• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Bournemouth up s**t creek/ imminent closure

I thought there was something about if a certain number of fixtures had been completed the results were not expunged , Although I recall Aldershot pulled out very lat on in the season and their results didn't stand.

It may well be that the remaining results go down as 0-0 walkovers

I thought there was something about if a certain number of fixtures had been completed the results were not expunged , Although I recall Aldershot pulled out very lat on in the season and their results didn't stand.

It may well be that the remaining results go down as 0-0 walkovers

Would they not just be 3-0 walkovers?

I have a soft spot for Bournemouth and would be very upset to see them go under. Back in the dark days for us, I always thought Bournemouth where the type of Club we could be in terms of standard of football. Always keep it on the deck.

Just makes me appreciate how important SUFC is to me and how I would feel if it folded.

And the premier league and its money keeps rolling on

This is something I pointed out when there was talk off the 39th game in the Premiership. Every team was rumoured to earn £4million out of it. How much would £4million help Bournemouth at the moment.

This is something I pointed out when there was talk off the 39th game in the Premiership. Every team was rumoured to earn £4million out of it. How much would £4million help Bournemouth at the moment.

Premier crap, played by bunches of money grabbing footballing mercinaries.

Lost the plot and pricing ordinary people out of our national game.

Personally I would get more enjoyment at going down to Wakering to Watch SZ cup final than watching any Premiership game.

Very sad news. Bournemouth I believe are the League club we have played the most in the Football League.
This has been a very bad year for a lot of clubs financally with 3 other clubs going into administration.
Makes you realize how lucky we are at the moment with how well Southend are doing both on and off the field.

Monday is the key day, so Bournemouth's game at Swansea on Saturday definitely does go ahead.

The administrator has to make a decision on Monday if no offers come in to buy the club. The reason for the news today is that one of the backers Bournemouth chairman Jeff Mostyn was relying on has pulled out, and Mostyn has said he is not putting any more money into the club on his own. So, potentially, someone or someones could still come in to buy the club.

The administrator did today put a little pressure on to local businessmen saying that noone in the area seems keen on coming forward. He then went on to say that closing the football club is one of the options he may well consider on Monday.

So, it's not a done deal yet, but I for one certainly do hope that Bournemouth can survive. I believe csboy is correct that they are the team we have played most often in the league. It would be a sad day indeed if AFC Bournemouth were to be wiped off the map while Premiership clubs just get richer and richer.

Harry, time to put your money where your mouth is..........

so does anyone think the franchise option would work?..'Bournemouth dont want us, lets move to a town with a more willing catchment area'..is this the route we need to take?

btw, I'm not in favour of it...but, I'm not trying to be clouded by romance or tradition... new traditions can be made.

Massively different!! 5th would be our best possible finish!!

We arent going to finish in the top 2 so it doesnt matter if we finish 3rd or 6th.

so does anyone think the franchise option would work?..'Bournemouth dont want us, lets move to a town with a more willing catchment area'..is this the route we need to take?

No.

If a town cant support a big club the club should remain small. End of....

Football is geographical and they shouldnt be allowed to move.

MK Dons are doing ok now, but no one would say that its the old Wimbledon club, its a new entity now that didnt have to work its way through the leagues.

Want a league football club? Buy a small one, like Colchester for example, move it to a bigger town 300 miles away and hey presto a brand new club without the hassle of starting from the bottom!

Which is absolute bollox, Villa came in for him, and Celtic were watching him, Neither he is best pleased at. Doncaster were never on the agenda.

J, if my comments are bollox then why didn't Vokes move to one of the clubs you mentioned in the last transfer window?

Which is absolute bollox, Villa came in for him, and Celtic were watching him, Neither he is best pleased at. Doncaster were never on the agenda.

J, if my comments are bollox then why didn't Vokes move to one of the clubs you mentioned in the last transfer window?

Article on BBC website about Swansea maybe getting promoted at Bournemouth tomorrow (if they win & Donny lose) and it says Martinez is one of the manager's who's kept a close eye on Vokes' progress!

Back