• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
What a nightmare... we got our tickets pretty late and ended up with a choice of first or last row. I chose last and things were looking good as the hard rain lashed down before kick-off...

But we quickly realised that we couldnt see the opposite end of the pitch without ducking down - but people standing in front made it virtually impossible. I thought we were gonna have 'an Oxford' as fans shouted and argued about sitting down etc. f**king stupid stadium...

Anyway, my feeling of the first half is that we had all the pressure (only because I dont remember having to duck much to watch the other end). Best chance fell to Petts who's half-volley was snatched and sailed over the bar.

Second half we re-located to the disabled enclosure to the right of the Blues fans for a grounds-eye and probably not much better view, but it was better than constantly up and down - so if you saw 2 guys and 2 gals shivering on there own over that side, that was us...

The second-half seemed a frantic affair, with Grimsby coming back into the game and we resorted to panic lumps. Gray did nothing, a description that could be labelled at a lot of the players today. Rumours were going round about other scores, that was doing my head in, but when the word was raised about Bury with us at 1-1, we went totally spastic - even Flavs was trying to get the score as the match was going on.

Wasnt to be though and it was not lost today. We were top of the league and had it all in our hands and a combination of bad form, injury and some odd team selection has cost us dear. I fear if we will even get to Cardiff, let alone break the seeming jinx...

Final point about the Grimsby 'fans' today. Absolutely shocking scenes. If the FA look at the Bury game, they should also look at ours as it was so obvious the ref got edgy about blowing up. NO announcements by the PA (i.e. "DONT GO ON THE PITCH") NO attempt by police/stewards to stop it and it was lucky that with so many Blues in the ground that something major did not kick off (minor scuffles on the pitch). Best bit of the day was the PA saying "SORRY, BUT SOUTHEND WILL NOT COME OUT TO SEE THE FANS" - 2 seconds later, Kevin Maher came bounding out the tunnel dragging the other guys with him. To be fair, probably wasnt the smartest thing to do as it brought the 2 crowds of fans together again - to be seperated by horses :-(

Walking back to the car, it seemed to be kicking off all over the place and a big incident at the pub seemed to be the hub... Ho-Hum...

i totally agree with you with regards to the standing up larky what a nightmare. I took my 2 kids with me today and one of them could not see a thing.

I could not believe my eyes when the crowd was also allowed on 4 minutes before the end and noone done a bloody thing.

Also i love Tilly but why the hell did he put an extra striker on with only 5 minutes to go? Surely he should have done it with at least 20 minutes to go. The whole day was one big f**k up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pitsea shrimper @ May 07 2005,21:08)]The whole day was one big f**k up.
Stretching it a bit far?

Yes, the ground was a joke but anyone who's been there before would have told you that. Yes, the Grimsby fans were your typical brain-dead northen tw*ts and were very lucky not to get a good hiding.

But, in the circumstances, I thought the performance was pretty decent but yet again Lady Lucky was not smiling on us. Did Grimsby have a clear cut chance because I can't recall one (99 times out of 100 their goal chance would have ended up in row z)? In contrast, we had 5 or so very decent chances.

Ultimately we didn't take our chances to give us the win we deserved.

Can't believe we've only taken 4 points from the last 5 games. Although the performances haven't been fantastic we've deserved much more than just the 4 points.

The away support was immense. Very proud to be a Shrimper today.

Chins up for the play-offs. Even if we don't go up (and we certainly deserve to) we've had a decent season and are moving very much in the right direction.

Just like to say a big congratulations to Grimsby on a great performance and a big load of encouragement to Northampton because if we can beat you, anyone can!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 07 2005,21:22)]Just like to say a big congratulations to Grimsby on a great performance and a big load of encouragement to Northampton because if we can beat you, anyone can!
Yea, you'd think so - but 4th in the league, chance of going up, where you and Dingy-Ling's barmy army suffer another mid-table dross filled season...

Enjoying playing Barnet next year...

Back