• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The local Grimsby rag thinks it's genuine. Holloway's job is on the line. They just lost 5-0 to Tranmere, and have only won 3 games in 16 in all competitions. The fans are calling for his head. He's said he will go if they want him to. It sounds to me that Holloway has started a clear out and has told Bilel he is no longer needed, but Bilel is hanging around and waiting (hoping) for the Manager to be sacked.

I've just spoken to a colleague that dupports Grimsby about this and he doubts Holloway will leave as he invested £100k into the club and had his hands tied when it comes to signing players as the chairman insisted that any new contracts had clauses where they could be cancelled if the season was disruopted by covid. He thinks his club might just be about as big a basket case as we are at the moment

The latest is Holloway confirmed he told Mohsni and another player to inform their agents and look for a new club as they're not wanted, and then they can bring in better in January. The Chairman agreed. Mohsni is under contract and doesn't want to go. So they had the embarrassing situation of Mohsni turning up and joining in training today. Holloway wants the club to sort out Mohsni's contract, and do a deal to get rid. Holloway said he doesn't do that side of it as it's not his gambit.

Asked what the situation is with Mohsni, Holloway told Grimsby Live: “The situation is, he’s got a contract, and as far as I know, it hasn’t been sorted out between the club and him.

Bilel Mohsni has played just one game since joining Grimsby Town in the summer

Bilel Mohsni has played just one game since joining Grimsby Town in the summer (Image: Jon Corken/Grimsby Live)
“We did agree, I’ve told the board that I’m trying to make way for January and I’ve got some senior players that I won’t be keeping next summer, and I feel I need to tell them that now so that in this Covid situation they can get ready and get their agents on the fact that, because there’s lots of people out of work, they might be able to get set up.

“If the club can then do a deal to get them out of that contract, they might find other employment, and we might get out of that contract so I can bring some other people in.

“I don’t deal with that, that’s not my gambit. What I’ve said is I can do without those because I need to do this.

“I was told one minute by John Fenty that was agreed, and the next minute it wasn’t agreed. As far as I’m concerned, I think Ludvig is agreed and his is sorted, and I’m not sure about Mohsni’s, he was in training this morning.”

Asked whether Mohsni would carry on training with Town until January, Holloway replied: “It’s not my concern.

“I’ve spoken to him about why I’m doing it and why I believe it’s right for him and right for us. It’s down to his agent and the club to sort out the contractual side.”

There have been suggestions that the club are looking to place some players on furlough, with Mohsni and Öhman rumoured to have been involved.

Worst idea ever, I though Ron pledged to 'learn lessons from past mistakes' ?
Yeah.....obviously his own clueless input, bit like Macca. How would M.M know anything about B.M?
Keep ya nose out of the managers business and get the embargo sorted out!
Your job is to run a football club badly, let M.M use a current list of contacts rather than your troubled old relics......!

Terrible idea. He's 33. He's nowhere near the player he was. Watching some of his games in Scotland on Alba, I said at the time how bad and slow he was. Grimsby have had him all that time and he's played 1 game, that's a big clue there. The other clue is that Holloway said he made a big mistake signing him. Are we about to make the same mistake? All the warnings are there. We also know he's not the full ticket.

Surely this is clickbait and not even worth of a thread. Can't believe that Ron would actively put this out knowing that we can't play him due to the embargo.

I'd sooner have Ranger back than Bilel. Ranger's still young enough with some talent in him (plus a lot else I know), Bilel's days are numbered I think.

Surely this is clickbait and not even worth of a thread. Can't believe that Ron would actively put this out knowing that we can't play him due to the embargo.

Classic deflection - get people talking about this fairy-tale rather than focusing on the real issues! (rather like a certain poster on here used to do regularly when the natives became restless)

Back