• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You mention the accounts, and I did see these, but sometime ago. But wasn't there one entry that stuck out like a sore thumb since the plans for FF were set in motion. That of 'Other Expenses' Which went up in excess of 200% one year and regularly each year, to the tune of millions per year if I remember rightly. Again does this not seem strange?

Admin expenses have been at least 1.4M since 1994 except for one year when the write back of prior year rent reduced the figure dramatically.
The following year , things returned to "normal" but the year to year comparison was somewhat distorted

Personally, this relegation has be the least depressing, perhaps as its the 8th I've seen I have become immune, I have always felt that, whilst Tilly has done a wonderful job, the recent successes were a bit of a fluke, We had an unearthed a number of quality players all the the space of a very short while and discovering more Eastwoods , Gowers was never going to be easy.

Its the next 3-6 moths which is important to me, If FF does not get started and the money (whether its for advances regarding retail units , deposits from sainsburies etc etc) does not start coming in then we will be in deep do-do.

Then I may start getting depressed again

Personally, this relegation has be the least depressing, perhaps as its the 8th I've seen I have become immune, I have always felt that, whilst Tilly has done a wonderful job, the recent successes were a bit of a fluke, We had an unearthed a number of quality players all the the space of a very short while and discovering more Eastwoods , Gowers was never going to be easy.

Its the next 3-6 moths which is important to me, If FF does not get started and the money (whether its for advances regarding retail units , deposits from sainsburies etc etc) does not start coming in then we will be in deep do-do.

I agree whole heartedly with this... I've been quite philosophical regarding this particular relegation as I think a clear out is exactly what we need, a la Newcastle.

Far too many players are on wages bearing no resemblance to their talent having procured them during our jaunt to the second tier. They can either stay here on a proportionate wage or leave... It doesn't matter to me. If a season like this means we can be on site come June then, in my opinion, it'll all be worth it. If not, then it's a gamble that hasn't paid off and we'll have to start again like 50 other clubs have had to in recent years.

Yeah sums it up for me too.

Its a big blow to be relegated but if this is what we need to get through to get into the new stadium then so be it, but if we dont see progress in the next 3 months then Ill be as frustrated as anyone.

We need to start all over again as ESB says, stay for less or go, but I think our reputation has suffered and will make getting players in quite difficult. I am not trying to raise "the players haven't been paid" saga again but it is widely known we have no money and I hope the problems of this season are over, only time will tell.

We need to "do a Newcastle" but we will really need the players to do it. From what I have heard hardly any of the current players want to be here so God knows what the future holds.

We need to start all over again as ESB says, stay for less or go, but I think our reputation has suffered and will make getting players in quite difficult. I am not trying to raise "the players haven't been paid" saga again but it is widely known we have no money and I hope the problems of this season are over, only time will tell.

We need to "do a Newcastle" but we will really need the players to do it. From what I have heard hardly any of the current players want to be here so God knows what the future holds.

As Tilly said it'll be a "challenge" to bring new players in for next season.If the current financial constraints continue, then it's more likely to end up a nightmare, as it's been for most of this season.:O

Whatever the constraints it can be done, look at Bournemouth under a transfer embargo all season, and having Lee Bradbury in their side they managed to get into the automatic positions.

Not just having lee Bradbury in the side but having Lee Bradbury at right-back!

Well said big man.

Luckily more and more people are working this out, and seeing through Ron's spin.

Unfortunately, i feel it's too little too late. He's got his claws dug into this football club, and won't let go unless it suits him. We are at his mercy.

A handfull of people worked this out ages ago. It's a shame it's taken this long for more and more to see this.

This implies that if more people had been anti-Ron Martin for a much longer time than they have been, then things would now look much healthier at the club.
I honestly cannot see what difference it would have made or what difference it makes now how many people are for, against or completely indifferent to Ron Martin.
There are only two ways Ron Martin will end his involvement with SUFC -bankruptcy (for himself as well as the club) or by selling out his interest to someone who offers him a very large sum of money and my guess would be a sum of £100m+ given that is the construction price of FF.
It seems obvious to anyone who wants to see it that no such buyer exists.
No doubt I will get roundly abused for this but that fact makes much of the anti-RM statements on here just empty posturing.
The recent cashflow problems we have had seem to be more down paying too much in wages ie very little to do with FF.
Some of the people who have always been most anti-RM seem to be the same people who have always been screaming for him to open his famous warchest and spend even more money on players.
It is sadly ironic that RM's fiercest critics are without realising it now in effect criticising him for doing too much of what they have been saying for years he wasn't doing enough of.

Last edited:
This implies that if more people had been anti-Ron Martin for a much longer time than they have been, then things would now look much healthier at the club.
I honestly cannot see what difference it would have made or what difference it makes now how many people are for, against or completely indifferent to Ron Martin.
There are only two ways Ron Martin will end his involvement with SUFC -bankruptcy (for himself as well as the club) or by selling out his interest to someone who offers him a very large sum of money and my guess would be a sum of £100m+ given that is the construction price of FF.
It seems obvious to anyone who wants to see it that no such buyer exists.
No doubt I will get roundly abused for this but that fact makes much of the anti-RM statements on here just empty posturing.
The recent cashflow problems we have had seem to be more down paying too much in wages ie very little to do with FF.
Some of the people who have always been most anti-RM seem to be the same people who have always been screaming for him to open his famous warchest and spend even more money on players.
It is sadly ironic that RM's fiercest critics are without realising it now in effect criticising him for doing too much of what they have been saying for years he wasn't doing enough of.

LOL you'd back the man if he was to liquify the club. Tut tut. One day, you'll work it all out.

Whatever the constraints it can be done, look at Bournemouth under a transfer embargo all season, and having Lee Bradbury in their side they managed to get into the automatic positions.

Only difference Harry is that they had a squad of 19 contracted players, which helps no end in achieving a good team spirit.

And what makes anyone think that Ron will be on site in the summer?

Because he says so?

Dont mean to **** on your fireworks , but this is the same man who according to him has been or should have been in site about 20 times already.

The man is a serial liar. The worst part of it is that he actually believes his own lies as truth.

If we are on site by Aug or before the start of next season then great . But i think you will find that the Ron Martin pr spin will be in effect again in the next few months and we will hear of further delays and no money for team etc. And it will be everybody else's fault and not Ron Martins.

And what makes anyone think that Ron will be on site in the summer?

I don't think anyone said that we would be on site in the SUmmer. Just that we hoped that we would be.

Personally I don't think we'll ever be on site at Fossetts Farm. I hope I'm wrong though.

LOL you'd back the man if he was to liquify the club. Tut tut. One day, you'll work it all out.

What makes me laugh is that in nothing in my post was in any way positive about or supportive towards Ron Martin. The spin some people on here put on any post that doesn't fit the prevailing lynchmob mentality is something I readily admit to not being able to work out.

What makes me laugh is that in nothing in my post was in any way positive about or supportive towards Ron Martin. The spin some people on here put on any post that doesn't fit the prevailing lynchmob mentality is something I readily admit to not being able to work out.

"My minds already made up, don't confuse me with the facts..."

Back