• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hilarious: :hilarious:

Very good indeed Al.....green for you...

Hes got some sparkly gnashers aswell......

Oh and Borient.....yer seats are sh1te......and 182 in Block D is broken like the rest of your dumpy of a ground.

And who were the hoodies who had broken into one of the flats.....got greeted with "Asbos, Asbos, Asbos".....:hilarious:

Was it you who was abusing that family on the top floor of those flats!! lol

Was it you who was abusing that family on the top floor of those flats!! lol

Er no, they were a few rows behind us.....some quality chanting coming from that group of lads....well played. Some of the funniest chants I have heard for a while....:hilarious:

Poor girl with the pink hair and the fork at half time got it aswell.....absolute classic stuff.

Er no, they were a few rows behind us.....some quality chanting coming from that group of lads....well played. Some of the funniest chants I have heard for a while....:hilarious:

Poor girl with the pink hair and the fork at half time got it aswell.....absolute classic stuff.
I saw her on the train back, she got off at Westcliff. Traitor

And that family were ugly!!!

Terry's 'tackle' on Revell was simply assault and he should have walked. Mcdermid decision - No foul (indefensible)

The handball on the line from Peter Clarke. Penalty blues and defender sent off.
Mcdermid decision - No goal, no penalty, play on. (a joke)

Player chops Gower down by the corner flag. Could've been a sending off.
Mcdermid decision - yellow card (understandable)

Francis chests ball down in th area
Mcdermid decision - penalty (incomprehensible)

These are the four key decisions for me. They all went orient's way. It's gutting and shambolic because if I'm being honest the o's were a very average team (like ourselves) but we played the ball on the deck, looked to play to our strengths and defended reasonably well.

Terry's 'tackle' on Revell was simply assault and he should have walked. Mcdermid decision - No foul (indefensible)

The handball on the line from Peter Clarke. Penalty blues and defender sent off.
Mcdermid decision - No goal, no penalty, play on. (a joke)

Player chops Gower down by the corner flag. Could've been a sending off.
Mcdermid decision - yellow card (understandable)

Francis chests ball down in th area
Mcdermid decision - penalty (incomprehensible)

These are the four key decisions for me. They all went orient's way. It's gutting and shambolic because if I'm being honest the o's were a very average team (like ourselves) but we played the ball on the deck, looked to play to our strengths and defended reasonably well.

Worst ref I have EVER seen...and that is by a long shot. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hearn had bunged him a brown envelope after that performance.

Worst ref I have EVER seen...and that is by a long shot. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hearn had bunged him a brown envelope after that performance.

One of the Orient must have bunged him up the brown.....shocking ref decisions all game.....

Probably in the tub with the scummers afterwards......

Terry's "challenge" on Revell was a career ender IMO and i hope that he will be dealt with. I was right infront of it and that useless lino on our side was even closer ( and the ref closer still ) and neither managed to clock it. I was more angry at that than anything else today 'cos it isn't the kind of thing you want to see on a pitch. Yes, fair enough, go in to the challenge and look to win the ball, but players should not be jumping in 2 footed like that!

I think a draw was probably a fair result today but we knew that Danny McDermitt came into the game with a terrible reputation and he will be in our minds for a long time after several wrong decisions. Lets hope the bloke wont be down at the Hall too soon!

Kev

If i'm honest and i think orient fans should agree the top of L1 is punching above their level. We're not great but we are looking at a new ground (unlike their business park) looking to get into the championship, expand and improve and invest in the squad, become and academy club and from there push towards the premier league. Orient fail to invest in players and look to make money rather than progress on the football front. Hearn is purely profit driven whereas RM invests everything southend united have back into the club. I'd rather support the bigger side with the better long term future than some mediocre side who think they could achieve promotion to the Championship.

Interesting to read Martin Ling's view on the game on the Orient OS...he reckons that the draw feels like a win to them, felt they were lucky not not concede a penalty for the hand-ball, thought that their penalty was lucky and the ref was rubbish which is probably the only sensible orient view I've read all night.

I totally agree. Most Orient fans will be delighted with midtable finish, after last seasons last gasp relegation escape and realise that our flirtation with the top of the league was a massive over achievement.

But very similar to when you guys won the league a couple of years back.

Personally, I think Orients future has never been rosier. A young team, who are performing well in the league and the prospect of a new ground as well.

I totally agree. Most Orient fans will be delighted with midtable finish, after last seasons last gasp relegation escape and realise that our flirtation with the top of the league was a massive over achievement.

Personally, I think Orients future has never been rosier. A young team, who are performing well in the league and the prospect of a new ground as well.

Is that the one that Subbuteo are building for you then? :rolleyes:

Terry's "challenge" on Revell was a career ender IMO and i hope that he will be dealt with. I was right infront of it and that useless lino on our side was even closer ( and the ref closer still ) and neither managed to clock it. I was more angry at that than anything else today 'cos it isn't the kind of thing you want to see on a pitch. Yes, fair enough, go in to the challenge and look to win the ball, but players should not be jumping in 2 footed like that!

I think a draw was probably a fair result today but we knew that Danny McDermitt came into the game with a terrible reputation and he will be in our minds for a long time after several wrong decisions. Lets hope the bloke wont be down at the Hall too soon!

Kev

I'd be surprised if it went any further, but it was an atrocious tackle by Terry and we were very fortunate the ref missed it.

Interesting to read Martin Ling's view on the game on the Orient OS...he reckons that the draw feels like a win to them, felt they were lucky not not concede a penalty for the hand-ball, thought that their penalty was lucky and the ref was rubbish which is probably the only sensible orient view I've read all night.

Being as tho he is the main man at Orient, I suggest any Orient fans that want to come and spout their cr@p, read the above post first!!

Ha Ha Ha .whatever are you going to put in this new ground? You have less fans than the scum up the A12..

our flirtation with the top of the league was a massive over achievement.

Firstly, how would you know anything about that being in the league below at the time?

Secondly, how can you say that? We didn't drop out of the top six between late September/early October and the end of the season, and probably spent a third or more of the season in first place. That and your brief flirtation with 1st place this season are utterly incomparable.

Just because we came up the season before, doesn't mean we punched above our weight to be at the top that season. We had one of the best squads in the league that year. This year, you don't.

Last edited:
Fair point, and maybe if Orient had a bit more depth to the squad we could have sustained a promotion challenge for a bit longer.

I'd be surprised if it went any further, but it was an atrocious tackle by Terry and we were very fortunate the ref missed it.

Im sure you are most definetly right L.G, had it happened in the Prem, there would be a milllion and one angles and SSN would be showing it for next 24 hours but unfortunately we are little old Orient and Southend and im sure nothing will get done about the incident or that horrible fatty little podgy ref ...

Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back