• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DonnyRover

Schoolboy
Well I enjoyed the trip last night. It took us 5 hours to get down to your place and then another 5 and a half to get back to Doncaster. The A1 was closed on the way home so most Rovers fans got stuck when a tanker and a car both overturned blocking the motorway for a good hour or so not even moving. It did lead to a fair few Rovers fans having a sing song at 130 AM on the A1 which was quite entertaining.

First half I felt you started better. I was a little worried that we didn't counteract the movement of the big coloured lad (forgot his name). That seamt to cause us problems and I felt at first you were better than us with the ball as we wasted it a little at times. A good chance each Mills for us it seems having seen it on TV, though we couldn't see it at the game. Then the great save from Sulli at the near post from Francis. In chances terms even I'd say with you edging it by using the ball better.

Second half we improved a little and got going. The passing was better, in better areas and wasn't as sloppy. We had some great chances with Price the main one and for me he should have done better. That's us though, we do miss these chances. We could have nicked a goal for me when on top but we didn't and then you came back at us, as we all thought you would. You had some chances then and looked like you could score, Barnard looking the liveliest.

You had your chances too and I was a little worried that you'd nick it at the end. In the end though I felt a draw was fair, last night as it was overall an even game.

On the ref well for me he was superb. You don't often say it but he got every decision spot on. Heffernan was silly. I've never seen him do that before and it really was strange as he's normally so calm. Had to go though and it was inexcusable. We may have nicked it late on and his sending off gave you a lift at the end where you could have got the goal you wanted.

On the atmosphere well it was a tad strange. We never stopped in the 90 minutes and for me we were superb. Having watched the video you can hear you lot going for it, but for some reason we couldn't hear it much in the stand as it seamt not to travel.

It'll be a good one next week in front of a sell out crowd and I feel we can do the business at home. We missed Wellens big time last night and he should be fit next week which is a huge boost for us really. Equally you lot could come up and get the win. I'd imagine you'll be happy for a 90 minute draw whereas we'll want to win it. It'll be interesting to see how it goes but I've got a feeling there will be a few goals in it. Should be a cracker though.

good views donnyrover i agree it will be a cracker, just remember our away form is second to none so beware the blue boys are coming to donny to get that ticket to wembley

A very fair summary of the game. Not much between the two sides - could go either way next week.

Yep, a good and fair view. Think we might be a tad more relaxed away from home as it goes while Donny might be a little more tense, so still everything to play for.

Yep, a good and fair view. Think we might be a tad more relaxed away from home as it goes while Donny might be a little more tense, so still everything to play for.

I'm not sure to be honest how we'll be. Earlier in the season we were awesome away from home and a bit edgy at home. But in the latter part of the season, we've really picked up at home and the lads look confident with the crowd behind them. Our crowd can be the key for us. If we get right behind them then it makes a huge difference. Sadly if things don't go our way it can have the opposite effect with some of the crowd moaning.

Thankfully this hasn't happened in a long time, even when losing the support's been class and it could be key next week.

I thought 800 odd Donny fans there was a good show as it was on a week day night ...Still, same for us next week although I do feel we will take alot more than 800.The acoustics at RH from stand to stand stink that's for sure..

Anybody know why Fairfax Drive/Vic Avenue was shut off at the end of the game ?

First half I felt you started better. I was a little worried that we didn't counteract the movement of the big coloured lad (forgot his name).

Good match report, but who are you talking about? The Eddie Murphy look-a-like James Walker? He's about 5'10" so I wouldn't call him big!

Excellent post Donny. Great turn out last night by your fans and very vocal.

Your club have come a long way since that chairman burnt down your stand and tried to liquidate your club. Amazing that you bounced back from all that.

Apologies for not wishing you all the best for the rest of the season but I am sure you will understand.

I thought 800 odd Donny fans there was a good show as it was on a week day night ...Still, same for us next week although I do feel we will take alot more than 800.The acoustics at RH from stand to stand stink that's for sure..

Anybody know why Fairfax Drive/Vic Avenue was shut off at the end of the game ?

No, we turned into Fairfax from Gainsborough Drive and it was certainly open from there with traffic going in both directions. Guess it was more around the Priory Park area perhaps? Could it have been to do with getting the Donny fans out and away?

No, we turned into Fairfax from Gainsborough Drive and it was certainly open from there with traffic going in both directions. Guess it was more around the Priory Park area perhaps? Could it have been to do with getting the Donny fans out and away?

No problems around Priory Park, in fact got away quite quickly and I was home soon after 10pm.

I was screaming blue murder at the ref for most of the game cos i felt he was giving us next to nothing ... however i watched the re-run later on and, as DonnyRover pointed out, he got all the key decisions spot on ... so onto next week then, with it still up for grabs (though i obviously wanted some sort of lead to take up there) ... how many Blues are gonna make the trip do you all reckon ?? i think something like 1800 > 2000

I was screaming blue murder at the ref for most of the game cos i felt he was giving us next to nothing ... however i watched the re-run later on and, as DonnyRover pointed out, he got all the key decisions spot on

He seemed to know all about Macca's reputation and pulled him up so many times for next to nothing challenges!

He seemed to know all about Macca's reputation and pulled him up so many times for next to nothing challenges!

Yeah, I agree Rich and I thought Macca did well to keep a lid on his temper knowing how volatile he can be. I didn't even think he did anything particularly that merited free kicks being given against him. Had a very good game in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree Rich and I thought Macca did well to keep a lid on his temper knowing how volatile he can be. I didn't even think he did anything particularly that merited free kicks being given against him. Had a very good game in my opinion.

Thought he was a goner when Mac after he gave away a free-kick and then launched into a tirade of 4 letter words against the ref and the Donny player who had actually fouled him!

On the ref well for me he was superb. You don't often say it but he got every decision spot on. Heffernan was silly. I've never seen him do that before and it really was strange as he's normally so calm. Had to go though and it was inexcusable. We may have nicked it late on and his sending off gave you a lift at the end where you could have got the goal you wanted.

It's rather rare that both sets of fans think the ref was good, but I think this is one such occasion. I thought he was very good, and tried to keep his cards in his pocket, but I guess Heffernan had other ideas!

On the atmosphere well it was a tad strange. We never stopped in the 90 minutes and for me we were superb. Having watched the video you can hear you lot going for it, but for some reason we couldn't hear it much in the stand as it seamt not to travel.

It's the barrel shaped roof that does it. You sound like you're making more noise than the Israelites at Jericho, but no-one else can hear you!

Back