• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He always takes penalties high and hard and this one was no different, he was due one miss.

Hopefully he's saving all his goals for Wembley!:loyalsupporter:

??? The only ones I can remember were Stevenage away in the league (bottom left) and Cheltenham away last year (keeper saved low down IIRC)

Corr's performance was fantastic all round bar the finishing, a really strong performance against a team trying to bully him from the off...however, and it was really weird, I wasn't even that upset when he missed...I just knew he was going to miss.

With hindsight I'm glad he missed the pen anyway. This way we won with a couple of decent goals rather than with a penalty that was as wet as a bag of lettuces.

Sorry guys I think corr is crap never thought he was blues frontman ..wont score more than 8 goals in league one .but he will get sent off:smile:

Sorry guys I think corr is crap never thought he was blues frontman ..wont score more than 8 goals in league one .but he will get sent off:smile:

He doesn't have to score goals to be effective.....he didn't score last night, but he still played his part in a great performance.

Timlin wouldn't score more than 8 in league one either...is he crap too?

Are you basing that on one game or the dozen before last night in which he scored 7?

Surely people will have learnt never to judge Corr on one game ...

I may have under estimated Barry Corr's game last night, but I think I got away with it........:smile:

Barry Corr really does divide opinion, he plays the target man role fairly well, his passing could be a lot better & his anticipation of situations is fairly low, he is a League 2 target man, League 1, if we get there, is imo a step to far for our Barry........

His misses last night were nothing short of criminal, the scuffed shot, the Messi-esq lob which was just plain Messy & the less said the better about his Penalties.

He is a target man end of, he needs another striker buzzing around him picking up the pieces & flick on's for us to be more fruitful in front of goal, or at least play with 2 wingers & put the ball in the air for him to attack, we do not score enough goals & im hoping we can defend well at Wembley cos if Wycombe get 2 I cant see us getting 3....................

Guess the player

16 goals in 43 appearances this season.
16 goals in 2,940 minutes this season - a goal every 183.75 minutes or just over a goal every 2 games.
63 goals in 184 appearances in his SUFC career.
5th top assister this season, 3rd highest last season & 5th highest in 2010/11 season.
Top goalscorer in 3 out of the 4 seasons he has played.
Had a better goals to minutes ratio than Assombalonga & Tomlin in 2011/12 season.
Constantly written off because of injuries, consistently performs.

Ha! That is one of the worst statements I've ever seen on Shrimperzone (and this IS Shrimperzone we are talking about...)

Corr was immense - and I'm not a fan who thinks he is 'god' and buy into all the BBBC nonsense, but he was outstanding last night. Sure he fluffed a decent chance - and pens can be missed, its 50/50 - but apart from that, it was an absolute clinic in how to play the target man role.

It shouldn't be! A good penalty taker should be scoring 8/9 out of every 10, not 5!

Guess the player

16 goals in 2,940 minutes this season - a goal every 183.75 minutes or just over a goal every 2 games.
5th top assister this season, 3rd highest last season & 5th highest in 2010/11 season.
Had a better goals to minutes ratio than Assombalonga & Tomlin in 2011/12 season.

Err, dunno. Come on, give us a clue.

Guess the player

Wait, hang on...I know this.....it's Francisco Cagigao isn't it?

Guess the player

Blair Sturrock?

Guess the player

Blair Sturrock?

WINNER! :smile:

Blimey. I would never have guessed that.

Played well but two totally unnecessary show boats meant the game should have been won well before extra time. Worked hard and was superb largely but think he needs a look at himself as his cockiness could have cost us promotion.

Played o.k at best and had 3 chances at least to win it within the 90 minutes! Missed too many pens to still be taking them! A proper league 2 striker would have won it for long before extra time!

He doesn't have to score goals to be effective.....he didn't score last night, but he still played his part in a great performance.

Timlin wouldn't score more than 8 in league one either...is he crap too?

Timlin is a good player barry is not ,don't like him ever since I saw last year with lee barney up front away to Northampton . barry is a thug , and very dirty player.
which is not the southend way

Back