• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

A Dark Song - Arty occult horror starring Steve Oram from Sightseers. Bit slow but it has its moments. Wortha match if you like that kind of thing. 6/10

Journeyman - Paddy Considine plays an old boxer who gets serious brain injuries after a final fight. Jodie Whitaker is the wife who has to go through hell with him afterwards. Great acting but not much of a story really. Definitely worth a watch. 8/10

Toy Story 4: More of the same and not as funny as 1-3 but still a blast. Stay for the best bit during the credits. 8/10

Fisherman's Friends - beautiful scenery, beautiful music, beautiful Tuppence Middleton :Cool:, but a standard not particularly funny story. Watchable fluff. 7/10

Caught up Hateful 8 this weekend. Quentin Tarantino and law of diminishing returns. By far and away his worst film, and Django was fairly awful. Needed a good 45 mins chopped out, too much cartoon violence, liberal sprinking of the N word. 5/10

I hope he pulls it back with what is allegedly his swan song, but his first 3 films are still the pinacle of his career.

Watched First Man on Sky

Was a bit disappointed, liked the back ground to the space race, but bit of a slow burner
Like the Jim White scene when training

7/10

The Ritual - 4 middle-aged men on a walking holiday in Sweden forget the age old horror film staple of not staying on the path. It's ok. Available on Netflix 7/10

Caught up Hateful 8 this weekend. Quentin Tarantino and law of diminishing returns. By far and away his worst film, and Django was fairly awful. Needed a good 45 mins chopped out, too much cartoon violence, liberal sprinking of the N word. 5/10

I hope he pulls it back with what is allegedly his swan song, but his first 3 films are still the pinacle of his career.

Couldn't disagree more, loved Hateful Eight, and his last couple are far less violent than his early films (and he's always been known for cartoon violence?!). Saw Once Upon A Time in Hollywood this week, powerhouse performances from Pitt & DiCaprio, you'll probably hate it.

Couldn't disagree more, loved Hateful Eight, and his last couple are far less violent than his early films (and he's always been known for cartoon violence?!). Saw Once Upon A Time in Hollywood this week, powerhouse performances from Pitt & DiCaprio, you'll probably hate it.

Well I certainly won't be bothering the cinema with it though no doubt I'll watch it.

Last time I went to the Cinema was to see the 'Lords of the Rings' films. I wait till they come out on DVD & buy them for £7 from Morrisons!.
(Tight old git!! ).

I can't remember the last "adult" film I saw at the cinema. I see a load of kids movies, and the last time I went with just the missus was Avengers....and that's hardly an adult film!

Iron Sky, The Coming Race. Bloody terrible unless you are a fan of B Movies. In which case, bloody great. Got to be a must see for B fans.

Serious film - 0/10
B Movie 9/10

Iciar Bollain's Yuli scripted by Paul Laverty,her husband and Ken Loach's usual scriptwriter.Very much a Cuban Billy Elliot (without the miners' strike or 80's pop soundtrack).

Back