• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters
apart from southend united i also support afc hornchurch in the ryman league still with tommy black , david mcsweeny , leon hunter and jonathon hunt playing this season for the urchins . got a few ex blues to watch out for down at bridge avenue .

get a tribute from mcweeney for tilly's gift!

Southend..................................................................... foremost, uppermost, no parallel. However, for family reasons Liverpool, although I have never seen them, apart on three occasions when we've played them in Cup competitions. I suppose my real second team is Toulouse (tfc), whom I have seen a few times. For some strange reason that I can't explain, I watch for the results of Scottish side Queens Park. Perhaps it was because they were as unsuccessful as us back in the fifties and sixties!

Southend ONLY! never will change.

'Dont you hate it when people say what Premiership team you support?'

Err i dont, i watch real football ;)

Used to live in Hertfordshire until i was 8 and the first shirt my dad got me was a Spurs one so i supported them as a lad, when i moved down to the Essex riviera i took an interest in the local team and ever since it's been Southend first. I'd say i support Southend and 'follow' Spurs to this day.

Family come from Islington so I supported Arsenal in an armchair capacity only and only went to any games the first season of the emirates when SUFC werent at home. However barely pay any interest to the Premier league now.

Got taken to Southend games in around 80-82 seasons and as soon as I could go to games I went to Southend....

Erm, bad one I know but Tottenham are my second side. I had a season ticket for 2 years as a kid. Went to see Southend as a teenager and stayed loyal since. Proof of Shrimper loyalty is that I went to both Spurs games at White Hart Lane in the Southend end and was gutted when Defoe got that outrageously offside goal to beat us in extra time.
Southend is real football for real fans, would never go back to Spurs especially with the runt Levy in charge. Both my sides are run by money hungry businessmen unfortunately.
Barnet away in the LDV is where my heart is!

Erm, bad one I know but Tottenham are my second side. I had a season ticket for 2 years as a kid. Went to see Southend as a teenager and stayed loyal since. Proof of Shrimper loyalty is that I went to both Spurs games at White Hart Lane in the Southend end and was gutted when Defoe got that outrageously offside goal to beat us in extra time.
Southend is real football for real fans, would never go back to Spurs especially with the runt Levy in charge. Both my sides are run by money hungry businessmen unfortunately.
Barnet away in the LDV is where my heart is!
snap, nice one and very glad iam not the only one.

I dont think you can avidly support two teams, supporting one and 'following' the other is probably the better way of putting it, like i said in my previous post.

The only football team in Manchester................City! Nothing much in the way of trophies for either in the last thirty years but I wouldn't know what to do if I supported a successful team!

The only football team in Manchester................City! Nothing much in the way of trophies for either in the last thirty years but I wouldn't know what to do if I supported a successful team!

I followed Man City as my second team, back in the days of Franny Lee, Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee, but that was definitely following because of their swashbuckling, attacking style, not supporting. I look out for Exeter City's results and go to the odd game or two, because I've lived down this way for 10 years plus and have had business dealings with the club. But from three years old and my first visit to Roots Hall, there was only going to be one team I supported and that was Southend United.

I look out for Exeter City's results and go to the odd game or two, because I've lived down this way for 10 years plus and have had business dealings with the club.

As did I when I was down as a student in Exeter, although I was more of a Chiefs man myself. Both are great clubs, with City now seen by many football fans as a model of a well-managed lower league club and Chiefs at long last flying the flag for West Country rugby in the Premiership. Long may it continue!

One team only , I dont know how people can support 2 teams .

Some people move to Southend fromanother football area & supporting another team. This applies to me as I moved to Southend at the age of ten, but the more I watched Southend, the more I became a fan & then a supporter. I think after living in Southend for over 35 years, I can consider myself a Southender!

I still look out for my "old" team & still have a soft spot for them, but I'm a Shrimper until I die now.

I also have soft spots for QOS & Killie in Sweatie land!

Yep, I follow both Sunderland and Ross County through family lines on both sides. I would, however, (and did) support Southend United should they play against them.

One of my genuine dreams actually came true this year when I saw County at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final You've no need to worry about going to Hell should you be bad people - when County beat Celtic in the semi-final it actually froze over.

Also embarking on a mini-trip this week, taking in Sunderland v West Ham tomorrow, then Ross County v Dundee United on Wednesday.

As well as those sides, I have a direct involvement with both Basildon United and Southend Manor. In these instances, though, as I do or have had a direct involvement and influence on these clubs I would have to support them against Southend United should they ever play in the Essex Senior Cup.

Last edited:
No, Southend only, though there are clubs whose results I look out for purely out of interest and for a variety of reasons (including Colchester to see if they've been beaten!).

Southend only... used to annoy me when at school. the usual which (first division then , a long time ago) do you support.
Only ever watched one game live when Sufc were'nt involved. Went to Wembley to see WBA v Derby in play off final with a few Baggies mates.......was bored to tears.
Lost interest after about 15 mins. Only thing West Brom lost which I found amusing, as nearly everyone was crying.

The first team I ever supported as a kid was Flamengo:

Flamengo - Wiki
Flamengo - OS

...but it has been a long time since I lived in Brazil, so I can't say I "support" them any more - instead, I follow their results and am pleased when they do well. Since attending Roots Hall in 1990, I've only had room for one footballing love in my life; and that love is Southend United.

There are other teams that I like to do well - Airdrie (the father-in-law's side) and Olympique Lyonnais (a team supported by good mates of mine) - but apart from that, I am almost entirely indifferent to how other football teams get on. I say "almost entirely", because I am always happy to see Birmingham, West Ham and Col U lose.

:)

Back