• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's no way Mackay would drop to this level. I'd have Di Canio here though, he'd sort a lot of things out, wouldn't take any crap from anyone. His Swindon side were phenomenal.

His Swindon side were a time bomb and almost to a man the entire staff despised him.

There's no way Mackay would drop to this level. I'd have Di Canio here though, he'd sort a lot of things out, wouldn't take any crap from anyone. His Swindon side were phenomenal.

They were but he also had a lot of financial backing at Swindon to build his squad, he wouldn't get that here. And it would only be a matter of time before his methods alienate players and staff. Would be a nightmare appointment in my opinion.

We should give Brown the chance to get us out of this league this season, if he doesn't manage it then yes maybe we should go another way. One thing's for sure I wouldn't be offering a new FOUR year deal, it would be a huge risk for any club at our level to do that unless there are certain clauses to protect the club somewhat in the event of dismissal.

Yer, probably sack all the non-white players and introduce a natty black (shirt) kit next season.

Apparently Moyes was interested until he checked googlemaps and saw we have an airport in the vicinity

After reading this thread, maybe we should stick with Brown for a bit, lets face it, we werent gojng to win the FA cup amyway,

still like the thought of the interesting partnership of Malky Mackay and Hope Powell though.... Think about that one:winking:

Oh, and i just found out that DiMatteo is managing Schalke (4 times in this thread only) cheers gents :smile:

The last time we sacked a manager without a replacement lined up it turned out ok.

I'd be all in favour of letting a caretaker hold the reigns whilst we advertise the position again. Dave Penney, Graham Coughlan or even Ricky Duncan could take over on a temporary charge and if they manage to demonstrate that they weren't the problem I wouldn't be averse to them taking over permanently.

I would however be looking to try and find the next John Still or B***y F*y in non-league. Someone whose knowledge of the non-league scene is unrivalled and can discover those hidden gems and is willing to give them the chance in the first team, someone who is use to winning on a shoestring budget and whose contacts are in the non-league scene and in the premier$hite academies, rather than on 5 Live, Sky Sports and TalkSport.

The problem as I see it is that Brown is a mirror image of Ron....Ron likes him because he sees himself in the man. Both want the high-life and the adulation...both failures at what they do, but there is some comfort for somebody there...

The problem as I see it is that Brown is a mirror image of Ron....Ron likes him because he sees himself in the man. Both want the high-life and the adulation...both failures at what they do, but there is some comfort for somebody there...

Except Brown is all orange tan, whereas Ron is deathly pale.

I bet Ron laps up all PB's stories about hob-nobbing with the stars. The "Ivan Campo played for me" spiel probably plays as well with Ron, who can bask in association with his famous manager, as anyone. Ron will be loving all the "Well as my best mate Sam Allardyce always says to me, it only takes one win to turn things around. Here have a crock on loan." crap.

Wouldn't he? 24 teams in this division. Who has a bigger budget than us? I don't think there are many. Northampton are one.

Brown has maybe been able to bring in a few loanees and one solitary signing for a small fee (Bolger) but that doesn't in any way compare to what Di Canio had at Swindon. He signed many players on fat contracts for transfer fees (Paul Benson alone was allegedly on £3,500 p/w). I believe one of his signings cost as much as £400k. Their overspending was the very reason they nearly went bust the following season. You can't compare us to Swindon, chalk and cheese.

I think it is very premature to be thinking about a replacement for Brown, I don't see things being as bad at the moment as many people are making it to be. Whilst I am as frustrated as most people are at the moment with Brown's team selections, tactics and substitutions, I don't think we are at the stage yet where we should be considering a change of manager.

Some people are producing stats to bash Brown with but here are some valid ones that support him - in our last 24 league games we have won 13, drawn 5 and lost 6. This gives an average of 1.833 per game which over 46 games would yield a total of 84.3 points, which is automatic promotion form, hardly deserving of the sack! Don't forget this followed a long winless run, which shows Brown can turn things round.

Although it is disappointing to have exited all 3 cup competitions at the first hurdle this season, unfortunately the reality is these competitions are all pretty meaningless thesedays. The crowds are very low at these games despite ticket prices being half price or even lower, this indicates the general lack of interest and appetite for these matches for all football league clubs including ours. Although I think this is sad for the game, it is the reality of modern football and things move on, the priority is the league and we wouldn't swap 3 points in the league for victories in any of these games.

Brown is a defensive manager and his style of football is frustrating at times, but how many heavy defeats can be attributed to his reign? There can't be many that we have suffered since he has been here, even in successful era's we had 3 or 4 goals going in against us on many occasions, to be fair to Brown again this is something that doesn't happen to us. A lot of our defeats are by an odd goal and games we shouldn't have lost - fine tuning in team selections is what is needed I think to give us more of an attacking threat, rather than taking the severe action of removing him as manager.

I think it is very premature to be thinking about a replacement for Brown, I don't see things being as bad at the moment as many people are making it to be. Whilst I am as frustrated as most people are at the moment with Brown's team selections, tactics and substitutions, I don't think we are at the stage yet where we should be considering a change of manager.

Some people are producing stats to bash Brown with but here are some valid ones that support him - in our last 24 league games we have won 13, drawn 5 and lost 6. This gives an average of 1.833 per game which over 46 games would yield a total of 84.3 points, which is automatic promotion form, hardly deserving of the sack! Don't forget this followed a long winless run, which shows Brown can turn things round.

Although it is disappointing to have exited all 3 cup competitions at the first hurdle this season, unfortunately the reality is these competitions are all pretty meaningless thesedays. The crowds are very low at these games despite ticket prices being half price or even lower, this indicates the general lack of interest and appetite for these matches for all football league clubs including ours. Although I think this is sad for the game, it is the reality of modern football and things move on, the priority is the league and we wouldn't swap 3 points in the league for victories in any of these games.

Brown is a defensive manager and his style of football is frustrating at times, but how many heavy defeats can be attributed to his reign? There can't be many that we have suffered since he has been here, even in successful era's we had 3 or 4 goals going in against us on many occasions, to be fair to Brown again this is something that doesn't happen to us. A lot of our defeats are by an odd goal and games we shouldn't have lost - fine tuning in team selections is what is needed I think to give us more of an attacking threat, rather than taking the severe action of removing him as manager.

Has it really come to this, that we're relieved we're only losing 1-0 and 2-1 and not 5-0?

If that's the defence of him, then his time is truly up.

Has it really come to this, that we're relieved we're only losing 1-0 and 2-1 and not 5-0?

If that's the defence of him, then his time is truly up.

The point I'm making is that the games we have lost are close and sometimes the defeats could even be down to a bad refereeing decision or moment of misfortune. This doesn't warrant the manager being hung out to dry, especially when the results surrounding these defeats are overall pretty decent. You and I have both seen era's in the past when the team are getting heavily beaten too frequently and players aren't trying, that's when I think action should be taken to sack the manager. I really don't think we are at that stage yet.

The point I'm making is that the games we have lost are close and sometimes the defeats could even be down to a bad refereeing decision or moment of misfortune. This doesn't warrant the manager being hung out to dry, especially when the results surrounding these defeats are overall pretty decent. You and I have both seen era's in the past when the team are getting heavily beaten too frequently and players aren't trying, that's when I think action should be taken to sack the manager. I really don't think we are at that stage yet.

The defeats haven't been down to bad refereeing decisions, with the possible exception of the penalty the other week when Worrall was pulled back (and I'm far from convinced we'd have scored that - Corr scored Saturday but Weston missed our previous one).

I get what you're saying that the wheels haven't fallen off completely (although we just deservedly lost at home to a bottom half conference team), but I need something positive to cling onto. What is there? At the moment my one light at the end of the tunnel is the manager changing. I see no other grounds for optimism and what's more concerning is I don't see anyone challenging that other than playing the blind faith card very strongly.

Why should I trust in Brown? What is he going to do to improve things?

He's tried the formation changes, he's tried the personnel changes, he's tried signing players and they've all failed. His box of tricks seems empty.

The best case scenario I can think of is that he signs a loanee and we're ok for a month or two until that player goes back to his parent club.

Old head Peter Taylor alongside young'uns Adam Barrett and Kevin Maher. Wouldn't judge peter from before. he was young and Jobson and Adams interfered in his work. all three are local guys, all three have massive affiliations with Blues and all three would be easy relatable for the fans and too the fans.

Back