• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a bad effort last night though we were spread out a bit so it could have been even better.

The all too often 'sit down' syndrome afflicted us again last night, one of our number getting so irate he received a lengthy talking too at half time when at least eight coppers turned up. Slightly excessive.

Pointing out that far away at the top of one of the home stands there where two blokes standing, the lead-steward had to conceed that he had to apply the same mental policy to all so promptly despatched some green tunic'ed monkeys to tell them that they needed to sit for the saftey of us all. They did too. Then we stood up for rest of the game. All very silly.

One negative point from our support last night - the group with the flag started chanting in the second half some negative stuff, in effect telling Tilly he hadn't got a clue. Tilly would have heard - the home fans were so quiet what we said echoed around (when I asked my colleagues if they wanted a chip I'm sure Brushy looked up expectantly). It wouldn't have done him or the team any good whatsoever (nor the chip, though they were quite nice).

The negative stuff was not needed - going on a 600 mile round trip to slag off the manager after all he has done (and its not as though we are bottom) is plain naff - if you want to have a moan save your pocket money and stay at home. If this was from the 'Blue Voice' group (not sure) then I think they need a re-think, they are publicly encouraged by Uncle Ron et al to support the club and given the funds to buy stuff to do so. Through thick and thin. Negative chanting does not help, in a league where all are much of a muchness there are two key factors:

- luck (we ain't getting our fair share at the mo)
- confidence (which is not done any good by the moronic negative chants).

So come on, all for one and all that.

UTB:)

Not a bad effort last night though we were spread out a bit so it could have been even better.

The all too often 'sit down' syndrome afflicted us again last night, one of our number getting so irate he received a lengthy talking too at half time when at least eight coppers turned up. Slightly excessive.

Pointing out that far away at the top of one of the home stands there where two blokes standing, the lead-steward had to conceed that he had to apply the same mental policy to all so promptly despatched some green tunic'ed monkeys to tell them that they needed to sit for the saftey of us all. They did too. Then we stood up for rest of the game. All very silly.

One negative point from our support last night - the group with the flag started chanting in the second half some negative stuff, in effect telling Tilly he hadn't got a clue. Tilly would have heard - the home fans were so quiet what we said echoed around (when I asked my colleagues if they wanted a chip I'm sure Brushy looked up expectantly). It wouldn't have done him or the team any good whatsoever (nor the chip, though they were quite nice).

The negative stuff was not needed - going on a 600 mile round trip to slag off the manager after all he has done (and its not as though we are bottom) is plain naff - if you want to have a moan save your pocket money and stay at home. If this was from the 'Blue Voice' group (not sure) then I think they need a re-think, they are publicly encouraged by Uncle Ron et al to support the club and given the funds to buy stuff to do so. Through thick and thin. Negative chanting does not help, in a league where all are much of a muchness there are two key factors:

- luck (we ain't getting our fair share at the mo)
- confidence (which is not done any good by the moronic negative chants).

So come on, all for one and all that.

UTB:)

I can tell you now that it was not encouraged by the Blue Voice. we got behind the team 100%!! End of!

On the reverse side going 600 mile round trip and being served up some **** that was on the pitch! I would not question anybody right to moan!!!

One negative point from our support last night - the group with the flag started chanting in the second half some negative stuff, in effect telling Tilly he hadn't got a clue. Tilly would have heard

The negative stuff was not needed - going on a 600 mile round trip to slag off the manager after all he has done (and its not as though we are bottom) is plain naff - if you want to have a moan save your pocket money and stay at home. Through thick and thin. Negative chanting does not help

Just out of interest what was on the flag Andy? PM me if you don't think it should be for the public domain. I am wondering if this is the same bunch of "fans" who spent most of the game at Donny doing exactly the same! I have a feeling I know exactly what flag you're talking about.

On the reverse side going 600 mile round trip and being served up some **** that was on the pitch! I would not question anybody right to moan!!!

Sadistic post potentially but thats the beauty of away days?

You'll travel all the over the shop to watch us get **** on match after match but then that one bright spark comes up Birmingham last season - Bournemouth potentially this. It makes it all worth it!

Just out of interest what was on the flag Andy? PM me if you don't think it should be for the public domain. I am wondering if this is the same bunch of "fans" who spent most of the game at Donny doing exactly the same! I have a feeling I know exactly what flag you're talking about.

I'd be very interested too..

The Blue Voice had a couple of representatives at 'Pool last night and a couple of helpful assistants from SZ and SOL too and there is absolutely no way any of these were involved in "negative chanting" let's make that quite clear.

All The Blue Voice "waving" flags made the trip, but it seems the stewards were not keen on letting them in, so that was a real shame. Unfortunately we will encounter this problem too much for our liking around the country, but we will make sure we make contact with these clubs beforehand to "sweeten" them up if you like, and hopefully help in getting our flags in the grounds..

It seems until we get a proper Blue Voice Membership Scheme up and running and our own dedicated "Blue Voice Enclosure" at home games, we will get a lot of the "Was The Blue Voice involved in negative chanting" stuff, this is something we will seriously look into for the future to help rid any of these suggestions.

Until then, all we can do is try and get the Blue Voice prerogative over to the fans, which is to support the team, loudly, passionately and positively for 90 minutes.

We cannot control what people sing and chant, everyone has the right to freedom of speech, but what we can do is help drown the negative chants out and maybe help change the perspective that some of these fans have, for that to happen though we will need EVERYBODY'S help.

So please, if you do hear negative chanting, do not assume its down to The Blue Voice, we are totally against this sort of chanting, we have no membership scheme, so effectively nobody (other than the committee members) as yet can be classed as an official member of The Blue Voice. But we hope in the meantime, the majority of you will take The Blue Voice mentality to ALL future games and that the brilliant help and encouragement we have received from a lot of you so far will continue and indeed grow..

Last edited:
It is the intention of the committee members of The Blue Voice to harness positive atmosphere at matches, I wasn't there last night but if TrueBlue states any negative chanting was by others than the Blue Voice then I am sure it's true.
The problem with only 100-odd fans present , it doesn't take many fans together to make a noise and if some people make comments of a negative manner there aren't many Blue Voice singers there to drown them out.

This smacks of the "All football fans are hooligans" statement when just a few people stand out by their stupid attitudes and everyone gets the blame. The Blue Voice do not have the monopoly on singing at matches and it is sad that people suspect an organisation that has people working very hard behind the scenes in a totally voluntary basis for comments made by a few.

It is the intention of the committee members of The Blue Voice to harness positive atmosphere at matches, I wasn't there last night but if TrueBlue states any negative chanting was by others than the Blue Voice then I am sure it's true.
The problem with only 100-odd fans present , it doesn't take many fans together to make a noise and if some people make comments of a negative manner there aren't many Blue Voice singers there to drown them out.

This smacks of the "All football fans are hooligans" statement when just a few people stand out by their stupid attitudes and everyone gets the blame. The Blue Voice do not have the monopoly on singing at matches and it is sad that people suspect an organisation that has people working very hard behind the scenes in a totally voluntary basis for comments made by a few.

Was not saying all are hooli's, just that some audible negative chanting was coming from what I believed was the blue voice area which I identified as such cause of what I thought was the bv flag being waved earlier in that area, could've been wrong re it being bv though i thought not hence why i said it.

I am not a hooli and the 70 year old next to me didnt seem one

I find it quite astounding that we always seem to try and pick out the negative aspects of the SUFC Fans (whether home or away). Why cant we focus on the positive aspects of what has been achieved in such a very short space of time with TBV?

We should remember that people who do stuff for TBV do so by giving up their own free time to either arrange things, volunteer to hand out balloons/bam bams, go to meetings with the club, bang the drums, etc. This is for everyones benefit who supports SUFC and goes to any of the games, home or away.

TBV has a great impact on the atmosphere at Roots Hall and elsewhere and continues to move forward in a positive way. What people seem to forget is that its still early days but the impact has been fantastic so far and long may it continue. People are enjoying the things TBV are doing and the atmos it creates. Ok, so it may not go so well on the pitch every game but then thats football.

It must be quite demoralising I am sure for the likes of Smiffy, Cricko, TB, THYB, Scamps and so on who make every effort to help out and create the atmosphere that people enjoy and crave so much only to hear their efforts are ruined by negative chants or comments.

So if you want to complain or boo then thats up to you, but do not tarnish what TBV is by making an association with fans making negative noise and TBV. Its a free country and people are entitled to their opinions and also to sit in the ground where they so choose.

However, I have been to quite a number of games both before and since TBV and it is definitely better than it was before. My kids in particular really enjoy the atmos, the singing, the drums and so on. We even have a new fan amongst us (my daughters friend) and I think thats in large part to the atmos created by TBV. She had hardly been to a game before but really enjoyed herself, helped give out the bam bams and sang and made some noise.

YOU lot make The Blue Voice......its not just the people I mentioned above. If YOU want it to work then you have to all do your bit no matter how small.

It may not be perfect every game, all the things may not be there at every game.....do you volunteer to help? I cant play a drum but I can give out balloons, etc and thats what I do (aswell as joining in a bit of singing aswell obviously). But thats the point, if your only contribution is some positive noise then that is perfect.....nothing more is required. If you want to do more then feel free, I am sure Smiffy or Cricko would love to hear from you.

So lets just be positive about something which has a large percentage of the supporters behind it plus ofcourse the club itself....Its not too much to ask is it?

Its getting better, lets keep it going.....:D

Was not saying all are hooli's, just that some audible negative chanting was coming from what I believed was the blue voice area which I identified as such cause of what I thought was the bv flag being waved earlier in that area, could've been wrong re it being bv though i thought not hence why i said it.

I am not a hooli and the 70 year old next to me didnt seem one

I think you miss my point, I was trying to imply , because of the actions of a few yobs that some people refer to all football fans as hooligans. I was not saying all SUFC fans are hoolies, just the inference used by people moaning about football fans.

He was chucked out at half time and he drove all the way to Hartlepool on his own!!

Thats the problem with a small amount of away support it is very easy for the stewards to pick on individual people, who lets face it with 900 seats to choose from were not standing in anyones way.

Who was the bloke that was rambling on with all the anti-Tilson stuff? He had his little group of followers laughing away at his strange outburst.

One second they were all supporting the team and then the next (when we went 3-1 down) it was very negative support and a couple of them did have Blue Voice flags.

Who was the bloke that was rambling on with all the anti-Tilson stuff? He had his little group of followers laughing away at his strange outburst.

One second they were all supporting the team and then the next (when we went 3-1 down) it was very negative support and a couple of them did have Blue Voice flags.

Well if this is true this is shocking.

I was not there but arranged for another Blue Voice Commitee member to take the flags up and hand them out to people to wave.

If these people that were waving our flags were chanting negatively, then thats a real shame.

It's a sorry state of affairs if we have to consider who to give our flags too at future games to protect all that The Blue Voice is about.

We want to get the entire SUFC support involved, but if you want to be involved, dont undermine our initiative by spouting negative tripe.

So thank you sir, you confirm what I thought!

As for another reply here implying I am looking for a negative, that is absurd, it was the negativity of a few and their negative influence on the team I was highlighlighting. If they had been positive then this thread would not have been necessary.

Still, two wrongs don't make a right so if this is thought of as being negative then I'll stop, though harking back to my Appleton Comp mid 70's 'education' doesn't a negative times a negative = a positive?

UTB

Think you will find it was not just the one area that was questioning Tilly last night, with the lack of subs used and then the fact that the only actual sticker we had on the pitch was taken off and we were left with 4 wingers ??

Personally I do not agree with booing the players during the game but everybody is entitled to do as they please - nobody should be told what they can or cannot sing. If there is negative chanting from one area and other groups do not like it - out sing them, by doing so the noise levels will go up and after all that is what we ALL want isn't it.

Since there was little representation from TBV at Hartlepool why were the flags allowed to go there and then be seen in a area that had negative chanting coming from it if TBV is against such singing.

So thank you sir, you confirm what I thought!

As for another reply here implying I am looking for a negative, that is absurd, it was the negativity of a few and their negative influence on the team I was highlighlighting. If they had been positive then this thread would not have been necessary.

Still, two wrongs don't make a right so if this is thought of as being negative then I'll stop, though harking back to my Appleton Comp mid 70's 'education' doesn't a negative times a negative = a positive?

UTB

Mine was a general point in that there seems to be a larger reaction to the few who chose to make negative comments at games than all the positive stuff that might have gone on.

Its a shame, as with a lot of things, that the negative aspects of something are generally those that get the most talked of than alot of the positives that may have also gone on at the same match. Its happened before and I dont doubt it will happen again.

Whats been made abundantly clear is that negative chanting is not something for TBV but ofcourse there is only limited actions that can be taken, as I said, its a free country and people can express their opinions and obviously sit in the ground where they like.

We should perhaps start making more about the positives of what TBV has done and ignore the muppets who seem intent on ruining the atmosphere for everyone. While they maybe entitled to their opinions, they should not be associated with TBV.

There is no issue saying what goes on because obviously nothing will change if its all kept quiet. Its just there is a hell of a lot of work which goes on behind the scenes as it were by the TBV people which never gets a mention and sometimes it can seem that the only press is largely negative. And that cant be right.

Its not necessarily this thread, but a comment in general. I am just using this thread as a place to post my opinion...isnt that the idea?

Think you will find it was not just the one area that was questioning Tilly last night, with the lack of subs used and then the fact that the only actual sticker we had on the pitch was taken off and we were left with 4 wingers ??

Personally I do not agree with booing the players during the game but everybody is entitled to do as they please - nobody should be told what they can or cannot sing. If there is negative chanting from one area and other groups do not like it - out sing them, by doing so the noise levels will go up and after all that is what we ALL want isn't it.

Since there was little representation from TBV at Hartlepool why were the flags allowed to go there and then be seen in a area that had negative chanting coming from it if TBV is against such singing.

The flags were handed out to supporters to help them feel involved in what we are trying to achieve, if these people then proceed to spout ****e then that is a real smack in the face for us and I and the other Blue Voice commitee members are seriously ****ed off that fellow southend fans would partake in such actions and undermine all that we are trying to achieve.

Maybe we need to be more selective on who we hand flags to in the future, it's a real shame if it has to come to this though as we want everybody involved not just a select few.

Those that had the flags last night are 100% behind the team I know that as they are friends of mine! those that are being negative well that's them not us!
we sung really well last night for a side that is not looking the complete package at the moment!

If there is negative chanting from one area and other groups do not like it - out sing them, by doing so the noise levels will go up and after all that is what we ALL want isn't it.

That's what happened last night as they sparked up our little area to seek to drown thwm out, which I think we did in the end, helped by Scannel coming on too.

It wouldn't have done him or the team any good whatsoever

well as funny as this may sound but the team started to play some good football and started playing as a team when all the so called bad singing started

just wish some on here would relise that not everyone has the same opinion in life, if we did it would be a boring place to live

and if your happy to travel 600 miles and watch that **** and sit there clapping then thats fine by me i dont have a problem with it, so why SHOULD you have a problem with anyone that gets on there backs or doesnt agree with you

Back