• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I thought 2-2 was a fair scoreline. You clearly had the better of the 1st half, we had the better of the 2nd. Turning point was Revells missed header IMO - if that goes in, its game over.

Cant really comment on the penalty as I was at the other end in the North Stand, but to be fair the ref was very well placed. I actually thought the ref did well today, however he did miss a shocking tackle by Paul Terry on Revell, which should have been a straight red.

I know we were quiet, most home fans are, but I was surprised at the lack of noise coming from the Southend fans, given the fact that the acoustics in the East Stand are probably the best in the ground.

As expected, your midfield were impressive and Clarke/Barrett were there usual reliable selfs. Thought Flahavan was poor today though.

Barnard hasnt changed IMO and it wont be long before he is plying his trade in the Conference and Revell didnt impress me either.

I dont think either team are good enough to go up, but Southends squad depth could squeeze them into the play-offs.

Finally, Clarkes goal was the most spawniest effort I have seen all season. It took a massive deflection on its way in.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season.

Do yourself a favour mate....learn to read and F OFF

PS....we don’t hate you, we pity you for being a nothing club in the shadows of the team you really want to be....the Spammers.

Don’t try to disagree because we all know it is true

Now Jog on son

:finger: :finger: :finger:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. He may have given us the big decisions, but Orient were awarded 15 free kicks and Southend 11.

You would expect most home teams to get slightly more fks than the away team.

Wrong. He may have given us the big decisions, but Orient were awarded 15 free kicks and Southend 11.

But that dosent tell the story of the game does it? i.e. dodgy pen, we shoudl have one, too much stoppage time

I say it again:

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Look it up Griff.

It's more that out of those 26 decisions you mention I would estimate nearly half of them were wrong. And he missed a lot too. It was a shocking performance that leaves teams and fans in a panic as you've absolutely no idea what he's going to do next. However you spin it, you won't dissuade me on this.

Oh please jog on!!
Face it the referee wasnt very good! as I posted about him in another thread he has history!

Also you were lucky not to have players sent off! how many two footed challanges your players made! Theres been alot of reds for them recently!

Your Police were OTT, saw some kid get pinned to a tree by 3 Cops.

Barry hearn tatics alright!

We hateeeeeeeee Orientttttt
We hateeeeeeeee Orientttttt

Even the assistants were getting in on the act, when Gray smashed the ball against the bar he was one of 3 people offside when the ball was played in.

Blind ****s...:minger: :rolleyes:

Can i suggest some either....Greens LMAO......or REDs for Mr Giff depending on your views and feelings????

BTW, well done to all who went. Your vocal support came over really well listening in, heard chants and cheers whereas you only heard Orient's supporters when they scored or when they were booing our players if they went down because off the physical assaults being meted out by their players.

BTW, well done to all who went. Your vocal support came over really well listening in, heard chants and cheers whereas you only heard Orient's supporters when they scored or when they were booing our players if they went down because off the physical assaults being meted out by their players.

Yeah was great noise today in all sections of there poo whole stand we had!! got no voice left now!

Lucky tw@ts. They really were. Number of shots on goal tells you nothing about how good you were, because half of yours were hit and hope from outside the area! We were WELL on top, and you deserved absolutely nothing.

Referee destroyed it for us.

Terry should have been off for a blatant 2-footed lunge on Revell.
The 'handball' was NOT handball. I think the bright red ball-shaped
mark on Francis' chest showed that.

Whether the free-kick that led to you equaliser was a free-kick or not is
elementary - we should have had a free-kick 5 seconds before when
Gower was illegally wrestled to the floor, so it should never have got
to the stage where you could be awarded a free-kick.
There strong were suspicions of offside at the back post for your
equaliser.

You should never have had the chance for the equaliser because the
referee should have blown up 40 seconds before by my watch.

We were and are a million miles better than Orient and in no way did they deserve anything out of that game. Yes they keep on beating us, but they wouldn't be able to do it without either us scoring their goals for them, or them having the officials blatantly on their side.

In fairness they did create a lot of chances and their subs did have an impact unlike ours. That Jebo fellow always looks a handful.

Not to take anything away from the Refs atrocious performance though.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10444~39084,00.html

Is it me, or is Lee Barnard at Brisbane Road or hailing a taxi outside the Odeon?

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Very good indeed Al.....green for you...

Hes got some sparkly gnashers aswell......

Oh and Borient.....yer seats are sh1te......and 182 in Block D is broken like the rest of your dumpy of a ground.

And who were the hoodies who had broken into one of the flats.....got greeted with "Asbos, Asbos, Asbos".....:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back