• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Interesting radio interview with Brush on BW talking about Clarke and transfers etc.

He says its proving very frustrating to get players in (tell us about it!!) because we are going for other teams 'good first team players'.

Now its obvious to put 2 and 2 together once we know the rumoured names, but I'd swear the part he was speaking about this he was aluding to Robinson and Agogo.

Just the way he said about persuding teams to let their very best players go just before the season starts is very hard and the clubs who's players we are chasing are also waiting on replacements.

He said we are not going for players that dont play for their teams much, we are going for the teams best players!

He also said that we are getting a step closer everyday, but when pushed he said he hoped to have at least 1 of the 2 or 3 players 'further forward' that we need by Saturday, but then made a point of saying we have all of August to do the deals.

I wonder, with how coy we have been so far, that it wouldnt suprise me if we have a nice little budget that Tilly and Brush are sitting on and they are being as careful and selective as ever - BUT, if the deal is right for all parties, it will happen?

I dont think we are the sort of club at the moment to be disclosing our budget from the rooftoops - I think we are going about things in EXACTLY the right way.

Now I am as impatient as the next man (terribly so!) but at the end of the day, I do think we are doing it the right way and we will get the right players in.

Make no mistake, I believe we have paid a pretty penny and then some for Clarke - which is brilliant to hear, but by making the fee 'Undisclosed' again, it doesnt alert anybody to the type of budget we have.

Well done Ron Martin for stumping up the cash and Tilly and Brush for doing everything the right way!

Yes nothing to worry about.

£250k for Clarke, just hope theres enough in the kitty to get another class player in

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,20:50)]Yes nothing to worry about.

£250k for Clarke, just hope theres enough in the kitty to get another class player in
I'm beginning to believe there is a bit left in the kitty - like I said, we could have been more brash about our promotion, season ticket sales, more TV money, better gates, prize money etc - that all adds up.

But, by quietly getting on with our business we have got 4 real quality players in that I doubt are on pitance!

We really have made a step up!

Must be a bit with us still after agogo at 200k or thereabouts.

Good to hear that they are after other teams 1st team players, hopefully at least one will come in the next week or two. Dont see anyone else signing this week but who knows.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,21:57)]Dont see anyone else signing this week but who knows.
i have a feeling that the ace is about to be pulled out - and before saturday . . .

wink.gif

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zulu_shrimper @ Aug. 02 2006,21:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,21:57)]Dont see anyone else signing this week but who knows.
i have a feeling that the ace is about to be pulled out - and before saturday . . .

wink.gif

Al
Hunch or more insider info?!
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Aug. 02 2006,22:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (zulu_shrimper @ Aug. 02 2006,21:00)]
[b said:

wink.gif

Al
Hunch or more insider info?!  
Oo.gif
hunch, i'm afraid . . . difficult to get insider information halfway round the globe

tounge.gif

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 02 2006,22:07)]it's a rather smug looking smiley. He must know summat.
tounge.gif
it's uncanny, but i bare a remarkable likeness to these smiley things . . . dependent on which mood i'm in of course - oh except for the blues brothers character - far too much hair and horrid side-burns

Al

I think another factor that's coming into play is players will be seeing what's going on at the Hall and think I'll have some of that. Even the knob end at Barnsley who thinks we're a joke. Well not anymore son.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 02 2006,22:11)]I think another factor that's coming into play is players will be seeing what's going on at the Hall and think I'll have some of that. Even the knob end at Barnsley who thinks we're a joke. Well not anymore son.
biggrin.gif

Precisely.

And these are the type of players we should, and are, aiming for - not just those of good quality, but those who want to play here and be part of the Tilly n Brush bandwagon

Al

It would be nice to get one more before the weekend but with only two days left Im not getting any hopes up, especially over a hunch
smile.gif

We are in a pretty decent position anyway and as Brushie says, got until the end of August.

Back