• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I genuinely don’t think he cared much for the fight. Fury has a habit of going through phases of being a bit odd and his bipolar could be a reason for not giving a **** about it.

It sounds like I’m making excuses for him because I am! Fury is without a doubt the best heavyweight in the division. His trilogy with Wilder will go down as one of the greatest trilogies in the history of boxing! I’d love him to be mentally and physically fit for every fight because he is unreal when on form.

Totally agree the other idiots that share the same name as him let him down. In a similar vain other fights have hangers on who bring their fighters down and advise them wrong. BJS and AJ come to mind!

I’d love Fury to put on a clinic against Usyk and walk off into the sunset with all the belts (won’t happen anyway because of greedy sanctioning bodies).

I see Hearn has come out and said Fury should fight AJ now because he would beat him 🤣 always has to make anything about him!
This mate is my issue. If it was just purely about the boxing and not the hype, money and box office then Fury might get his head down and just train and be in peak condition for every fight. All the other crap gets in the way and makes it difficult to respect him. Peak Fury doesn’t give Ngannou a look in but he lets him put him on the canvas. And let’s face it he was lucky (or it was dodgy, worst case). No doubt we will see a better Tyson against Usyk. As for fighting AJ, don’t make me laugh.

This mate is my issue. If it was just purely about the boxing and not the hype, money and box office then Fury might get his head down and just train and be in peak condition for every fight. All the other crap gets in the way and makes it difficult to respect him. Peak Fury doesn’t give Ngannou a look in but he lets him put him on the canvas. And let’s face it he was lucky (or it was dodgy, worst case). No doubt we will see a better Tyson against Usyk. As for fighting AJ, don’t make me laugh.
They need to follow the UFC model, every fight is a big fight, you go up the rankings, if you don’t want to fight the person at 2 then 3 gets a chance. But the person at 2 then gets moved down the rankings.

None of these elite fighters vs journey men or money fights.

Fury wouldn’t have stood a chance against any of the 70s or 80s greats. I also think if Bruno connected he wouldn’t get up. Heavyweight boxing is sinking lower month by month fuelled by the muppets that buy tickets or pay per view. Everything stinks. The rankings, the judging, the money. Whatever happened to mandatory defences?

I genuinely don’t think he cared much for the fight. Fury has a habit of going through phases of being a bit odd and his bipolar could be a reason for not giving a **** about it.

It sounds like I’m making excuses for him because I am! Fury is without a doubt the best heavyweight in the division. His trilogy with Wilder will go down as one of the greatest trilogies in the history of boxing! I’d love him to be mentally and physically fit for every fight because he is unreal when on form.

Totally agree the other idiots that share the same name as him let him down. In a similar vain other fights have hangers on who bring their fighters down and advise them wrong. BJS and AJ come to mind!

I’d love Fury to put on a clinic against Usyk and walk off into the sunset with all the belts (won’t happen anyway because of greedy sanctioning bodies).

I see Hearn has come out and said Fury should fight AJ now because he would beat him 🤣 always has to make anything about him!
To be fair to Ngannou, he didn't look like a guy who was chancing it. I've seen a couple of these mma fighters try boxing and Ngannou was different. I'm not getting carried away but I'd like to see him fight again, he has sparked a curiosity. Very calm and very sensible, obviously knew his limitations and formed a game plan based on those limitations. The only hint you got that he wasn't a boxer was the flying punch near the end when he smelled blood 😂 that was very MMA.

I think you are right that Fury is the best in the heavyweight division. It's the size that sets him apart, I think he's just going to be too big and too awkward for Usyk. I would love Usyk to beat him though, far more likable, professional and doesn't contradict himself. I think Tyson did so well redeeming himself and winning everyone over, including me. It's almost sad that he's undoing all that.

As for Hearn, we all know he is wrong but he does really support and promote his man. I think AJ is lucky to have him

I used to be Tysons biggest fan and followed him right from the start , but when he started saying things about gays I went right of him .

Watched a replay on you tube, of the most boring fight i have ever seen, Shakur Stevenson, seriously who would waste money going to see him ,he runs faster than Mayweather ever did, absolutely boring !!!!

Watched a replay on you tube, of the most boring fight i have ever seen, Shakur Stevenson, seriously who would waste money going to see him ,he runs faster than Mayweather ever did, absolutely boring !!!!
It really was, I’m not about Compubox stats but this did make me laugh:

De Los Santos' total of 40 landed punches is the lowest for a 12-round fight ever recorded by CompuBox.

Fair play to AJ, he's back, with a bang, or two or three. A brilliant performance. He's never hit so hard. Don't forget that Ngannou took Tyson Fury all the way, and only lost on a controversial split decision. AJ seems to have shaken off the mental demons he was going through that badly affected his boxing.

Let’s not forget this is an MMA fighter in his 2nd boxing fight. Regardless of thoughts on the Fury fight he lost. Just because AJ knocked out Ngannou doesn’t mean he’s going to steamroll through Fury.

Look at Fury’s history, when the opponents are lower level he doesn’t take things seriously and puts in lacklustre performances. You will see 100% focussed Fury against Usyk and it will be the same against AJ.

Do you really think Fury will leave his chin as open as Ngannou did for AJ to get those rights in!

Remember one swallow doesn’t make it summer!

I get that Ricey. But as you say, Ngannou was an MMA fighter. That makes Fury's performance against him even worse. Fury can be hit with big bombs as we've seen in the past. He's been knocked down a few times. Sometimes looking down and out and just surviving the count. I think even he would have been knocked out last night.

I get that Ricey. But as you say, Ngannou was an MMA fighter. That makes Fury's performance against him even worse. Fury can be hit with big bombs as we've seen in the past. He's been knocked down a few times. Sometimes looking down and out and just surviving the count. I think even he would have been knocked out last night.
I fear you’ve bought into the BS. Heavyweight boxing is now a money spinning circus with Fury as its ringmaster with thousands of muppets lining his pockets.

I fear you’ve bought into the BS. Heavyweight boxing is now a money spinning circus with Fury as its ringmaster with thousands of muppets lining his pockets.
It's always been about money, from the Don King days. Only now the boxers have more say and promote themselves, and barter for their contract. As the World wide audience has grown through technology, then of course the money has got ridiculous. Pay per view has a lot to do with that. You say Fury is the ringmaster, are you saying the fights he has are bent, and AJ won't be allowed to beat him if it happens?

Back