• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old head Peter Taylor alongside young'uns Adam Barrett and Kevin Maher. Wouldn't judge peter from before. he was young and Jobson and Adams interfered in his work. all three are local guys, all three have massive affiliations with Blues and all three would be easy relatable for the fans and too the fans.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Spud manager of Gillingham and Adam Barrett under contract at Wimbledon (on loan from the Gills)?

The point I'm making is that the games we have lost are close and sometimes the defeats could even be down to a bad refereeing decision or moment of misfortune. This doesn't warrant the manager being hung out to dry, especially when the results surrounding these defeats are overall pretty decent. You and I have both seen era's in the past when the team are getting heavily beaten too frequently and players aren't trying, that's when I think action should be taken to sack the manager. I really don't think we are at that stage yet.
It's more than just results, it's the fact that people can't see us picking up enough wins due to tactics, style, lack of confidence, it's the bigger picture. The only reason we haven't been spanked is due to the poor standard of the other sides in this league.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Spud manager of Gillingham and Adam Barrett under contract at Wimbledon (on loan from the Gills)?

yes but people are mentioning Edinburgh. he's under contract to Newport.no harm in trying out if they can be enticed. don't try you defintley don't get.

Has Kevin Maher done his coaching badges yet? Is he still doing part time work with Ricky Duncan?

It was just an idea of how i'd want my management team to be. I was under the impression maher was in the throes of doing his badges. if people know otherwise then fair enough.

Devonshire is currently on a run similar to ours if not worse
Edinburgh is currently at the only club he has had a reasonable amout of success with.
Martin Ling suffers from depression, I would not hold that against him, but given the abuse heaped on managers at this club, I would not like to see my clubs fans undo his rehabilitation.

Me , id pick Hope Powell, the publicity and potential sponsorship etc could come in handy

Ling's experience would great as Assistant Manager which would reduce the pressure on him & his recovery. He could be the Paul Brush to Kevin Maher's Tilson. :thumbsup: Also add in Gower as a coach and that would be my dream team.

Please say I am not only one who thinks this thread is totally out of order. Whatever you may think of Brown I am sure he is doing his level best to 'make a leaky boat watertight'. For goodness sake I expect he is down enough with recent performances without people planning his 'successor' while he is still at the helm trying to keep our promotion aim afloat.

Please say I am not only one who thinks this thread is totally out of order. Whatever you may think of Brown I am sure he is doing his level best to 'make a leaky boat watertight'. For goodness sake I expect he is down enough with recent performances without people planning his 'successor' while he is still at the helm trying to keep our promotion aim afloat.
No more out of order than Sturrock was when he took Tilly's job from under his nose and then Brown did the same to Sturrock, it's a results driven and dog eat dog business, not nice at times but sadly that's the way it is.

I think it is very premature to be thinking about a replacement for Brown, I don't see things being as bad at the moment as many people are making it to be. Whilst I am as frustrated as most people are at the moment with Brown's team selections, tactics and substitutions, I don't think we are at the stage yet where we should be considering a change of manager.

Some people are producing stats to bash Brown with but here are some valid ones that support him - in our last 24 league games we have won 13, drawn 5 and lost 6. This gives an average of 1.833 per game which over 46 games would yield a total of 84.3 points, which is automatic promotion form, hardly deserving of the sack! Don't forget this followed a long winless run, which shows Brown can turn things round.

Although it is disappointing to have exited all 3 cup competitions at the first hurdle this season, unfortunately the reality is these competitions are all pretty meaningless thesedays. The crowds are very low at these games despite ticket prices being half price or even lower, this indicates the general lack of interest and appetite for these matches for all football league clubs including ours. Although I think this is sad for the game, it is the reality of modern football and things move on, the priority is the league and we wouldn't swap 3 points in the league for victories in any of these games.

Brown is a defensive manager and his style of football is frustrating at times, but how many heavy defeats can be attributed to his reign? There can't be many that we have suffered since he has been here, even in successful era's we had 3 or 4 goals going in against us on many occasions, to be fair to Brown again this is something that doesn't happen to us. A lot of our defeats are by an odd goal and games we shouldn't have lost - fine tuning in team selections is what is needed I think to give us more of an attacking threat, rather than taking the severe action of removing him as manager.
Apologies, I could have quoted any number of posters on this point. It will be interesting to see who Barnsley/Chester get in the third round (bearing in mind that we would have had at least a fighting chance against Barnsely) .
Chester earnt £18,000 prize money for beating us, the winner in the next round gets £27,000. Not massive amounts, but that is £44,000 that I am sure would have been very beneficial to the club (plus gate recepits) , with the hope of the plumb draw the next round . If you recall we were so close to playing Liverpool at Anfield, which would have been a massive windfall for us- and with it we may not be where we are today. So I would say that financially the FA cup 'can' be massive for a small number of lower league clubs , and is something worth playing for . Lets face it , we only have to win two matches to be in line for hitting the financial jackpot

examples of fiancial impact on lower league teams (from Deloitte report 2012)http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/news/2012/jan/650m-deloitte-report

2005/2006 Burton £700,000 (3rd round)
2007/2008 Havant and Waterloo(4th round) £600,000
2009/2010 Accrington (4th Round) £150,000
2010/2011 Crawley £1,500,000 (they earnt £500,000 before the ManUtd match)

Danny Cowley, Danny Cowley, Danny Cowley

Concords rise has been quality, last night Mansfield's goalkeeper got MOM. Can't think of a reason of why he should be overlooked, he will be snapped up by someone higher very soon if Concord go and knock Mansfield out next Tuesday

Back