• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think you can be too careful.

One day kids are turning their noses up at a Madras, the next they are underlining passages in The Turner Diaries and firebombing mosques.

Last edited:
As the thread says, Australia's stance on immigration, that is people coming into the country, aboriginies were always there( and I don;t agree with the way aboriginies were treated)..If you are going to try and make me look stupid, make sure you read my post properly first eh!!

Yes, sorry. Was in a testy mood this morning :D

Don't for a second think I agree with this article, but I think you've missed the point. It isn't saying kids have to like, or eat spicy food. What it is saying is look for their reaction to the food. If the reaction to (for example) fish and chips is to push it away and refuse to eat it, but their reaction to, say, curry, is to say "Yuk" then the reaction could be considered racist because it is out of the norm for that child.

I still think it's a load of rubbish, but let's at least vilify it for the correct reasons.

hurrah, someone who actually read what the article said.

There is nothing wrong with a child not liking any particular food, its the reason for not liking it which is the indicator.
The whole idea is to look for indications of a racist nature at a time when the individual is unable to form many opinions themselves. If the kid who said "yuk" to a curry before they have tried it is asked what they don't like then the answer will be indicative of the reason. "I don't like the taste, its too hot" - not really a problem . " Its made by those smelly people" would show that the child is subject to racist pressure from an early age.
I presume that this "test" is being applied to all children though, and any kid who doesn't like Macdonalds will be asked why, to see if they are being force fed (scuse the pun) Anti western or Animal rights propaganda too.

As for the Australian immigration issue, I have concerns about an immigration policy which allows anyone (in fact actively encourages) in and then when they feel that they have exploited the situation (or got to a stage where non whites can afford to emmigrate and fancy a piece of the action) the decide to raise the bar to eliminate any which are not now good enough.
To build your nation of the back of immigration and then decide that you don't like immigration does strike me as a little hypocritical.
A bit like applauding low prices but criticising the workers toiling at minimum (or below) wages employed by the companies to keep prices low.

To build your nation of the back of immigration and then decide that you don't like immigration does strike me as a little hypocritical.
But times and needs change which is why the immigration policy has to change as well. You cant just keep on letting the country fill up with immigrants forever.

There is nothing wrong with a child not liking any particular food, its the reason for not liking it which is the indicator.
The whole idea is to look for indications of a racist nature at a time when the individual is unable to form many opinions themselves. If the kid who said "yuk" to a curry before they have tried it is asked what they don't like then the answer will be indicative of the reason. "I don't like the taste, its too hot" - not really a problem . " Its made by those smelly people" would show that the child is subject to racist pressure from an early age.
I presume that this "test" is being applied to all children though, and any kid who doesn't like Macdonalds will be asked why, to see if they are being force fed (scuse the pun) Anti western or Animal rights propaganda too.

As for the Australian immigration issue, I have concerns about an immigration policy which allows anyone (in fact actively encourages) in and then when they feel that they have exploited the situation (or got to a stage where non whites can afford to emmigrate and fancy a piece of the action) the decide to raise the bar to eliminate any which are not now good enough.
A bit like applauding low prices but criticising the workers toiling at minimum (or below) wages employed by the companies to keep prices low.

Driving past an Indian restaurant, the smell hits you everytime..for me, I love it, would sit outside an Indian all day, the smell is awesome....but to a child, they will then associate the smell with Indians in general and may well use the term 'Its made by those smelly people'...not racism, but how they percieve the Indian people to be, they associate Indians with the smell from a curry house!!

So why the red?

Paul, to be fair, I don't think that's what he means here. Admittedly white man is guilty for a lot of that kind of stuff in both Australia and America, but it's the stand against any person wanting to enter the country that I think he's advocating. At least, I hope it is.

And yet the second largest "ethinic" minority imagrent in OZ are Greeks .

Any way i suspect if people read the article form teh Torygraph youd find that its 90% please watch out for children saying racist words and find out why , and a small foot note on why the dont like food .

Its silly season in paper land and the sales are going down

Because you have your own opinion mate...you will learn!!

We have to all be automotons that never have our own controversials ideas and thinking!

Marginally unfair, As I said on a previous thread about rep, I don't red because I disagree, I red because I disapprove
, or when I click the wrong button .........

If my daughter's nursery phoned me up to say she had been uttering such comedy lines as "I'm not eating that curry, it's made by smelly people" I would take her home, ask her what huge present she wanted and go and treat her wildly.

As said, although there is no smoke without fire in Politcal Correctness riddled organisations such as the NCB, a lot of this is probably the media trying to stoke the flames on a non-story in a slow news summer!

If my daughter's nursery phoned me up to say she had been uttering such comedy lines as "I'm not eating that curry, it's made by smelly people" I would take her home, ask her what huge present she wanted and go and treat her wildly.

If I had a child it would be force fed curry until he/her learnt that it is the greatest food known to mankind and anyone who says otherwise is WRONG.

If I had a child it would be force fed curry until he/her learnt that it is the greatest food known to mankind and anyone who says otherwise is WRONG.

There is a time and a place for a curry though .. midweek in a restaurant or Friday / Saturday night takeaway ... some of those smelly people eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea i heard :stunned: ;) :whistling: :net:

There is a time and a place for a curry though .. midweek in a restaurant or Friday / Saturday night takeaway ... some of those smelly people eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea i heard :stunned: ;) :whistling: :net:

If only... it's just a pipe dream :'(

Back