• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance at games to be considered

Weren't season tickets sold on the expectation fans would be allowed in on a limited basis at some point in the season? If they weren't then they are a serious ripoff given they work out at a lot more than the £10 a game fee iFollow charges to watch online. Ron might not be earning any extra money from opening the ground but he sold the season tickets to fans by telling them that the ground will reopen at some point in the season, if he refused to open when it's safe to do so I can see quite a few season ticket holders feeling aggrieved.
Yes, should have read only 400 additional paying customers.
Those ST holders have already coughed up, and will expect to see live games, and I don't blame them.
All the same, the costs factor isn't going to favour us in Tier 2.

Yes, should have read only 400 additional paying customers.
Those ST holders have already coughed up, and will expect to see live games, and I don't blame them.
All the same, the costs factor isn't going to favour us in Tier 2.

This is true but on the flip side there are plenty of STH like myself and the people I sit with who were in a fortunate position and wanted to help the club out regardless of how much value we got out of it. You may see a few more people than usual buying programmes/food (if available) and club merchandise especially as a lot of the new Hummel stuff isn't available online.

The club won't make much but it's no guarantee they'll lose money hand over fist either.

I'm hoping for tier 1, cases are rising slightly in Southend but the data is always a week or so old so the influence of the lockdown won't be fully seen. Numbers across Essex remain among the lowest in the country.

It will be interesting, if nothing else, to get tier 1 to see how many fans actually want to come and watch. My guess is no more than 3,000.

Can't see anything other than Tier 3 being impossed when we come out of the lockdown.

On most measures of how they will make up judge what tier you go into this area is not looking good.

A number of STH might want to give it a miss until things improve and might free up some seats for Payers ......However from speaking to Gavin new seats were allocated to ensure planned social distancing on groups /bubbles.If so that makes it almost impossible to change .The whole thing is one big mess which financially cannot benefit clubs our size,but probably gets government and the big clubs off the hook on the compensation ticket.

Fixed that.

Hopefully with fans attending it will lessen the strain on their servers and fans will get a better service.

I'd have thought that they'd keep it available. I think the government would be keen on them preventing away fans travelling if nothing else.

FWIW(and I'm touching wood here) can't really say(as an iFollow seasonpass holder) that I've hadany particular problems this season (apart from the recent game when the plug was clearly pulled before commentary was about to start at Roots Hall ) and we all had to sign in /sign out before we could get IFollow's pictures again.

Agree with your conclusion.There's also the fact that overseas fans have signed up for the service for the season.

Very true as I said further up the thread, Colchester removed 1800 seats just to create groups of 4 seats in a bubble for social distancing and increase room for people to move around without coming into close contact with others.

thats not the case, it's actually the other way around. The seats were taken out to allow groups to pass into the empty rows (those with seats missing) to get past other groups in a distanced manner. The rows with all the seats are the ones that will be occupied (with varying sized bubble groups and gaps to the next bubble)

Regarding Roots Hall, I cant see it being easy at all to keep any sort of distance. For example in the East stand, once through the turnstile you're effectively indoors, often in narrow corridors until you get out to the seats. I wouldn't want to be in charge of getting it through a grading etc.

thats not the case, it's actually the other way around. The seats were taken out to allow groups to pass into the empty rows (those with seats missing) to get past other groups in a distanced manner. The rows with all the seats are the ones that will be occupied (with varying sized bubble groups and gaps to the next bubble)

Regarding Roots Hall, I cant see it being easy at all to keep any sort of distance. For example in the East stand, once through the turnstile you're effectively indoors, often in narrow corridors until you get out to the seats. I wouldn't want to be in charge of getting it through a grading etc.

Thanks for the explanation Eddy, I obviously misunderstood exactly what they had done.

It's a step in the right direction but it won't be worth it financially for any club with a decent-sized stadium, especially if catering facilities aren't open. And let's face it, most of us will be in tier 2 or tier 3 (lockdown-lite, in other words). They should have set it as a percentage of the stadium capacity, say 30%.

I'm sure they'll come up with loads of stupid rules which take any fun out of attending anyway (no singing?), as they do with everything at the moment.

If we are tier 2 we will have 2000 fans i guess, assume the same for Colchester as we would be in the same area, unless Essex is 3 and Thurrock and SOuthend are the tier below as seemed to be before when it was 2 and 1.

CLub would have to pay out for Police, Stewards, Catering (assuming their is catering), guessing no boxes would be sold as well. So if we have 1,600 ST holders as someone mentioned would the 400 cover the other expenses? If not we would be losing more per home game than we are now.

I am a season ticket holder, I bought on the basis that it was unlikely I would get to the stadium before January (at the earliest if at all), but that it gave me my seat if we did. I do think it is a serious consideration for not just SUFC but all clubs that could lose more money than they are now.

I am happy either way, probably in the minority with that but just how I feel.

Little income from the Club for this, most of those allowed in likely to be STHs already I'd have thought. Can't see hot food being allowed and possibly bars not open.

Nightmare for the Ticket Office too with the excellent TO manager Gavin, having moved to a similar job at Ipswich last week!

Now that is a massive loss for us. How the hell did Ron let that happen ...??

4k dotted around the ground, bubbles, solo, whatever should be easy. Everyone maintains distance when leaving the ground 1000 supporters in each distanced and patient queue, leaving from each corner of the ground. Of course with guidance from the delightful stewards.

Simple where do I apply for a job.

Back