• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am about to go back to bongo bongo land for a few months,so before I depart these shores, a few thoughts.

1. I havent stopped laughing since yesterday, over the comments of some of the people that post on here, "hairs on the back of the neck" "something to tell the children" please, its laughable, theres more to life than a football stadium being built!!

2. Bringing the players to the decision was a little bit odd, lets face in two years time when the stadium is built, I doubt if any of the players currently playing in the squad, will be at southend, and for those that are not local like bradders, and francis and hammell, i dont suppose they give 2 tosses if the stadium is built or not?? thESE are footballers who ply their trade wherever.

3. Mahers comments re his testimonial are a little foolish, he may well play his testimonial there next year, but its going be boring having to keep retrieving the ball back from the memorial garden, especailly given his ability to pass to another player!! also its gonna be problem charging admission to a ploughed field.

4.As a real fan who lives in close proximity to roots hall, let me assure you i shall fight nail and tooth to stop the developement at roots hall, yes i am a nimby, but this isnt about stopping the club from moving to a new ground, this is about fighting to stop a developement of an obscene nature from blighting the prittlewell area. Some of you cannot look any further than the end of your noses, there is more to life than football, and when some of you youngsters grow up you will realise, that quality of life and your surroundings are just as important. That type of developement will certainly bring with it an influx of immigrants and ayslum seekers. So now the dilemma whether to fight it, with a camp bling type of protest. Or as fortunately I am rich enough to move, but then that rather defeats the object!!

5. Finally I have noticed over the last 3 or so weeks, that there has been some inane remarks aimed at me and mine, now as I am sure you all know me and my family, then I would rather you come and seek me out over the games in the next few weeks, rather than hide behind your keyboards, mind you that is hard if you live a long way away

1 - But it seems important enough to you.

2 - But they're at the club today and team spirit is important. Not odd at all. And maybe the prospect of the new stadium might encourage some of the current squad to stay with the club for a bit longer. Either way it hardly does any harm, does it?

3 - lol

4 - My initial reaction is that if you are rich enough to move and the football club is no longer going to be on your doorstep then, as you say, you should look after your family and move. Personally I wouldn't live in the area through choice, only necessity. Also, the stress levels of getting all het up and fighting tooth and nail to try and stop a massive development can be detrimental to your health. In all likelihood you'll probably end up losing anyway, and if you spend significant amounts of time in wherever bongo bongo land is, your views on how it will affect your local environment are hardly going to carry much weight, are they? As you are a nimby, perhaps try moving to a bigger and more exclusive back yard.

5 - I don't have a scooby who you are and even though I can deduce from other posts who you might be I wouldn't know you if I fell over you. I don't think you're THAT legendary to be honest.

Last edited:
Dear TMWLT,
Firstly thanks for your thoughts, and I wish you well on your return to "Bongo Bongo land". in response to your comments would say as follows;

1.It was obviously important enough to those that wrote comments, whats the issue?

2.Why odd?, Southend is a business and where you work should be important to its employees.

3.As far as I am aware the stadium if built is due for completion in 2008, so not unplausible but I agree a long shot for Kev (excuse the pun).

4.As a real fan perhaps you should be less condesending to the younger fans and newer ones, after all surely a real fan would want bigger and better facilities.
Southend already has a multicultural mix in certain areas anyway, whats so different about Prittlewell, as against say southchurch or Westcliff?
Maybe your wealth is better spent on housing in "Bongo Bongo land"

5. I also have no idea who you are, but clearly you are upset about something, my respectful suggestion to you is to live by your own comments.
Ie "theres more to life"

That type of developement will certainly bring with it an influx of immigrants and ayslum seekers.

I met two sexy polish girls at Basildon Festival Park few week ago, they are good in bed & know how to have good time - so I welcome anyone to England long as they are beautiful & sexy, that fine by me!

It's all a bit ridiculous and foolish. Am I right in thinking that this is the same person who declared that the end of Southend United was nigh back in 2000 when John Main was ousted? Is this the same person that said that Ron Martin was only involved with the club to get hold of Roots Hall and that the stadium was merely a smoke-screen for his real evil intentions? Is this the same person who claimed that Southend United wouldn't exist beyond 2005?

I met two sexy polish girls at Basildon Festival Park few week ago, they are good in bed & know how to have good time - so I welcome anyone to England long as they are beautiful & sexy, that fine by me!

Thanks for sharing that, but why and what were they polishing? And did they use beeswax?:confused:

Last edited:
I am about to go back to bongo bongo land for a few months,so before I depart these shores, a few thoughts.

1. I havent stopped laughing since yesterday, over the comments of some of the people that post on here, "hairs on the back of the neck" "something to tell the children" please, its laughable, theres more to life than a football stadium being built!!

2. Bringing the players to the decision was a little bit odd, lets face in two years time when the stadium is built, I doubt if any of the players currently playing in the squad, will be at southend, and for those that are not local like bradders, and francis and hammell, i dont suppose they give 2 tosses if the stadium is built or not?? thESE are footballers who ply their trade wherever.

3. Mahers comments re his testimonial are a little foolish, he may well play his testimonial there next year, but its going be boring having to keep retrieving the ball back from the memorial garden, especailly given his ability to pass to another player!! also its gonna be problem charging admission to a ploughed field.

4.As a real fan who lives in close proximity to roots hall, let me assure you i shall fight nail and tooth to stop the developement at roots hall, yes i am a nimby, but this isnt about stopping the club from moving to a new ground, this is about fighting to stop a developement of an obscene nature from blighting the prittlewell area. Some of you cannot look any further than the end of your noses, there is more to life than football, and when some of you youngsters grow up you will realise, that quality of life and your surroundings are just as important. That type of developement will certainly bring with it an influx of immigrants and ayslum seekers. So now the dilemma whether to fight it, with a camp bling type of protest. Or as fortunately I am rich enough to move, but then that rather defeats the object!!

5. Finally I have noticed over the last 3 or so weeks, that there has been some inane remarks aimed at me and mine, now as I am sure you all know me and my family, then I would rather you come and seek me out over the games in the next few weeks, rather than hide behind your keyboards, mind you that is hard if you live a long way away

Get OVER yourself!

It's all a bit ridiculous and foolish. Am I right in thinking that this is the same person who declared that the end of Southend United was nigh back in 2000 when John Main was ousted? Is this the same person that said that Ron Martin was only involved with the club to get hold of Roots Hall and that the stadium was merely a smoke-screen for his real evil intentions? Is this the same person who claimed that Southend United wouldn't exist beyond 2005?

To be honest Xabia, I can't remember... but he certainly is the same chap who advocates the "slagging off" of players since he's paid his money to get in the ground.

To TMWLT, if you are going to spout such opinions on a public internet forum, you should expect to receive opinions in return. If you make them on the internet, it's likely that you'll receive the comments back on the internet.

As for "inane comments", I feel in life you really do get what you give.

Thanks for sharing that, but why and what were they polishing? And did they use beeswax?

I meant "between the sheet" thing ... you know what Iam talking about :p There are girls from France, German & Sweden in Basildon & Southend nightspot as well!

Bongo Bongo Land
sound like a Africa country innt :confused: place like Keyna, Nigera & Congo where the guys jumping up & down holding their weapon while the other guys banging the drum making a Bongo! Bongo! noise?

TMWLT;3637334. said:
As a real fan who lives in close proximity to roots hall, let me assure you i shall fight nail and tooth to stop the developement at roots hall, yes i am a nimby, but this isnt about stopping the club from moving to a new ground, this is about fighting to stop a developement of an obscene nature from blighting the prittlewell area. Some of you cannot look any further than the end of your noses, there is more to life than football, and when some of you youngsters grow up you will realise, that quality of life and your surroundings are just as important. That type of developement will certainly bring with it an influx of immigrants and ayslum seekers. So now the dilemma whether to fight it, with a camp bling type of protest. Or as fortunately I am rich enough to move, but then that rather defeats the object!!

Then what do you suggest as a reasonable development for the land? A park? At the end of the day its a prime lump of real estate that requires development. Like it or lump it something will be built there and its qite likely to be similar to whats been proposed as thats what is demanded by the government and PPG's.

Last edited:
I'm with Murky Mouse. More immigrants means more girls. I think Dave the Shrimper has got a scoreboard that needs completing and we'll still missing a Bulgarian.

*remembers that the receptionist is Bulgarian*

*buys flowers, adopts 'winning smile*

[qoute]I love you Murky Mouse. Don't you dare ever leave this forum.[/quote]

I was going to write the same thing!

More immigrants means more girls. I think Dave the Shrimper has got a scoreboard that needs completing and we'll still missing a Bulgarian.

*remembers that the receptionist is Bulgarian*

*buys flowers, adopts 'winning smile*

If the immigrant woman happens to be bouncing around on my John Thomas and she raises her hands to run her fingers through her hair and there then happens to be more under her arms than on top of her head then I'm sorry, I care not what country she hails from she's off quicker than you can reach for a Strimmer.

No if's, no but's......it's wrong!

If the immigrant woman happens to be bouncing around on my John Thomas and she raises her hands to run her fingers through her hair and there then happens to be more under her arms than on top of her head then I'm sorry, I care not what country she hails from she's off quicker than you can reach for a Strimmer.

No if's, no but's......it's wrong!

True, have you ever been to Amsterdam (Holland) yet? I went to "Escape Nightclub" in city centre - I cannot belive my eyes there, load of stunning girls there (not once with hairy armpit) - lucky I got a mate who can speak bit of dutch.

On point 4. I have to agree and show me someone who says they are not a N.I.M.B.Y. and I'll show you a....LIAR. Lets hope that SBC stay strong on this. I can smell a campaign coming on and us Prittlewellians have some recent and current ongoing experience of course . Now that the Camp Bling mob have all but achieved their goal re the dualing of Priory Crescent they may consider moving up the road .

Last edited:
Then what do you suggest as a reasonable development for the land? A park? At the end of the day its a prime lump of real estate that requires development. Like it or lump it something will be built there and its qite likely to be similar to whats been proposed as thats what is demanded by the government and PPG's.

How about less than 400 flats in an already over populated area ?

The area between Fairfax Drive and London Road has already been ruined by allowing every house to be converted to flats and adding another 400 flats in 6 and 7 storey buildings is not going to improve the area.

Im hoping common sense prevails and a scaled down development is put forward.

If there is more to life than football, Why do class yourself as a "REAL SUPPORTER"

Those comments about the meeting/decision are from supporters who have been longing for this moment for many years, it is relief and a feeling of pride that the club have finally after all these years won the fight to build the stadium.

Enjoy Your Trip. You won't be missed.

Back