• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Give me strength . We can all quote examples, the list against your point would be somewhat bigger. Instead of being argumentative all the time consider reading what people write and their opinion. Other people think that long term their careers would develop better, and therefore the money would follow if they stayed. You disagree, I get that. But your point that therefore they should leave now ,BASED on the specific post you were replying too made no sense. You are now doing your standard moving the goalposts.

I will be quite clear you think they would be better off staying at Southend for career reasons. I don't. That is not being argumentative that is what I believe.

This is a public forum for discussion so why get upset if some one doesn't agree with you. Or is the zone for your unchallenged opinion only.

Just noted in latest local press that PFA player of the year Bradley Dack , ( Gillingham ) who lives close to Palace , may be subject to a £2.5m bid from that club. He and someone called Egan both in League one team of the year. Dacksa potential was spotted some time ago , like Jack. Dack was signed up quickly on a decent contract. Gills turned down £2m alleged offer from Bristol City. Payne, contract run down, value at tribunal ? £200,000
Gillingham are very good at investing in youngsters and tying up contracts early with them, like Peterborough, not that long ago they sold Gazzinga ( Goalie ), under contract by the way for alleged £2.2m, plus other sales brings them in over £5m over relatively short period and helped fund team strengthening. All their prospects were ensured they were under contract early unlike Payne and Bentley?

Maybe Dan should look at what's happened with Gazzinaga? On much better money no doubt than at Gills but just 20 games between the stick at Saints over four seasons isn't what I'd call progressing his career.....

I met jack in the centre circle lounge before kick off signed my program and i asked him if he would be a shrimper next season he replied hinting that theres a good chance he would i wished him well

Just noted in latest local press that PFA player of the year Bradley Dack , ( Gillingham ) who lives close to Palace , may be subject to a £2.5m bid from that club. He and someone called Egan both in League one team of the year. Dacksa potential was spotted some time ago , like Jack. Dack was signed up quickly on a decent contract. Gills turned down £2m alleged offer from Bristol City. Payne, contract run down, value at tribunal ? £200,000
Gillingham are very good at investing in youngsters and tying up contracts early with them, like Peterborough, not that long ago they sold Gazzinga ( Goalie ), under contract by the way for alleged £2.2m, plus other sales brings them in over £5m over relatively short period and helped fund team strengthening. All their prospects were ensured they were under contract early unlike Payne and Bentley?

My Gills supporting mate tells me the Dack deal is already signed and sealed

I met jack in the centre circle lounge before kick off signed my program and i asked him if he would be a shrimper next season he replied hinting that theres a good chance he would i wished him well

Did anyone see him on the lap of honour/disgrace.

Sorry i couldn't attend yesterday. What happened?

can an anyone tell me what was reportedly stated in the e mail from JP agent?

Yes, he was on the lap of 'appreciation' mainly with the younger lads who I would guess are his mates.
I can also confirm that he was on good form in the Blues Lounge - cheerful and happy to chat with guests.

I didn't stay for long, but he was on the pitch with all the players after the game. If he goes, good luck to him. You can't begrudge someone trying to play at the highest level possible.

Walking round applauding the fans just like every other player? Just because he wasn't as animated as Adam Barrett etc I don't think means he can be labelled a disgrace.

I didn't stay for long, but he was on the pitch with all the players after the game. If he goes, good luck to him. You can't begrudge someone trying to play at the highest level possible.

I certainly don't begrudge any player moving on to a higher level. I was asking as someone said after the game that they did not see him on the pitch.

I certainly don't begrudge any player moving on to a higher level. I was asking as someone said after the game that they did not see him on the pitch.
Ok, was making a general point rather than aiming this specifically at you.

Yeah, he was crying by the time he got round the East Greens. Looked like the moment got to him. Pretty much rushed down the tunnel at the end. Saying "goodbye"? Reckon so.

I spoke to him at the Sponsors event. He said he wanted to stay (but he would say that, wouldn't he?). Personally I think another year here on a better contract would suit all, but money will eventually speak. I'll be surprised if he is here next year.

Walking round applauding the fans just like every other player? Just because he wasn't as animated as Adam Barrett etc I don't think means he can be labelled a disgrace.

I was not calling anyone a disgrace. It was a poor joke, highlighting the split opinion of us fans. Some are more then happy we have safely stayed up, others think we should have made the play-offs.

To be honest, he's not, is he? :unsure:

I met Jack in the Centre Circle lounge before kick off. He signed my programme and I asked him if he would be a Shrimper next season. He replied hinting that there's a good chance he would. I wished him well.

Interesting to hear. And it was the correct thing for Jack to say so it sounds like he is receiving some good advice in that area.

Let's be clear though. The only time Jack has to make a decision is when there are two or more offers for his services or if Southend United set a deadline when their offer is to expire. Until that time Jack is best off keeping quiet and getting on with the job of being a Southend United player.

Just noted in latest local press that PFA player of the year Bradley Dack (Gillingham) who lives close to Palace, may be subject to a £2.5m bid from that club. He and someone called Egan both in League one team of the year. Dack's potential was spotted some time ago, like Jack. Dack was signed up quickly on a decent contract. Gills turned down £2m alleged offer from Bristol City. Payne, contract run down, value at tribunal ? £200,000.
Gillingham are very good at investing in youngsters and tying up contracts early with them, like Peterborough, not that long ago they sold Gazzinga (goalie) under contract by the way for alleged £2.2m, plus other sales brings them in over £5m over relatively short period and helped fund team strengthening. All their prospects were ensured they were under contract early unlike Payne and Bentley?

I know very little about Gillingham - although that name Egan does ring a bell. :unsure:

What I do know is that the approach taken by other clubs is often lauded as the route to take ...... but only once their success is there for all to see - Leicester being a good example at the moment.

I take all that with a pinch of salt. A couple of years ago Crewe knocked us out of the play-offs and we heard all about their successful management. Strangely that doesn't seem to have been mentioned much this season. :whistling:

And I suspect we (S.U.F.C.) forget that there are many players that we let "move on" at the end of their contract (and sigh with relief) for every one promising player that slips through the net.

Hash tag: Justgivinganalternativepointofview

I think that was the 'lap of honour' could also be called a 'lap of disgrace'.

But doesn't that just sum up the season ................ fans are split between the two camps of a) we have done well to be mid-table and b) we have done poorly because we could have been in the play-offs.

Anyway "it is what it is" (as De Niro says in The Deer Hunter) ...........

As for me, I'm in camp no. 3 - completely ambivalent and thinking about next season already.

Hash tag: Lookingforwardtothesummerbreaknow

I will be quite clear you think they would be better off staying at Southend for career reasons. I don't. That is not being argumentative that is what I believe.

This is a public forum for discussion so why get upset if some one doesn't agree with you. Or is the zone for your unchallenged opinion only.
It has nothing to do with agreeing,don't be so childish, it has everything to do with reading and understanding other people's posts which you still haven't grasped.

I don't know who the agent is but rest assured his own personal interests will be right up there alongside, or above, Jack's.

Which is what I implied in the next sentence.

I truthfully don't know whether Jack Payne's agent is a dubious character or not. What is certain is that he only has Jack's interests at heart and not the club's. That way if he brokers a lucrative deal with another club then he benefits via his percentage.

Back