• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Comedy series of the 00s

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went for The Office but no question that Phoenix Nights and The Inbetweens were fantastic and stand up to repeated viewing.

Can't believe there is no Family Guy in this list. It is the epitome of controversial humour!

Has been cancelled from American TV so many times but always comes back because of the demand for it! One of the best series out there, and just keeps getting funnier and more controversial the longer it lasts! Better viewing figures than the simpsons in most countries now.

Out of that list though, i would have to go for Flight of the Conchords. It's just so different to anything else that came out in the 00's, and just reminds me of my good old student days!

Can't believe there is no Family Guy in this list. It is the epitome of controversial humour!

Has been cancelled from American TV so many times but always comes back because of the demand for it! One of the best series out there, and just keeps getting funnier and more controversial the longer it lasts! Better viewing figures than the simpsons in most countries now.

Out of that list though, i would have to go for Flight of the Conchords. It's just so different to anything else that came out in the 00's, and just reminds me of my good old student days!

Now I dislike Family Guy personally, but I should have included it had I remembered it. Apologies. Interestingly I took part in this same discussion on another forum and it didn't come up once in 152 posts!

In my rush to vote for Curb I failed to realise that I was allowed to vote for more than one. So kindly add a vote to both South Park and Peep Show.

I would have voted for Partridge had it made the cut. I'm surprised at you there, Sean!

The fact that The Office has five times the votes of The American Office says to me that a lot of people still have to give the American show a chance. It's really, really good.

Last edited:
The fact that The Office has four times the votes of The American Office says to me that a lot of people still have to give the American show a chance. It's really, really good.

Definitely, but it wouldn't exist if not for Swindon's finest.

In my rush to vote for Curb I failed to realise that I was allowed to vote for more than one. So kindly add a vote to both South Park and Peep Show.

I would have voted for Partridge had it made the cut. I'm surprised at you there, Sean!

The fact that The Office has five times the votes of The American Office says to me that a lot of people still have to give the American show a chance. It's really, really good.

I did the same thing, except I voted for The Inbetweeners, and forgot to vote for South Park and Peep Show as well. Can you please add a vote for each for me.

I thought South Park was created in 1990's ? 1997 in fact ???

Well it was but with the exception of Chicken Lover and the Movie all of it's highest points were in the decade just gone.

I'm watching the second season of Arrested Development as I type this. With repeat viewings I reckon this will be up there with my favourites. Such a great show.

Yeah you can all vote for multiple things but alas I don't know how to amend it myself.

I thought about including Partridge but only Series 2 was this decade. I personally loved it but I know I'm in a minority so didn't want to include it, like Spaced, as I knew everyone would vote for it on past accolades.

I wondered about The Simpsons too but a few folks on another forum tell me it's been a bit dire this last decade (as a whole).

I think when I'm done with Saxondale I'll make The US Office my next undertaking. Should I just skip straight to series 2 if I have the English one?

Nah, Series One is ok. It's only six episodes long and it's a decent introduction to the characters. They only 'copied' the UK show in the first episode.

It's a really strong show. They don't take the 'mocumentary' style as seriously as the British show. It's much more of a traditional sit-com with less of an emphasis on the cringe-worthy moments and more on traditional comedy (and that isn't a dig). It's much more of an ensemble-piece with some very strong characters in the background as opposed to just being the story of Brent, Gareth, Tim & Dawn.

Plus Michael Scott is much more pleasant and sympathetic character than David Brent was.

Again, I can lend you the DVDs.

Back