• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheltenham Festival 2016

Hag to get on Douvan, Annie and Vroum Vroum Mag.

I got on Min aswell but will get money back if it doesn't win.

I really think the hype on the Mullins horses is over the top, hasn't stopped me putting money on the trebles and double though I think it is fear of missing out if it happens and seeing everyone else celebrating at Cheltenham Tuesday and not being in on it. Douvan looks unbeatable and I like the look of Vroum Vroum Mag but Min is not well priced, Mullins said this of Min
"Therejust seems to have been an undercurrent of Min, Min, Min from that early stage,so his reputation is certainly bigger than what he's done. I hope he's as goodas his reputation but he has to go and do it yet and he hasn't done it. Fromwhat he's done at home you wouldn't believe he could be that short."

Annie Power has been run all season with the Mares in mind and now because of injuries she's been switched, don't think there is a lot of value with her either. I am on them all though and hopefully have it covered with a VVM & Douvan double

Well, that's nicely p***** all over my bonfire - cheers!

I really think the hype on the Mullins horses is over the top, hasn't stopped me putting money on the trebles and double though I think it is fear of missing out if it happens and seeing everyone else celebrating at Cheltenham Tuesday and not being in on it. Douvan looks unbeatable and I like the look of Vroum Vroum Mag but Min is not well priced, Mullins said this of Min
"Therejust seems to have been an undercurrent of Min, Min, Min from that early stage,so his reputation is certainly bigger than what he's done. I hope he's as goodas his reputation but he has to go and do it yet and he hasn't done it. Fromwhat he's done at home you wouldn't believe he could be that short."

Annie Power has been run all season with the Mares in mind and now because of injuries she's been switched, don't think there is a lot of value with her either. I am on them all though and hopefully have it covered with a VVM & Douvan double

Min has taken the same path as Douvan last year with the same results. No surprise Min is trading at a similar price to Douvan last year.

Min has taken the same path as Douvan last year with the same results. No surprise Min is trading at a similar price to Douvan last year.

Mullins doesn't seem to think Min is the same standard:
I don't think he's as good as Douvan. It's hardto think he might be as good as Vautour, I hope he is. Min looks very decent but until afterCheltenham we won't know how decent. This time last year I couldn't believewhat I was seeing with Douvan out there on the gallops and then he showedeveryone at Cheltenham what he showed me at home. His temperament has to be aconcern. He's a lovely horse at home and he's fine in the parade ring andeverything, but once he gets down to the start he tends to take a good grip.I'd imagine there will be a lot more pace at Cheltenham than certainly his lastrace, and with that pace he should just blend in. I don't think it will be aproblem. Obviously I've been thinking about it, but we have taken steps(against that). They were telling me in France 'He wore this, he wore that',but his two runs in France he was beaten 20 lengths - so I thought 'Well, I'mnot going to go down that route'. If Min wants to go off and do what he doesthat's fine by me. If he's not good enough, that's why we go to the races tofind out. Why is he so short? When I came into the winners' enclosure at Galwaysomeone asked me about Min. He was out on grass. There just seems to have beenan undercurrent of Min, Min, Min from that early stage, so his reputation iscertainly bigger than what he's done. I hope he's as good as his reputation buthe has to go and do it yet and he hasn't done it. From what he's done at homeyou wouldn't believe he could be that short. However, the form lines areworking out well. Ball d'Arc came out and won the other day and advertised hisform. Maybe he's improving, but Min made him look very ordinary. If those linesof form are true then maybe he does deserve to be that price. But that's if.

Minella Rocco is my Cheltenham banker in the National Hunt Chase at 4.50 tomorrow.

It's got a chance as being favourite suggests but 4/1 and a very poor track record at Cheltenham doesn't sound much of a banker to me. Thought Black Hercules or seeyouatmidnight might have run here and reckon they'd have been bankers. I'm going a small ew on Vicente at 18/1, open race IMO

Garde La Victoire now swerving the Arkle, so my fiver each way from last November isn't worth the paper it's printed on!

On the plus side, just checked the latest odds for the NH Chase tomorrow and Noble Endeavour is 6/1. I backed it at 20s :smile:

My bets so far

Vroum Vroum Mag, Douvan, Annie Power
Min (money back if it loses)
Beg To Differ e/w
Sprinter Scare (without Un De Scueax)
Sceau Royale (Trimuph Hurdle money back if it loses)
Cole harden e/w
Cue Card

Think that will do until I'm there Friday, hopefully with a bit of spending money in my bin!

Last edited:
My bets so far

Vroum Vroum Mag, Douvan, Annie Power
Min (money back if it loses)
Sprinter Scare (without Un De Scueax)
Sceau Royale (Trimuph Hurdle money back if it loses)
Cole harden e/w
Cue Card

Think at will do until I'm there Friday, hopefully with a bit of spending money in my bin!

What do the without bets actually mean/do?

I did one by mistake for tomorrows Arkle, on my bet 365 account .

What do the without bets actually mean/do?

I did one by mistake for tomorrows Arkle, on my bet 365 account .

Basically as it says on the tin, if you are betting without the favourite then you are betting on the race without the favourite. So if you come second to the fav it is a winner

Basically as it says on the tin, if you are betting without the favourite then you are betting on the race without the favourite. So if you come second to the fav it is a winner

Gotcha, thought that was what it was...cheers mate.

Great start for the bookies. Paddy Power will be refunding all those Min losers as free bets, but given the amount of multis it has killed they won't mind too much...

Back