• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp in a Kilt

Quick points:

Blackpool fans were great, had a good chat with some of them before and after the game. They are being screwed by Oyston who won't sell up to a consortium with cash to spend.

Blackpool is a dirty, rusty, peeling, faded craphole of a town it makes Southend look prosperous and salubrious. Unbelievable, and I have never seen so much dog-sh!t on the pavements in my life!

We bossed the first half by keeping the ball down, and playing to our strengths. We were under the cosh for the second half because they closed us down quickly and we reverted to too much hoofball. We should have never won it, but that is the spirit of this squad!

Lawson did his best, but why leave him up front on his own, with his height, and pull Wayne (who worked his socks off yesterday) back to defend corners etc, when even my 12 yo daughter commented "He jumps really high, dad, why doesn't he get the ball?". Lawson should have come off earlier anyway.

Had the Gower boo boys near me. I thought he did OK but kept slipping near the touch line. Needs his boot checking out, surely.

Why didn't Tilly use his last sub? After Fred(d)y scored, surely it was the perfect moment to pause the game and give Blackpool time to think about what had just happened?

Fred(d)y's goal was pure class, he put it exactly where he wanted to. The image of the Blackpool back line standing there with their hands on their heads.... After the battling half they had put in, I honestly felt sorry for them.

What a noise the 'Pool fans made. If that stadium is ever finished it is going to be very, very good.

Kid a quid. Superb. Thank you Blackpool!

Funniest moment - After AB had nearly been emasculated by his own player, he was carefully counting his assets near the penalty spot. Keefmoon shouted out "Cold, isn't it Adam?" AB clearly heard him and couldn't help looking up and laughing. So much, also, for the theory that players don't hear what is shouted to them.

Great to meet up again with OS and his missus, and Grim up North and his missus and Grim Jnr. How do OS and Grim do it? They both have lovely ladies for their better halves. Nice also to meet Glasgow SUFC, and put a face to Sotw, Keefmoon, Fish and Whatever.

Got back at 02:30 this morning. Worth every minute.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 03 2006,13:29)]Great to meet up again with OS and his missus, and Grim up North and his missus and Grim Jnr. How do OS and Grim do it? They both have lovely ladies for their better halves.
That's funny, as I said exactly the same thing to Grimm last Thursday in the Blue Boar...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Back