• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
We have lost our way recently in the final third.Too many defences are playing square onto us.We are bereft of ideas once our midfield have exchanged passes.Marky G flies down the wing only to turn inside.JCR goes down the wing quicker than anyone but stops to look for support.Everyone looks to play Maher the ball from wide positions.Fred and Ginger recieve the ball then play to either Maher or the wings who are in line with Maher.

Now then,can you all see what's happening here?Out of all those scenarios above that we see happen week in and out,have we managed once to turn their defenders around and face their goal? NO.Playing like this means we take the ball forward,then back a bit,then sideways.Because we are not Arsenal but instead players from the bargain bucket,we do lose the ball somewhere along this passage of play.

WE COULD lump it over their defence to run onto.(Tried and failed dismally against Hull)
WE COULD get down the flanks,beat any covering defenders and cross or shoot.(see points made on JCR and Gower above)
OR WE COULD confuse the opposition by overlapping runs and coming out of position.

Third option seems best to me,and there is one player who does exactly that .Young Mr Hooper.He runs at players whether out wide or thru middle.He SHOOTS on sight.He battles endlessley and chases lost causes.

HOOPER CREATES FU%&ING MAYHEM.And this young kid has been the reason for any turn around we have talked about recently.JCR,swap wings please,Hoops just has to play in your position wide right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 29 2006,16:46)]HOOPER CREATES FU%&ING MAYHEM.And this young kid has been the reason for any turn around we have talked about recently.JCR,swap wings please,Hoops just has to play in your position wide right.
Hooper has the potential to be better than Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_ladies_no10 @ Nov. 29 2006,17:22)]Hooper has the potential to be better than Eastwood.
So we keep hearing. I want to see some more concrete proof before believing such bold statements.

If he is half as good as people are building him up to be, I'll be ecstatic
biggrin.gif

I think we should play 5-4-1

Flavs, Hunt, Wilson, Sodje, Barrett, Clarke, Maher, McCormack, Moussa, Gower, Bradbury, Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 29 2006,17:29)]I think we should play 5-4-1

Flavs, Hunt, Wilson, Sodje, Barrett, Clarke, Maher, McCormack, Moussa, Gower, Bradbury, Eastwood.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But won't the ref spot that we have 12 players on the pitch?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Nov. 29 2006,17:43)]see moaning again
laugh.gif

sorry Matty, I'll try not to do it again..

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Nov. 29 2006,17:43)]see moaning again
I dont' know whether you actually believe that statement but if you do then you're being pretty naive. All of the posts in this topic are constructive.

Anyway, so what if people are moaning - we're bottom of the league, reason enough to moan I'd say. Of course I remember that a few seasons ago we were sitting near the bottom of League 2, but that doesn't change the fact that we couldn't be doing any worse this season in terms of league position. In my opinion football is all about people's opinions, and moaning forms a large part of that.

i think we should stick to 442
Flavs
francis sodje barrett hammell
jcr maher mccormack gower
eastwood
hooper

eastwood should be just behind in a floating role. this gives him the freedom to get the ball and create chances. hooper always looking to get in behind the defence.

i reckon as its the festive season we should adopt the christmas tree formation

FRANCIS EFE SPINNER HAMMEL

MAHER CLARKE MCCORMACK

HOOPER EASTWOOD

BRADBURY

This way bradbury can hold the ball up while hooper and eastwood support and when we lose the ball hooper moves on to the tight wing and eastwood supports bradders up front. it could work

Back