• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw “get out” on terrestrial tv last night. I didn’t think it was Oscar worthy, but still a very good film. I recorded it and re watched a few bits back as I realised I had missed some very clever bits
7.5 maybe an 8, well worth a watch.
I would call it a thriller more than a horror

Shaun The Sheep: Farmageddon - Excellent as you'd expect from Aardman. Spot the many, many sci-fi references. 9/10

Zombieland: Double Tap.

Similar formula to the first, hilarious and a lot of fun, but obviously not as fresh. 7/10.

Also my 61st film of the year with my Cineworld Unlimited card. I’ll miss out on my target of 100 but still not a bad innings.

Costa-Gavras's Adults in the room.Not sure the subject matter is all that cinematic-certainly compared to Z-but it's always an interesting film.Must get round to reading Yanis Varoufakis's book one of these days.

Mary & Max - animation of a lonely young Australian girl and an severely autistic middle aged New Yorker who form a very unlikely friendship via letters & chocolate.

At the same time grotesque and incredibly sweet. Excellent, but definitely not one for the kids. 9/10

Caught up with The Corpse Bride yesterday afternoon. Not seen it in ages. Not as good as The Nightmare Before Christmas, the songs are forgettable, but still a solid 7.5/10

Bumblebee 7/10 - Not the best of the Transformers series but it’s not bad.

Joker 3/10. Crap

For Sama 10/10. Probably the most incredible documentary I’ve ever seen

For Sama - Humanistic Documentary or Slick War Propaganda?

I'm going to plump for the latter. I'm guessing not many have considered that this 'documentary' is a ninety minute advertisement for more neocon intervensionism in Syria. I would consider mental illness, the collapse of the American mental health safety net and the general degradation of society as a slightly worthier project, but hey, what do I know?

For Sama - Humanistic Documentary or Slick War Propaganda?

I'm going to plump for the latter. I'm guessing not many have considered that this 'documentary' is a ninety minute advertisement for more neocon intervensionism in Syria. I would consider mental illness, the collapse of the American mental health safety net and the general degradation of society as a slightly worthier project, but hey, what do I know?
Your hyperlink doesn't work.

Have you watched For Sama?

Back