• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters
Southend's the only team I support, but I do also look out for the results of Ipswich (couple of friends are supporters, and we have a mutual dislike of Col Ewe) and Swansea (lived there for 5 years)

Was born in Cheltenham, moved to Southend when I was 6 years old, parents had no interest in football (Dad was a rugby union man, mum cricket) started when my sister took me to the north bank in the early 70's, so the shrimpers are the only team I support. Do get to watch Norwich as Mrs GYS supports them and have encourages GYS jnr to follow his local team as well as Southend
Was asked once which premiership team I supported and was met with stunned silence when I replied 'none'. Cannot understand why premiership supporters think I need to follow a team in their crappy league. Must say that I always wear my SUFC shirt when at Carrow road and have always been met with friendship

Yes - Arsenal. Am surprised at the amount of SUFC/Spurs to be honest, a lot of my mates when younger followed both arsenal and Southend - knew someone who was split between Ipswich and Southend for some reason! As most above have said, premier league football has been in constant decline (since the formation of the premiership) - I struggle to get even remotely excited by it now.

Southend and Southend only!
Been to a few Perth Glory games to try and get my football fix but they are worse than the worst football i've seen at Roots Hall and Robbie Fowler is well and truly finished as a player.

Yes - Arsenal. Am surprised at the amount of SUFC/Spurs to be honest, a lot of my mates when younger followed both arsenal and Southend - knew someone who was split between Ipswich and Southend for some reason! As most above have said, premier league football has been in constant decline (since the formation of the premiership) - I struggle to get even remotely excited by it now.

My second team is Ipswich so it does not seem that odd to me!

I was born in London but my family all come from Ipswich and I spent most of my childhood in Colchester. This was in the 70/80's when Ipswich were managed by Bobby Robson and a very exciting team to watch. I moved to Southend when I was 17 and gradually started going to the odd home game although for a few years I would have considered Southend to be my second team.

However, I have had a season ticket for a few years now and would very much consider myself a supporter of Southend and a follower of Ipswich. I was certainly cheering Southend on when we played Ipswich in the Championship!

I agree about the Premiership and have no real interest in it.

Back