• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ho-dislike-spicy-food-racist,-say-report.html
Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.
The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".

The 366-page guide for staff in charge of pre-school children, called Young Children and Racial Justice, warns: "Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships."

It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Warning that failing to pick children up on their racist attitudes could instil prejudice, the NCB adds that if children "reveal negative attitudes, the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes".

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."

Ridiculous. A child of that age is difficult enough to feed without trying to force spicy food on them. I've seen plenty of children who refuse to eat spicy food, even adults. Spices are an acquired taste, not an indication of racist tendencies. Get rid of all this PC nonsense for goodness sake.

Personally, I hate Eccles cakes, does that make me prejudiced towards natives of Eccles?

All this crap is just making me want to leave this country even more

*Takes another step nearer to the airport* that report makes me seeth, its just so bloody ridiculous.

FFS I love this country but I find the daily news increasingly depressing (knife crime, vicious murders, influenza pandemics etc etc) and the nanny state that we now live in is intolerable. So.......... Mr Brown, the reason that food prices are increasing is down to food wastage and its all our fault. Nothing to do with supermarket price hikes or anything.

Its reports like the the one in the first post that makes me depair, seriously, its getting to the stage where i'm checking my emmigration point score and plane fare prices daily. It kills me to say it but this country is pants at the moment and I cant see it getting any better.

Last edited:
Well it's a well known fact, if you have ever lived in south london and used the local buses, that african blacks like to eat horrible fish sandwiches, and to be honest, i think they stink (the sandwiches) is that racist?

Last edited:
It kills me to say it but this country is pants at the moment and I cant see it getting any better

You mean thousands more immigrants wont improve it? Giving citizenship to people called Mohammed Abdul Mohbomber is a backward step?

You must be one ofthe minority, just like me, thats is so often slated on this board for our "English"views. Be careful you will be randed a racist, probably by the next poster.

You mean thousands more immigrants wont improve it? Giving citizenship to people called Mohammed Abdul Mohbomber is a backward step?

You must be one ofthe minority, just like me, thats is so often slated on this board for our "English"views. Be careful you will be randed a racist, probably by the next poster.
He didn't mention race in any of his posts...

Back