• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of those people you mention are still around as are the majority of those who used to use the LCT, they just rarely visit.

The thing that really got me is that is was just closed...BANG...no explanation, no "announcement" and that I think is what annoyed me most of all. I'm still angry this morning, this board is becoming full of continuous Totty related stuff, whinging and griping, posturing and pretentiousness yet the mods have chosen to close a thread which was inoffensive until people began to be puerile about its existence.
i know your mardy about it, but please get a grip, it's a single post on an internet message board, not your life.

Well, as I understand it, the decision has been taken to close the Live Chat thread.

I won't begin to even attempt to understand why something so innocuous provoked such an anti feeling amongst so many, was it because they were somehow threatened by the good natured banter that went on and felt that went wholly against the edgy image generated by the keyboard warriors? As with any thread on here you have the choice to read it or not so if you didn't like it why read it - and that goes for the mods too. I'm well aware that some didn't like it but others did so it could have been left for them to moderate.

As I see it, this is a big mistake, the Zone is fast becoming a depressing place to be and yet more and more bleak, disillusional threads are being created. Very few of the old "clique" now remain, most have been driven away by certain individuals, so it was natural that the Live Chat thread would not be used as much however it was still used.

For those of us who have frequent recourse to be around in the early hours, the Live Chat thread was always somewhere where you would expect to find someone to while away some time while sleep was beyond you. It was somewhere we did planning and arranging, gave help or advice.

I for one, am very sorry to see it's demise - farewell old friend

2206_mourning_over_dead_friend1.gif

I am sorry Kay but that post really is making you look a bit silly, the zone will never be a depressing place for me I have met some of my best friends through this site and the site is progressing all the time albeit slowly we will soon have a betting forum etc... but the fact remains nobody wants to post in the live thread any more if you want instant conversation go in the chat room its what its there for you don't need a 'live chat thread' to bump post counts up, the even existence of a live chat thread is beyond me I mean lets look at who use to use it....

Yourself
Ricey - does not post on here as much these days
Bretti Angel and Vange - Got married and have other each other in there lives now
Southminster - again nice bloke but does not post anywhere near as much
Mr Benedict - does not post as much any more
HUTTON (now godwhateverthe****) - does not post as much any more

and the list can go on its time to move on with the times!

I'm still angry this morning, this board is becoming full of continuous Totty related stuff,

Not overly Totty related though.

Calm down missus, you'll blow a gasket.

Suppose the simple thing to do would be start a new Live Chat thread whenever you fancy it in the same way you would start any thread. Call it Live chat 19/12 or whatever and when you've finished chatting it can just die and you can start a new one next time.

Not overly Totty related though.

Calm down missus, you'll blow a gasket.

Suppose the simple thing to do would be start a new Live Chat thread whenever you fancy it in the same way you would start any thread. Call it Live chat 19/12 or whatever and when you've finished chatting it can just die and you can start a new one next time.

Doesn't work like that though Steveo, and the chat room doesn't work either cos you can't go and post something in there in the expectation someone will join you can you? Be a bit daft sat in the chat room talking to yourself.

This made me chuckle, it is the way of the zone!

I could say the same about the really old clique - Westcliff Shrimper, McScriven, Axe, Snowy, Ninja, Steveh, Leeboy

Not so old clique - Einstein, Daisy, Bath Shrimper, Prodigal Son

In the life of the Zone your little group were relatively newcomers, and no doubt your 'clique' will be superceded by another bunch who become close.

For whatever reason people leave, there is not point holding onto the past, just accept that things always evolve and maybe try to evolve with it.

More to the point Kay you only joined the zone since 2008 some of us have been here like me and Bob Cratchitt since 2001 yet you turn up riding in claiming to have this clique?! are you not bit past all that clique nonsense.

as Andee has said there are much older groups on here like posted above who along with a few others started this site that spawned from shrimpers.net

We are all Southend when it comes down to it Right wing Left wing Centre Rock lovers Metal Lovers Gays Dykes Teens Adults EVERYONE!

There are also posters who use to be 'regulars' on the live thread Who still post here and who have said they're happy to see it locked, including Glasgowsufc, so I think it's just kay getting annoyed about it.

All hail the 'what are you listening too' thread

I couldn't give too hoots about the Live Chat Thread, but I do know how to run an internet forum.

If there is a reason to close something, ie its offensive, libellous, etc; then close it.

If not, then leave it be. If it aint popular, then people wont use it and it will soon be consigned to history.

As a result, mods etc don't have to deal with threads like this.

Just a little tip, like ;)

You might know how to run a forum but the one YOU run has a huge demographic yet SZ can't be doing too bad if you look at the ratio of target market to members :)

I know some of those people you mention are still around as are the majority of those who used to use the LCT, they just rarely visit.

The thing that really got me is that is was just closed...BANG...no explanation, no "announcement" and that I think is what annoyed me most of all. I'm still angry this morning, this board is becoming full of continuous Totty related stuff, whinging and griping, posturing and pretentiousness yet the mods have chosen to close a thread which was inoffensive until people began to be puerile about its existence.

Seriously if your taking this stuff to heart then you need to seek help because this cant be doing your life or the kids at school you have to teach/look after any good

I am not saying this to have a pop I am serious you need to clam down about it its only an internet forum for example I have ****ed nearly everybody on this board at some point but out in the pub its always smiles and beers you cant live your life on-line it will make things worse - chin up and try not to get worked up please!

More to the point Kay you only joined the zone since 2008 some of us have been here like me and Bob Cratchitt since 2001 yet you turn up riding in claiming to have this clique?! are you not bit past all that clique nonsense.

as Andee has said there are much older groups on here like posted above who along with a few others started this site that spawned from shrimpers.net

We are all Southend when it comes down to it Right wing Left wing Centre Rock lovers Metal Lovers Gays Dykes Teens Adults EVERYONE!

The clique mention was in reference to the alleged Live Thread clique that everyone seemed to believe existed, most of those apparently in it had been members much longer than me. It was no admission of any such actual existence.

My life, as you well know Scott, does not revolve around the Zone, I am just becoming disillusioned at the path it seems to be heading down and the way that the wishes of certain posters seem to over ride everything else.

As I've said, and others have echoed, if you don't like a thread or even if it has no relevance then don't read it. I certainly don't read quite a lot these days, and those that have absolutely no relevance or interest are top of that list.

My life, as you well know Scott, does not revolve around the Zone,

ok just under 21 thousand posts since 2008 your whole social circle has changed since you joined SZ where as before you knew nobody, you go to zone events you joined the Trust through its promotion via SZ

I would say your live is intertwined very much so with SZ!

Total Posts

* Total Posts: 20,934
* Posts Per Day: 26.71

I am sorry that's bordering on obsessive, but if thats how you want to be thats fine just don't claim that your life does not revolve around it when the evidence tells a different story

ok just under 21 thousand posts since 2008 your whole social circle has changed since you joined SZ where as before you knew nobody, you go to zone events you joined the Trust through its promotion via SZ

I would say your live is intertwined very much so with SZ!

Total Posts

* Total Posts: 20,934
* Posts Per Day: 26.71

I mean more recently Scott.

Personally I have never viewed the live vhat thread so I dont know why it has gone or why it is missed so much.

It seems a shame for OBL etc that something she felt so strongly about has gone but as I dont know the content then maybe I should stay out of it.

All I would add is cliques come and go and the type of posts sometimes suit you sometimes dont. For me the peak of the zone was a few years ago when you maybe had less family/kid type posters and we had some proper funny topics on here.

Bazza the Dogs - Roughest bird ever shagged was the BEST topic in my opinion on here, Slippers stories, Cockles one line put downs, posters boasting about there sexual antics etc etc - It was unmissable.

Nowadays the zone is not as funny for me. I think a lot of it is down to posters getting older and the fact (probably positive) that the zone was a much wider appeal and therefore needs to be more main stream.

All I am really trying to say is the zone changes and posters change. Personally I would say enjoy the topics you want and dont read the ones you dont.

Anyway, if SZ is such a depressing place just now surely a lot of that is down to how our beloved football club is living through some of it's darkest ever times, not just the dramatic "nasty poster X is forcing me & others out" line?

Unfortunately how very true.

You still are - creating a whole new thread to rant about closing the live thread when a simple private message to one of the owners would have done just proves it. Lets just all move on!

I have to agree with those sentiments TB. OBL, I suggest re-reading TB's post above (post 29 of this thread) and try to get a grip.

I was surprised to come on here this morning and see the Live Thread closed, but with its general malaise, the comments and subsequently this pathetic thread started by you, I have no doubt that the right decision was made.

It seems you have tried to keep the Live Thread alive in an attempt to cling to those old times (which were perhaps happier for you?) but you really should move on. From what I understand, a lot of the old regular users, Ricey, Irish, Vange etc have moved on with their lives (thats Lives in the REAL WORLD) - got married, had fun in the REAL WORLD etc and you should be pleased for them. Perhaps it's time you tried to do the same.

It was borne from a time where there were cliques existing on here, though now thankfully most of those have changed / evolved as Bob Cratchitt pointed out. What remains is that this is still a great place for diverse opinions on Southend United, a great place to get up to date or behind the scenes info (ignoring all those golf games with Tilly stuff...), a great place to meet new people who share a common interest, while away the hours at work, and anything else is a bonus and should not form the crux of ones life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back