• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United striker Noel Hunt slams Chesterfield for mocking Shrimpers physio on

SOUTHEND United striker Noel Hunt has hit out at Chesterfield for mocking Shrimpers’ physiotherapist Ben Clarkson on their official Twitter account.

More...

The main reason I started this thread was to let people know about the good work Ben does and the, IMO, interesting Barry Corr shirt story, Like I said some the locals from Chesterfield were going way beyond banter and that's why who was ever in charge of the tweets felt they could join in.

Ben has made no complaints about fans behaviour, It was me but now he is being told to 'man up' or get another job. Yes I do remember the good old days. Back then if the opposition were giving your players or staff abuse we used to stand up for them and show them who's side we were on. I agree not all the changes have been for the best.

i think your being a tad dramatic in your summary of how you have taken what people are saying. Most people are saying this is football, in football you get stick and abuse, you enter this environment and you expect it. Everyone does, fans, staff, players, chairmen, managers, half time entertainment... Everyone in football gets stick, and most are saying that's part and parcel. Not "man up" or "get another job" maybe you shouldn't take such a stance on making it your problem if you think your fellow supporters arnt showing whose side their on just because their being honest

:facepalm:- slow day for the Echo?

I think Noel is being over dramatic and I'm not going to agree with him just because it's Noel Hunt.

:facepalm:- slow day for the Echo?

I think Noel is being over dramatic and I'm not going to agree with him just because it's Noel Hunt.

Im not agreeing with Noel because of who he is, Ive already started a thread about it and how pathetic it was.

He's right though. If Ben was black and received that abuse there would be uproar!

you can't go on a diet to stop being black

What a pathetic comment

Black, white, asian, straight, gay, fat or thin... Discrimination is discrimination

and for a club's official account to tweet is an absolute disgrace, deserved sacking on the spot

What a pathetic comment

Black, white, asian, straight, gay, fat or thin... Discrimination is discrimination

and for a club's official account to tweet is an absolute disgrace, deserved sacking on the spot

That's some overreaction. This isn't anything like him being non-white or homosexual. He's fat and it's ironic because the players' physical well-being is his job and yet he can't stop himself having a second biscuit.

It's unprofessional and in poor taste but not worthy of a sacking, sit down.

What a pathetic comment

Not in my opinion, I'd say yours was.

There are rare exceptions but getting fat is down to greed and an unhealthy lifestyle, not comparible to skin colour at all.

I hardly think it is worth anyone getting the sack. Yes, the tweet was not appropriate from a professional football club and a quiet word will be had ..I am sure.
However, for anyone to think it is wrong to say a person is a tad overweight is ridiculous. People come in all shapes and sizes and if we are not allowed to comment on that? lord help us. I am often referred to as "skinny". So what?? Bloody hell. There are fat people out there. Are we supposed to completely pretend they are not over weight??
Is absolutely nothing like a vile racist comment or a homophoebic comment.

I hardly think it is worth anyone getting the sack. Yes, the tweet was not appropriate from a professional football club and a quiet word will be had ..I am sure.
However, for anyone to think it is wrong to say a person is a tad overweight is ridiculous. People come in all shapes and sizes and if we are not allowed to comment on that? lord help us. I am often referred to as "skinny". So what?? Bloody hell. There are fat people out there. Are we supposed to completely pretend they are not over weight??
Is absolutely nothing like a vile racist comment or a homophoebic comment.

Well said. (bloody beanpole)

Back