• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Even if we knew for certain that RM basically bankrolled the club and absorbed all the losses it seems 100% certain that he has run out of money and/or credit. He must have done so otherwise he would have paid staff, HMRC, Shrimpers Trust etc. on time.
He is probably spending time on a daily basis trying to secure further funding but he is almost certainly an extremely bad credit-risk. It seems that the position we are in is that we are a loss making business (like most clubs) and have run out of funds. That spells either disaster or administration. He really should be looking to sell the club or at least a large chunk of it.
At the end of the day, a potential purchaser could be attracted by the planning permission for Fossetts Farm together with the reasonable potential for a small club to become much bigger eg Reading etc.
What would you do if your own household ran out of money, you would firstly look to cut your costs and try and find extra finance from somewhere. Martin has done the first but can't seem to come up with the second.
The guy should be looking to sell all or part and bail himself and the rest of us out from impending disaster.
With regard to other posts re: players wages, nobody knows what individual salaries players were paid, it is all speculation.

hopefully this will be short but i have just had enough of the moaners on here and 606 p.s these are just my views as a loyal blue, business man & a man who knows his football inside out.

What happened last season happened was Ron to blame?
In my eyes the guy put money into the club trying to keep us in the championship then when it didn’t work he tried to keep the "top players" in hope we would get back to the championship so yes it backfired but i support the fact he tried (remember he has been putting millions into the club for years so none of this where the Freddy money any one in Business will no the money would have been more than gone will debt left)

Fossest's Farm should we of just stayed at RH?
yes we could of stayed at roots hall and according to some people wouldn’t be in this mess but if you look back "on paper" we have been making pretyt big losses and soon either Ron would walk or the club would have to close simple really.
Im glad he has gone for it and from what i hear Sainsbury’s WILL NOT stat work on RH until we are in FF even if you dont believe them it would be a PR disaster?

We should of kept Tilson?
before i start can i say i am a Massive Tilly fan i think he is a nice guy and a Legend but for me i have to say we went down and its the MANAGERS fault yes there was money problems but were not the only club who's players wasnt getting paid ala Crystal Palace plus i ask myself if Tilson had started the season with a handful of contracted players would he have enough contact in his little black book to feel a team sheet i think NO.

i say while the season is in full swing lets not dwell on last season and instead give the CLUB are full backing i don’t no about you lot but i bleed blue, southend till i die and hate col u?

lastly the people who dot come to RH now because Ron is in charge in my eyes you are not fans so why not go support Grays or something i can understand this "Ron isnt getting my money" and i felt like that after we went down but i am to blue to to able to give the team a miss.

Thanks for reading this is my first Rant

were do you suggest we do our moaning on the terraces??? to there face?? surely the whole point of a fans message zone is to air your views what ever they maybe and to keep the terraces free of all the negatives???

Ron Martin is splitting this club in 2 and one day Ihope every southend fan see's this.
By the way Andy I agree lets slag him off in the ground and keep the message board all positive!!!!!

were do you suggest we do our moaning on the terraces??? to there face?? surely the whole point of a fans message zone is to air your views what ever they maybe and to keep the terraces free of all the negatives???

Can't argue with that. Besides which we wouldn't have much of a board if everyone's views coincided.

What would you do if your own household ran out of money, you would firstly look to cut your costs and try and find extra finance from somewhere. Martin has done the first but can't seem to come up with the second.

But hasn't he done that with the sainsburys money? Cut the wage bill and got them to bankroll the club for the immediate future?

How many football clubs actually make money? I think its far fewer than the number who go into administration, let alone those who rack up big losses. Is it really that unbelievable to imagine that we were losing money? This isn't complete guesswork, there's a lot of information out there that we can base our estimates on and these all point to us losing money.

There is more truth in this than anything else anyone has said. If you look across the country at most league and non-league clubs, there is a huge trend of financial loss, so we are by no means unique. The sad fact is that to be competitive on the pitch at any level, there is a high chance that the wage bill will be greater than the gate receipts. But as soon as you factor in the other running costs, if there is no other significant sources of income, there is very little chance of long term stability.

The bottom line is that football clubs, throughout the leagues, are in the main not financially viable. This means that many clubs should probably not exist, and would not exist if they were true commercial businesses. Unfortunately, our club is one of these many, and much as I am not happy with the way our affairs have been managed, I cant see there is any alternative.

Back