• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on we've only lost two games, and they were against the same team! Maybe we should wait a couple more games before having a meltdown, we knew we were going to be midtable this year and with JET in their team I think Gillingham are genuine promotion candidates (if their keeper stops making errors). I'm not happy with how it's gone and I am worried but let's wait until we play some weaker opposition before panicking.

Who could we get in right now that would be better then genius ?
Anyone you moron. Have you not noticed we have been absolutely ***** since new year with no plan b. He's been found out and does not know how to change it. Totally inept. Anyone with new ideas would do better than him

Get that ****ing clown out of the club. Has no idea how to get the players to play for him. A manager who used to be a defender however cant train a team to defend for ****. Boycott needed

We missed a trick with not snapping up the Cowley brothers. They've breathed new life into a Lincoln side on peanuts. Their attention to detail and scouting of players is first class.

What a fantastically pointless contribution

Well to be truthful no one could do any worse. He has no passion for the club. You obviously think otherwise!
We appear unfit have no quality whatsoever and it certainly appears the players aren't playing for him. So bright spark any manager Cottrell or the like who want to manage and not put themselves forward for every other job would do.
I would actually like a manager who shows some passion for the club

All these names being mentioned, ask fans at their last clubs and they'll say exactly the same as you're saying about Brown! I agree with someone like Danny Cowley, started very well at Lincoln, but I think Brown should get a few more games before considering sacking him.

All these names being mentioned, ask fans at their last clubs and they'll say exactly the same as you're saying about Brown! I agree with someone like Danny Cowley, started very well at Lincoln, but I think Brown should get a few more games before considering sacking him.
More time given to Brown the less time a new manager has to tinker especially in the market

I think the keys games is at home to Bristol Rovers & Fleetwood, lose to both of them, I think Ron Martin fingers will get even more itchy & ready to fire the trigger.

I agree with CV Shrimper. PB needs to be give a chance to turn things around - remember late recruitment of players is not just down to him - but if things do not improve by late September, I think the Chairman should go for Danny Cowley and pay Lincoln any compensation owed. It such a pity that we missed out on Justin Edinburgh before we appointed PB.

All Phil's bigging himself up for the Bolton, Sunderland, England (ball boy) etc etc jobs can't have done too much to inspire his players or instil a belief that he's here for the long term.

Actually, I think we should go for Brian Bello. Local boy done good.

I'm not sayin I love Phil Brown. In fact as a person in not really a massive fan. But I 100% believe we will not get anyone in who has a better chance of getting us promoted at this point in time. Please stop this nonsense!
There must be someone with more than a 0% chance of getting us promoted.

I don't hate Brown and I will always be grateful for that Wembley promotion.... (Although we should have gone up automatically!). I just think his time with us could have run its course...for him and the club. I'd give it two or three more games to see if this is just an early season blip against a top draw side. If no improvement then we look elsewhere. Wasn't the Cheltenham boss mentioned a while back - Gary johnson?? Steve Cotteril also a good shout. Just someone with new ideas and a bit of passion to freshen the place up could still turn the season into a successful one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back