• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
It dawned on me on saturday the amount of people that come to Roots Hall but actually support other sides too. Not looking at any sort of with hunt as I fully understand people have family ties etc to 2nd sides. J

Just curious as to what % of our support would say they have a 2nd side? If so who are they?

Personally I dont care about anyone but Southend. The prem bores me as does big time football. If I had to pick a 2nd side I would either say Malaga or Hornchurch but solely as I have good friends that support them and I have had some cracking days out going a long as a neutral. I look for there results more than anything.

PS - I appreciate this is the point where Fatso will drag out photos of me wearing different kits as a kid. As I have pointed out to him many times I used to wear footbal shirts all the time in those days as Dad used to get them dirt cheap so it dosent mean I supported them.

Last edited:
I don't support another team as in going to their games but I do look out for certain results. Plymouth as I used to live there and Queen of the South for some strange reason. I'm Southend as a fan, that's it.

I look out for Eastbourne's results as I watched them when I could for three years whilst I was at Uni, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I support them.

I used to go to a lot of Ajax games when my work took me to the crayshee Netherlandsh every week, and I still like to see them do well, but the preponderance of Arabs in a good Jewish side has definitely stymied any thoughts I had of supporting them. SUFC all the way.

In England, I keep an eye out for various non-league teams, such as Uxbridge and Concord Rangers. Elsewhere, I follow Celtic and Real Betis, but no teams that (for the time being) are likely to compete against Southend United.

Recently, a work colleague asked me the time honoured "No, but who do you really support?" question and I rather snappily told him to **** off.

Recently, a work colleague asked me the time honoured "No, but who do you really support?" question and I rather snappily told him to **** off.

Proper annoying. You don't get people saying "oh, I support West Ham", to be followed by,"yeah, but what L2 team do you support".

Southend first but a soft spot for Dundee for family reasons, Liverpool as the kids loved John Barnes when kids and an absolute hatred of all things claret and blue and MK Dons shape. Not very fond of Chelsea BTW

A few of my Uncles support Man Utd so I've always had a soft spot for them. I wouldn't say I support them though.

I don't ask what Lg2 side west ham fans support but I do ask them which of the big four they support. That proper ****s them off.

Although at times way back in the past I had an interest in one or two other teams its southend only for me now.

Suppose that really came to light during the summer and we were on the verge of going out of existance and I wondered if that happened if there was any other team that I could support, and quite simply the answer is no. If southend were not about I would have very little interest in football at all it would just be too sad. The one exception being if an AFC Southend rose from the ashes. I would happily support them in Rymans div 6 or whatever.

Southend alone. I'd take them over our pathetic failure of a national team as well.

Back