• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Now on 48 goals for Southend, from 93 starts. That puts him in our top 20 strikers in terms of goals. A fantastic achievement given his injuries and periods out. Also fantastic given he's a huge part of our build up play and defensive duties too.

http://sufcdb.co.uk/playersappear.php?p=1&s=tg&hl=

#bigbadbarrycorr

#corrgasm

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

#bringbackbarrycorrontwitter

:Worthy::Worthy:

AypfNMqCcAAI8oF.jpg

Is a doubt for tomorrow though. Took a big hit in the base of his back early on in the game, yet he was still chasing back until the later stages.

138 apps for 48 goals.

Very decent return and he's still underestimated in many quarters. Fully committed player and I agree with what has been said above, 15 goals this season and a promotion with us under his belt and he could be well on his way to the SUFC hall of fame.

138 apps for 48 goals.

Very decent return and he's still underestimated in many quarters. Fully committed player and I agree with what has been said above, 15 goals this season and a promotion with us under his belt and he could be well on his way to the SUFC hall of fame.

He needs 21 goals to get into our Top 10. Well within his grasp if he sticks with us. If he does that and we get promoted then he'll definitely be a SUFC hall of famer.

He sat out training today. That back problem has been going on for ages and he often winces in pain for a couple of minutes if he gets a knock in the back, or if he lands heavy. May explain why he doesn't win as many headers in the air these days, and is a lot slower.

He sat out training today. That back problem has been going on for ages and he often winces in pain for a couple of minutes if he gets a knock in the back, or if he lands heavy. May explain why he doesn't win as many headers in the air these days, and is a lot slower.

Inevitable he'll have a sore back after carrying the team for the last 4 seasons...

Barry won me over last season, wasn’t a big fan and couldn’t understand the adulation for a very average striker. I think I also associated him with “sturrock football” so maybe had a bias against him. I still don’t think he’s an amazing striker but he offers a hell of a lot to the team and deserves his cult hero status. Would certainly class myself as a big fan now.

As I mentioned training, all the players that won't be starting tomorrow had a very long session of shooting practise against the back up goalies. Very surprisingly, the player that overall scored the most percentage of shots was................Mads Ibenfeldt. He's got a very powerful shot on him. Might be worth throwing up front with minutes to go when losing a game. Could be the new Mohsni, but without the craziness or tantrums.

If he didn't miss the 2nd season through injury and played instead of Dickinson, I reckon we would have easily been promoted automatically.

As I mentioned training, all the players that won't be starting tomorrow had a very long session of shooting practise against the back up goalies. Very surprisingly, the player that overall scored the most percentage of shots was................Mads Ibenfeldt. He's got a very powerful shot on him. Might be worth throwing up front with minutes to go when losing a game. Could be the new Mohsni, but without the craziness or tantrums.

Never been a fan of that tactic personally, mainly because it will probably destroy the confidence of a striker sat on the bench. However if we're so desperate that we need to result to long ball in a game where we have to score then who knows, it's useful to know that we can get goals from our defenders and midfielders.

Never been a fan of that tactic personally, mainly because it will probably destroy the confidence of a striker sat on the bench. However if we're so desperate that we need to result to long ball in a game where we have to score then who knows, it's useful to know that we can get goals from our defenders and midfielders.

That's a very fair comment, but I can not only see him being a threat in the air as he is our tallest player, but from what I saw today, he has a straight rocket shot on him, and I can see him blasting in any knock downs or balls that fall to his feet.

That's a very fair comment, but I can not only see him being a threat in the air as he is our tallest player, but from what I saw today, he has a straight rocket shot on him, and I can see him blasting in any knock downs or balls that fall to his feet.

sounds good. maybe we will see it if Corr is injured for a while and we lack a big striker on the bench.

Barry is a proper nice bloke, he works hard for the team and he knows his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone. I know lots of fans don't feel the love for him BUT if they looked for positives rather than mistakes ( some fans seem just to do that) they might understand his work more.

Back