• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Escobar: Paradise Lost (Paraiso Perdido) on DVD lat night.It's a gripping account with the always excellent Benicio Del Toro at PE and also Josh Hutcherson,who will be known to some-not me-from The Hunger Games.Good 2015 film which really deserves a wider audience.

Rampage - When three different animals become infected with a dangerous pathogen, a primatologist and a geneticist team up to stop them from destroying Chicago. Sounds a bit deep? Nah, not with Dwayne Johnson heading the cast. Described as brainless blockbuster by some critics and maybe it is, but I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout. Some very funny laugh out loud moments and you just can help loving George the Gorilla. 7/10 well worth a couple of hours of your time if you're tired of having to think deeply about a film.

Queimada.(Burn) Pontecorvo's 1969 film with Marlon Brando,partly set/filmed in Cartegna,Colombia.Interesting.Brando does a better English accent in this, than in the remake oi Mutiny on the Bounty as Fletcher Christian,.

Been out a couple of years now but caught The Lincoln Lawyer for the first time the other day on t.v. - what an excellent movie - easily an 8/10. Matthew McConaughey's a very fine actor.

The Predator - Predator, new hybrid predators, predator hunting dogs, Autistic kids, rag tag bunch of heroes with mental disorders and tourettes. Sounds ridiculous but its actually really good, goes into the depths of what scientists have found out about predators and why they hunt and finishes begging for a sequel. This one really surprised me, wasn't expecting much 8/10

Been out a couple of years now but caught The Lincoln Lawyer for the first time the other day on t.v. - what an excellent movie - easily an 8/10. Matthew McConaughey's a very fine actor.

Do they not show films in prison then? :Winking::Whistling::Smile:

Extra smileys to show I am joking here!

Watched 3 films on recent flights to Florida & back.
1. Return to Jumangi, imo not a patch on the original.
2. The Negotiator- liked this, worth watching.
3. Horror Stories - Enjoyed it, not scary but couldn't fathom out the moral of it. Mind you I watched it in the early hrs of the morning, was knackered at the time.

King of Thieves- 7/10 good cast and very easy to watch, quite comical in places without being unrealistically so. Enjoyed it

Half way through American Animals. Really enjoyable, mixing the real people with the actors. Looking forward to the rest tonight.

Watched 3 films on recent flights to Florida & back.
1. Return to Jumangi, imo not a patch on the original.
2. The Negotiator- liked this, worth watching.
3. Horror Stories - Enjoyed it, not scary but couldn't fathom out the moral of it. Mind you I watched it in the early hrs of the morning, was knackered at the time.

Really? Loved it. Very funny, very good action.

Also saw King of Thieves at weekend. Good yarn, great to see the old boys acting together. Don't take your grandma, language is a bit blue!!

The Predator - Predator, new hybrid predators, predator hunting dogs, Autistic kids, rag tag bunch of heroes with mental disorders and tourettes. Sounds ridiculous but its actually really good, goes into the depths of what scientists have found out about predators and why they hunt and finishes begging for a sequel. This one really surprised me, wasn't expecting much 8/10
I watched it last week. I wasn’t expecting much , and it is a “leave your brain at the door “ film, almost tongue in cheek, but it was better than expected 7/10 for me

Ironically the films & the actors in those Hatton Garden heist films have made substantially more money than the real criminals and the heist itself (which seeing as they all got nicked, is no surprise).

Ironically the films & the actors in those Hatton Garden heist films have made substantially more money than the real criminals and the heist itself (which seeing as they all got nicked, is no surprise).
There is one still at large who got away with a diamond worth £1m plus cash if the film is to be believed. Although I'm sure the actors combined wages top that

Back