• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just simply....thankyou . We may never have a day like that at Wembley again but I sincerely hope you do Paul. A gentleman and a true man of football. Your class on the field is matched by your class off it .

Wishing you and yours all the very best for the future.

The East Stand Blacks :)

All the best Luggy, doubt we could have had anyone better at the helm during those bleak times.

Cheers for the Wembley memories & hope you get fixed up with something soon, too good a manager to be out of the game.

All the best for the future and whole hearted thanks for puting our little club on the map. We didn't win but hell who knows we might have done if you had picked the side that day.

Not often that I post on here, but I have to make an exception for you Luggy. Your restored my faith in decent chaps when you arrived and continued to do so through your entire period with us. Good luck, and more importantly, good health in what ever youy do next.

All the best Luggy, very unlucky not to be managing us in League one last season. Thanks for Bilel, Hall, Corr, Clohessy, Cressy,Tomlin, Britt, and many others, some fine players you brought to this football club.

All the best Paul and Andrea for the future, hope you get another club soon.

You worked very hard to bring stability to our club under such difficult circumstances, and IMHO shouldn't have been sacked.

Thanks for a top day at Wembley too.

Dont listen to the ones who got on your back, and texted in to BBC Essex at the time to want your sacking. In my eyes you always tried your best to bring success to our club.

Best wishes :loyalsupporter:

Thanks so much for Wembley and thanks for putting up with me on a winter evening aboard the Liverpool/southend victoria late train.True gent,best of health for the future Mr sturrock.

Blue supporter for over 45 years, I must just follow my fellow supporters in wishing you all the very bets, to come to our club, and follow Steve Tilson, was no easy avenue, and without a team, just missing promotion by one point, and taking us to Wembly, I just hope another club gives yo the opportunity in the future, thans agian Paul and wish you and your good lady all the very best in the future.

Top man. Acted with great dignity right up to the end.

The biggest testament Mr Sturrock, is that I'm poster number 52 and I don't think there's been a negative one yet! Surely a Shrimperzone record?

You've done us proud and we've been lucky to have you. Considering the hand you were dealt at the start, your achievements are up there with the best of our managers.

all the best Sir Sturrock keeping teams in the football league, although we are all very disappointed to still be in league 2, we could not of asked for any more, from you.imo if it were not for you we'd no longer be in existence. i wish you well for the future

Will be remembered as one of Southend's great managers, Paul kept us in the league following Tilly's departure. Thanks, I will never forget your contribution to the club and all the very best for the future. Would love to see him back at the club again.

What a brilliant picture that is, luggy, pretty girl at his side, beer in hand and resplendent in kilt and blues scarf. Many thanks for all your efforts Paul you will long be rembered in Southend.

Thanks for 3 seasons of sterling work, never wavering in your dedication to the club, players and fans. Always acting with class and dignity in all situations. Some classic away days, especially last 2 seasons, Rotherham, Cheltenham, Northampton, Wimbledon, Dagenham & Wembley.

Thank you, much respect, and missed. Health and harpiness for your future.

I would like to wish you all the very best of luck for whatever comes next for you, and echo the thanks of everyone who has already posted. We were seriously on the slide when you arrived, and you pulled several rabbits out of a hat under pretty dire circumstances. You brought some stability to the club, when it was (and still is) being undermined by other factors. Most of all, I remain so impressed with your professionalism in the face of adversity, your good grace and gentlemanly manner. I am very sorry to see you leave South East Essex, and you will be very much missed. I really hope that the owners of your next club appreciate you - ours didn't, mores the pity! I really hope you enjoyed your time at Southend, and I hope you will be able to look back with some fond memories of us. Xx

Wishing you the best in whatever you decide to do. Thanks for all you did for Southend United and it's fans.

Back