• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've been thinking about the comments made by myself and others on this board lately and we have to try and stay positive and believe!

I know we're on a bad run at the moment but the season is still very much young. There is a long time to go yet and things could get better! If we can just get 1 win, the players confidence and our confidence WILL go up. If we can all come together and believe then it is possible we will survive.

The good thing we can take from most games is we havent been playing badly but we have been making silly defensive errors. These CAN be sorted out. Tilly and Brush will be working all the hours god sends to sort this out and after all these two have done for Southend United, they WILL sort it.

If we can pick up wins at home we'll be alright. Fans getting on the players backs isnt going to help! We already know the players feel the pressure at home and how do you think it makes them feel when they're bottom of the Championship with no support from there own fans! We must get behind the lads 100% and pull them through this.

It was only afew years ago we were in League 2, struggling at the bottom. We are in the Championship and now we're all acting like kids at Christmas. We have been spoilt and when things dont go our way we moan. We shouldnt be moaning we should be gratefull we are here in the first place! Things arnt always going to be rosy but when things are bad, we need to pull together.

IMO we have a good run coming up with games that CAN be won. 4 of the next 6 games are at home and again, IMO, all home games are very winnable. The two away games inbetween those are two sides that came up with us (Col******r and Barnsley). Again, the two away games are very winnable. If we can get afew wins in here, confidence will go up and maybe, just maybe we can go on a little run. if we won the 4 home games that would give us 22 points and something to build on. We arnt the only ones at the bottom who look a shambles. Leeds, Hull and Barnsley are all looking bad at the moment aswell. IMO these teams at the moment dont look like putting wins together so we are far from already down like alot of people are saying.

Im so glad we didnt have Shrimperzone the last time we were here because I think we all would of commited suicide by now! It was hard then and we pulled through. Things off the pitch look so much better now than they did then and we have two great managers who love the club and have Southend United firmly in their hearts. The team isnt sh!te, they've proved over the last two years they're good and they deserve to be where they are. We only have to look at Col******r to show whats possible with afew wins and confidence. They havent made alot of changes since league 1 but there fans are probably just enjoying being here and dont have high expectations. I bet they didnt get on the players backs at the start of the season like we have, they didnt have a great start and they pulled through and are doing great now and so can we!

Stop getting on the players backs and moaning. Be proud of where we are and dont forget where we've come from. Get behind the team and can we please stop the bickering between ourselves.

I appologise for going on abit.

Lets look forward to Tuesday and whatever the result, lets enjoy it!

Well said, Mighty Shrimper. We might pull through this yet, but we sure as hell won't if the players lose our support now.

Back