• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AFC Bournemouth up s**t creek/ imminent closure

Will more clubs be promoted from League Two if Bournemouth fold? Will one less club get relegated? This could have a knock on effect all down the pyramid.

Will more clubs be promoted from League Two if Bournemouth fold? Will one less club get relegated? This could have a knock on effect all down the pyramid.

I guess they will adapt the relegation to 3 down from L1 & 1 down from L2.
With 4 coming up out of L2 & 2 from BSP into Football League.

Don't want to see Bournemouth go to the wall though!

Lets hope it is all sorted as it says that by the end of the week the club could fold if no new funding is found and that could be 6 points down the pan

oh this is shaping up to be a really crap week, Bournemouth could get exponged and Leeds get their points back - basically our playoff bid could be ruined by events off the field!

Their takeover deal has fallen through. At this stage administrator is talking about selling players if no buyer found - so hopefully the nightmare scenario of them going bust and games against them being null and void this season won't come about - we would lose 6 pts and walsall only one point:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/7347334.stm

That would be seriously g@sh and could be the difference between the playoffs and staying in this division. Time for Redknapp to fulfill his promise, me thinks and keep them afloat. :unsure:

quoted from bbc: Both of the new bidders are to provide a deposit of £100,000 to keep the club running for the rest of the season, with the failed bidder receiving their money back.

Surely its worth Ron getting a "mate" to bid?

quoted from bbc: Both of the new bidders are to provide a deposit of £100,000 to keep the club running for the rest of the season, with the failed bidder receiving their money back.

Surely its worth Ron getting a "mate" to bid?

Not for the amount of money you have to spend on due diligence and other associated fees that you would surely be obliged to carry out if you put in a bid. Also, we could see ourselves on the end of a nice fine and points deduction.

I assume you were joking ;)

Silver linings and clouds time - Walsall have still to play one game against Bournemouth so if latter go bust that would narrow gap to 4 pts but mean we both have 3 games left to play.

oh this is shaping up to be a really crap week, Bournemouth could get exponged and Leeds get their points back - basically our playoff bid could be ruined by events off the field!

Even if Bournemuff do survive they will get the same sh!t as Leeds next season when they get the 15 point deducted by the League for not agreeing a CVA with the Tax people, who've already stated they won't agree to anything other than 100% payment by any club in administration.

Not for the amount of money you have to spend on due diligence and other associated fees that you would surely be obliged to carry out if you put in a bid. Also, we could see ourselves on the end of a nice fine and points deduction.

I assume you were joking ;)

due diligence is only needed for the buyers protection, don't see why ron('s mate) would go to any more expense than necessary?

The 100k will pay the players wages and service some level of debt till the end of the season, and southend get a play off position. Everyones a winner!

On another angle, surely we can get 5,000 people together as a consortium with £20 each?

In the worst case scenario in that Bournemouth are about to go under, with only 3 games to go you'd think the FL would help them out to finsin the season, plus they have some quality players they could sell to help them through to May 3.

If the worst were to happen and AFCB folded then i think you'd find their opponents would be awarded the points for the games that weren't played as they've completed over 75% of their fixtures, so in my mind our 6 points are safe in the bank

That said the only other time i can recall a club folding mid-season was when Aldershot went bust, and i'm pretty certain that all their results were expunged. I don't know how many fixtures they'd played though

Back