• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You mean thousands more immigrants wont improve it? Giving citizenship to people called Mohammed Abdul Mohbomber is a backward step?

You must be one ofthe minority, just like me, thats is so often slated on this board for our "English"views. Be careful you will be randed a racist, probably by the next poster.

I totally agree (again) comes to something, when it's becoming illegal to live your life in your countries traditional way.

He didn't mention race in any of his posts...

No but he said the country was getting worse. Thats enough for some peolpe to start brandishing the racist tag.

Perhaps he will come back and explain why he thinks the country is getting worse.

It's getting worse because the pillocks in charge like that Scottish one eyed freak of a PM are making it worse with inane observations such as blaming the current economic climate on "wasting food".

It's alright for all the World leaders to be sitting down for some indulgent fine dining at the G-8 summit in Japan last month though isn't it....??

My mistake.

Last edited:
I couldn't give a **** if I lived next to a Malcolm or a Mahommad, I have no gripe with creed or colour.

My angst is with the present government who's decision making, release of misleading information and telling us what to do for our own good is truly nauseating.

The BBC must also take blame for its constant fear mongering of imminent flu pandemics, economic recessions and urban warfare amongst teenagers.

These are the reasons I am dissillusioned with this country.

I couldn't give a **** if I lived next to a Malcolm or a Mahommad, I have no gripe with creed or colour.

My angst is with the present government who's decision making, release of misleading information and telling us what to do for our own good is truly nauseating.

The BBC must also take blame for its constant fear mongering of imminent flu pandemics, economic recessions and urban warfare amongst teenagers.

Spot on. The media do love to sensationalise everything & add 'spin' of one form or another - or you may prefer the word propaganda...

i would love to see the reaction if lots of brits went over to foriegn countries and tried to change their ways. i doubt we will get as much success. if people immigrate here i dont mind but you come here for what it is - not to change it ! like the whole "christmas" problem because it offends muslims - its our tradition! we dont ask them to change their celebrations .
allthough i do understand alot of muslims etc arent offended and its only the extremists :)

You mean thousands more immigrants wont improve it? Giving citizenship to people called Mohammed Abdul Mohbomber is a backward step?

You must be one ofthe minority, just like me, thats is so often slated on this board for our "English"views. Be careful you will be randed a racist, probably by the next poster.

100% with you on on all of this...people too afraid to put forward their views, cos a few on here will neg rep you for being 'racist' when all you are doing is being proud to be English!!

You would if Mohammed was secretly making bombs or plotting to kill thousands of innocent citizens while being your friend to your face!!

You would if Mohammed was secretly making bombs or plotting to kill thousands of innocent citizens while being your friend to your face!!

I'm not sure if you are fishing or genuinely believe what you write. It seems to me like you're suffering from a heightened state of Islamaphobia.

If you are that paranoid that you believe that ALL people with middle eastern appearance (cos lets face it, everyone with that look is a muslim, right? /sarcasm off) is directly threatening your life you then will be live your life with a very prejudicial slant.

A little bit of rationality is needed as I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of UK muslims are just living life in an identical manner as everybody else. I'm sure that they're disgusted at the thought of people committing horrendous crimes such as 7/7 as much as the rest of UK community.

Last edited:
If we took Australia's stance on immigration, then this heightened fear would never have happened. I am no racist, I love a good Indian curry from a good curry house or a kebab from a Turkish take away. I have friends who are Black, Indian, Chinese etc etc

I was just making the point.

I visited London of a weekend and I was outnumbered 10 to 1 with foreighners..That is in the English capital city..How sad it that!!

If we took Australia's stance on immigration, then this heightened fear would never have happened. I am no racist, I love a good Indian curry from a good curry house or a kebab from a Turkish take away. I have friends who are Black, Indian, Chinese etc etc

I was just making the point.

I visited London of a weekend and I was outnumbered 10 to 1 with foreighners..That is in the English capital city..How sad it that!!

I know what you're saying here, and as it happens I do agree with Australia's immigration stance. It is London's diverseness though which makes it the vibrant city that it is, think of how many musicians, entertainers and actors there are with ethnic origins. If you go and see the Lion King, for instance, you'd struggle to see more than a handful of white performers, but that doesn't mean the audiences are predominantely ethnic.

It is the attitude of the think tanks in Whitehall and various other Government buildings that create much of the racial tension by their inadequacy and inability to understand that what the huge majority of people in this country want is a FAIR system of government, and not one that is slanted in ANY particular direction towards a particular race, creed, gender, sexually preferential, physically disadvantaged or any other minority group.

Such as destroying an indiginious population, stealing all their land, and then not even classing them as human beings until the 1960's?

Paul, to be fair, I don't think that's what he means here. Admittedly white man is guilty for a lot of that kind of stuff in both Australia and America, but it's the stand against any person wanting to enter the country that I think he's advocating. At least, I hope it is.

If we took Australia's stance on immigration!

Such as destroying an indiginious population, stealing all their land, and then not even classing them as human beings until the 1960's?

He obviously means the policy they use now.

As the thread says, Australia's stance on immigration, that is people coming into the country, aboriginies were always there( and I don;t agree with the way aboriginies were treated)..If you are going to try and make me look stupid, make sure you read my post properly first eh!!

As the thread says, Australia's stance on immigration, that is people coming into the country, aboriginies were always there( and I don;t agree with the way aboriginies were treated)..If you are going to try and make me look stupid, make sure you read my post properly first eh!!

Ok, let's stop being personal here. It's not big and it's not clever.

Ridiculous. A child of that age is difficult enough to feed without trying to force spicy food on them. I've seen plenty of children who refuse to eat spicy food, even adults. Spices are an acquired taste, not an indication of racist tendencies. Get rid of all this PC nonsense for goodness sake.

Personally, I hate Eccles cakes, does that make me prejudiced towards natives of Eccles?

Don't for a second think I agree with this article, but I think you've missed the point. It isn't saying kids have to like, or eat spicy food. What it is saying is look for their reaction to the food. If the reaction to (for example) fish and chips is to push it away and refuse to eat it, but their reaction to, say, curry, is to say "Yuk" then the reaction could be considered racist because it is out of the norm for that child.

I still think it's a load of rubbish, but let's at least vilify it for the correct reasons.

Last edited:
Back