• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Excuse me but I was down the front to the right of the goal and I myself am 24 and not a chav and I can vouch for most of the others down the front that none of them were 16 and were infact on most accounts well in their 20's, some in their 30's... And also none of these scum as you call them shrimpboy were involved in anything untoward after the game, myself included as my pregnant girlfriend can vouch for.

Anything that did occur after the game was caused by mindless grimsby thugs intent on attacking innocent blues fans.

I suggest you dont tarnish everyone with the same brush.

mad.gif

I thought the whole game had a strange feeling to it. I personally recieved no threats or trouble etc. but the whole way through the game Grimsby fans ( and I use the term lightly) seemed to be gloating at us. As if they knew something we didn't. Also, does anybody know what was going on in the stand opposite the away fans? Every few minutes, a group of 10/15 fans went off down the entrance.
All very strange.???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tomasufc 4eva @ May 09 2005,21:55)]Also, does anybody know what was going on in the stand opposite the away fans? Every few minutes, a group of 10/15 fans went off down the entrance.
All very strange.???
Yeah i see that, i thought they were going to the tea bar but it seemed too early as it was only 28 or so minutes into the first half!

All very strange!!!

Perhaps it was a pre-arranged chavs meeting about going on the pitch at the end of the game, and they had to conduct it in the concourse of the stand.

From where they walked i could see them through the exit of that stand to the far left, then they all turned back and went to where they were sitting!

Boy do i hate chavs!!!

This is my first time i have written on here, on reading your comments shrimpboy i am very upset, being in my mid thirties and a season ticket holder for many years, i was one of the so called chav scum down the front on the right hand side behind the goal with my father in law, and i for one did not have any intent on starting any trouble on the day or at any away game i have vistited over the years so get your facts right before you start accusing people. Also i agree with alot of the comments on here about the grimsby fans there was a deffinate air about the place when we walked back to the car. Also once in the car did you see about four police vans come charging down the road what was all that about.

This is really for shrimpboy to answer, I can't speak for him, but two people have taken great offence to what he wrote. I however read his comments in a completely different way. I understood him to mean the "chav scum" were on the right hand side of the stand behind the goal opposite us, ie the home end? You know, the bizarre lot who did this mass walk-out halfway throught the first half? Surely that's who he means, not any Southend fans?

rock.gif

When we reached the side street where I had parked my car, we were greeted by a grim-looking gang of young men standing on the street corner. Not wanting to get in their way, we crossed to the other side of the street, where there was an even larger gaggle of teenage boys on the other corner. Both groups barely noticed us, as they were studying the main road intently. When we got to the car, I was adjusting the Southend scarf in the back window when suddenly the gaggle of teenagers came running down the pavement at breakneck speed. I thought for a minute they were coming for my scarf, but they carried on past my car and scarpered round the next corner. I looked up towards the main road and saw some policemen running along it. I guess those brave little boys were running away from them.

Totally bizarre place if you ask me, and I would like nothing more than for Grimsby to get relegated next season. Now, Grimsby v Canvey should be an interesting match!!

Referring to the post from Shrimper James, I happened to be walking past when the comment was made to the police in the mobile CCTV unit and turned to my mate and said that the police will go after them for that and of course they did. Now I understand the frustrations but hurling abuse at the police will result in them coming after you. It was not needed.

Although whilst watching the police have a word with said offender i did laugh when a bus passed and smashed the wing mirror of the police van

The atmosphere was very tense and we decided to get straight to the car and home. I hope whatever action the club take against GTFC is made public for all to see

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ipswich Blue @ May 10 2005,00:26)]Referring to the post from Shrimper James, I happened to be walking past when the comment was made to the police in the mobile CCTV unit and turned to my mate and said that the police will go after them for that and of course they did. Now I understand the frustrations but hurling abuse at the police will result in them coming after you. It was not needed.

Although whilst watching the police have a word with said offender i did laugh when a bus passed and smashed the wing mirror of the police van

The atmosphere was very tense and we decided to get straight to the car and home. I hope whatever action the club take against GTFC is made public for all to see
Maybe it was uncalled for, but you tap the guy on the shoulder and ask him to shut up and get on with it. Don't made his neck bleed by being to forceful, throw him against a wall and then tell all his mates, who were trying to calm it all down, to f**k off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 10 2005,08:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ipswich Blue @ May 10 2005,00:26)]Referring to the post from Shrimper James, I happened to be walking past when the comment was made to the police in the mobile CCTV unit and turned to my mate and said that the police will go after them for that and of course they did. Now I understand the frustrations but hurling abuse at the police will result in them coming after you. It was not needed.

Maybe it was uncalled for, but you tap the guy on the shoulder and ask him to shut up and get on with it. Don't made his neck bleed by being to forceful, throw him against a wall and then tell all his mates, who were trying to calm it all down, to f**k off.
Same old norherners if you ask me..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 10 2005,08:32)]
[b said:
[b said:

It wasn't so much that though, it was the way we were spoken to by the officer who we asked for help. Totally unacceptable.
Ipswich Blue i do agree, Police being Police won't tolerate that (whether rightly or wrongly, and no matter how much our point was valid, which is was) but as grow men you should deal with it maturely. Which they definitely didn't do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 09 2005,22:32)]Also once in the car did you see about four police vans come charging down the road what was all that about.
Some tw*ts tried to kick something off outside a bus stop about 10 feet away from where one cop van, festooned with cameras was watching their every move.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 10 2005,09:59)]Its funny that people on here slag people off and laugh at them for the things that happened against Cardiff a few years ago. Remember ? All the kids running off, yet whenever there is a bit of bother, everyone slags them off ?
I think theres a difference between giving it 'the big i am' then running away when it turns nasty as opposed to walking back to your car minding your own business and getting set upon by chavs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ May 10 2005,10:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 10 2005,09:59)]Its funny that people on here slag people off and laugh at them for the things that happened against Cardiff a few years ago. Remember ? All the kids running off, yet whenever there is a bit of bother, everyone slags them off ?
I think theres a difference between giving it 'the big i am' then running away when it turns nasty as opposed to walking back to your car minding your own business and getting set upon by chavs.
I know this comment will come in for abuse, but i for one would of felt safer leaving the ground with Big Ginge about, lets be honest the police werent gonna help us out. In times like that its nice to have someone who will give you a helping hand. Some people on here think that if you talk nicely and act politliy you wont get whacked.

If I was being run at by 10 or so scag heads looking for trouble, I'd much rather have people like Ginge about than the Humberside Police who seemed quite happy to lets these idiots start trouble.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 10 2005,08:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 10 2005,08:32)]
[b said:
[b said:

It wasn't so much that though, it was the way we were spoken to by the officer who we asked for help. Totally unacceptable.
Ipswich Blue i do agree, Police being Police won't tolerate that (whether rightly or wrongly, and no matter how much our point was valid, which is was) but as grow men you should deal with it maturely. Which they definitely didn't do.
The actions of the police were bang out of order and appear to be the norm for the day.

Whilst I don't agree with the comments made to the police the way you say your mate was handled was a disgrace and should be reported. Although I fear that as ever nothing will happen

I certainly did not mean any offence to you and your mates

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ May 10 2005,10:44)]i for one would of felt safer leaving the ground with Big Ginge about, lets be honest the police werent gonna help us out. In times like that its nice to have someone who will give you a helping hand. Some people on here think that if you talk nicely and act politliy you wont get whacked.
He was there though wasn't he? Or do we have a runaway winner of the Shrimperzone fancy dress competition?
smile.gif

I can think of nothing worse than having somebody who can look after themselves near me, most people looking for a fight won't pick on people who aren't interested, they look for the people who will take them on so if you've got somebody like that around you I would have thought that you're much more likely to get caught up in something.

And generally I think being polite, or better still not talking to anybody who looks like they might want to whack you, will protect you from most trouble.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ipswich Blue @ May 10 2005,10:51)]I certainly did not mean any offence to you and your mates
You didn't, don't worry.
Frustrations boiled over but, once again, the Police made the whole situation ten times worse.
God, Saturday was just a terrible day all round.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katecat @ May 10 2005,11:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ May 10 2005,10:44)]i for one would of felt safer leaving the ground with Big Ginge about, lets be honest the police werent gonna help us out. In times like that its nice to have someone who will give you a helping hand. Some people on here think that if you talk nicely and act politliy you wont get whacked.
He was there though wasn't he? Or do we have a runaway winner of the Shrimperzone fancy dress competition?  
smile.gif

I can think of nothing worse than having somebody who can look after themselves near me, most people looking for a fight won't pick on people who aren't interested, they look for the people who will take them on so if you've got somebody like that around you I would have thought that you're much more likely to get caught up in something.

And generally I think being polite, or better still not talking to anybody who looks like they might want to whack you, will protect you from most trouble.
Well both of those points don't work. I started this topic and being polite got me or my pal nowhere we had to fight we had no choice or I would have been curled up in a ball on the floor waiting for the thuds to stop! But of course being polite and asking the crack head loons who attacked us to stop would have worked in your eyes I suppose. The joke is I can look after myself and so can my friend, but unless you give that impression off either by body language or just being a great lump who would know?? Sorry mate don't mean to be aggresive but Saturday has really got me and I hope I never go to that place again, unfortunately being the way I am I would relish the chance to get my own back, hopefully that feeling will fade in time to come. I hate bullies and 8 on to 2 is bullying, Northern Scum all of them. Fish and chips are quality though!

[b said:
[b said:
smile.gif

I agree in most circumstamces to keep your head down is the right thing to do, but on Saturday the Grimbsy fans werent being selective, anyone in a Southend shirt was fair game.

Grimbsy fans were cowards starting on old men and people with their familes, I for one would find it hard to walk pass someone who was starting trouble with an elderly person or someone with a family.

It would be nice to have someone like Ginge to step in,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 09 2005,18:22)]But the toerag who done our car in the hotel carpark the next morning.......

Ever tried getting replacement glass for a daewoo on a sunday in Grimsby, Temp replacement fitted around 4.30 - 5.00 last night and we really didn't fancy the trip home, so another night in the hotel was on the cards

So tickets , Travel and one night in a hotel (plus buckets of Beer on saturday night) was increased by 220 quid for the car to be fixed and another 70 for the hotel. (plus further expense for fresh underwear etc due to the unexpected extra night !!)

Good to meet the scottish Contingent, Glasgow SuFC and his dad, Shrimper in a kilt and his tribe and the Scot from Grenock whose name I didn't get but was talking to my missus.
Great to meet you & your good lady too!
I can't believe your car got done, I didn't see any evidence of any break-ins in the car park. Although somebody scraped my motor but I put that down to dodgy driving!

Sorry we never caught up again during the rest of the weekend, too gutted for words! Still, the champagne promise still rings true for Cardiff, IF we get there!!!

A SUFC supporting Scot from Greenock, WHO IS THIS?
rock.gif
Do they post on here or any of the other boards?
Siak, The Scottish Shrimpers Official Supporters Club may now be a real possibility!!!

[b said:
[b said:
smile.gif
Indeed, he was there. In fact, unless I was very much mistaken, when he went on the pitch at the end of the game he was trying to get the other Southend fans off the pitch, by beckoning them off. That's what I think he was doing, anyway.

Back