost certainly clipped off the defender to get the necessary topspin, surely we would have been pretty lucky ourselves!

This Aberdeen Shrimper fellow is cracking me up.

What a pathetic waanabe hardman. I really do hope that he is some spotty 13 year old living out some football hooligan fantasy otherwise I pity him.

......or perhaps he is just trying to compensate for lacking in both the brain and trouser department,

We were really lucky to come away with a point yesterday. I thought the referee was poor. But if you lot had been able to hold onto the ball a bit more you definitely would've won, although Revell missing that header tipped the game our way. Why was he moved to the right wing?

I was really impressed with Nicky Bailey, I'm sure that wasn't his best game for you lot but he's a quality player and Mulgrew looks like a good signing. You've definitely got the better overall team and you stand a much better chance of reaching the play-offs than we have.

Superb time wasting as well when Black went off with almost the whole southend team waiting to give him a pat on the back.

Did your second goal take a deflection? as far as i could see the red midfield had become the red sea and there was no-one near enough.

Our main stand is ****ing rubbish though, I'll certainly agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back