• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Grimsby Town 0-0 Southend United

Can't see MM resting JD before the next batch of games are done. He relies on him for stability and as his voice on the pitch. I would think after the next batch that are all close together he will have a 1 game break or maybe sit on the bench for one as an injection will be nearly a couple of months overdue

Last edited:
It wont help if we are without Demi , during tough times, Thought he had a very good game today actually, but how many yellows is that now ? and is that the third for yet again kicking the ball away, Rather silly if we lose him for yet more petulant and unnecessary time wasting from our ex International Captain. We were on top and starting to look like a Molesley side that scores late on?
He got suspended for 5 before the 19th game and I think can collect a further 5 before another suspension? (4 after today)

Anyone know why Louis Walsh wasn't on the bench? I probably missed it in the pre-match thread.

I feel it's not that unusual for a combative defensive central mid. but that's just opinion. Don't know stats of other players in other teams
I think had Macca played the same amount of minutes it would be similar

I do take that point get that you and maybe accurate on the stats , it would be interesting to compare . I think he has played much better the last 2 games and I want to see him stay there. But these are also repeated silly acts of unnecessary petulance, David Beckham flicked that leg once and we saw him as a very silly boy

I do take that point get that you and maybe accurate on the stats , it would be interesting to compare . I think he has played much better the last 2 games and I want to see him stay there. But these are also repeated silly acts of unnecessary petulance, David Beckham flicked that leg once and we saw him as a very silly boy

Can't disagree Barry C
Definitely a bit of petulance aggression and red mist when he crosses the touchline onto the pitch. A subjective fine line between passion and petulance
Like so many with that playing trait, I know it's the opposite off the pitch.

Last edited:
If I was the Arsenal U23 manager I probably wouldn’t want my players getting kicked to bits in this league.

absolutely - and left on the pitch unable to run - not sure what our bench were thinking but it looked really poor when he had to go down to get off

terrible game

terrible ref

terrible pitch

but we had the better players and more talent .... we should have got a result ...

apart from one smart move from a corner a lack of guile and ambition cost us.

I feel it's not that unusual for a combative defensive central mid. but that's just opinion. Don't know stats of other players in other teams
I think had Macca played the same amount of minutes it would be similar

I would agree if the yellows were due to him being combative.. but most of them are for dissent... Unprofessional behaviour

Just had a chat with Sam Hart, he said it was brutal out there today and Grimsby the dirtiest team they've played this season. Happy with clean sheet and the point but obviously could have been better. Said the pitch was only just about playable especially camera side of the ground, the ref ..... no comment

Just had a chat with Sam Hart, he said it was brutal out there today and Grimsby the dirtiest team they've played this season. Happy with clean sheet and the point but obviously could have been better. Said the pitch was only just about playable especially camera side of the ground, the ref ..... no comment
Clear to see Grimsby played with intent to foul and hurt our lads at every opportunity. Luckily we only had one casualty in Olayinka, but I can only think we won't sign him on any longer if he's picked up a nasty injury today. A typical Paul Hurst team, dire and aggressive. Shame we couldn't nick it but the pitch was a disgrace, as was the referee.

Back