• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can not believe there are going to be any sorts of protests against a man who has been part of the SUFC growth over the last few years, yes he made a mistake which he has now appologised for but for a small group of fans to say they are doing this for the good of the club is ridiculous, I remember protesting against a certain vic jobson when he said he was moving the club to basildon, that is worth protesting about, my dad spitting blood about anton johnson as he stole money from the supporters and almost run the club out of exsistence, these are points worth protest, this is IMO a non event in the extreme and as I mentioned above a small group of people thinking that they are protesting for 'the good of the club' should really look at the bigger picture, under martin/king the club has doubled average attendance, enjoyed back to back promotions, three trips to the millenium, raised the profile of the club to previously unknown levels, I believe the club has made running profits in recent seasons and whether you like him or not king has been part of all that, chill out and concentrate on cheering on the players(which the boys in that part of the west always do brilliantly btw) why create negativity when we could all draw a line under it and look forward to next season and possible glory

Have you ever been spoken to by Mr King, like you are something unpleasant on his shoe?

I am not doubting this man's business sense, however he should not be allowed to interact with any customer in any form at all, due to his appalling attitude and condescending manner.

just another point plenty of people moaning about leicester fans in our end, yet there have been plenty of threads on here about us lot getting tickets in the col u/ spurs/ chelsea/ orient end, so its ok for us to get tickets in opposing teams ends but an absolute ****ing disgrace when someone else does it, pot kettle black

I can not believe there are going to be any sorts of protests against a man who has been part of the SUFC growth over the last few years, yes he made a mistake which he has now appologised for but for a small group of fans to say they are doing this for the good of the club is ridiculous, I remember protesting against a certain vic jobson when he said he was moving the club to basildon, that is worth protesting about, my dad spitting blood about anton johnson as he stole money from the supporters and almost run the club out of exsistence, these are points worth protest, this is IMO a non event in the extreme and as I mentioned above a small group of people thinking that they are protesting for 'the good of the club' should really look at the bigger picture, under martin/king the club has doubled average attendance, enjoyed back to back promotions, three trips to the millenium, raised the profile of the club to previously unknown levels, I believe the club has made running profits in recent seasons and whether you like him or not king has been part of all that, chill out and concentrate on cheering on the players(which the boys in that part of the west always do brilliantly btw) why create negativity when we could all draw a line under it and look forward to next season and possible glory

If he conducts the club's affairs with the same level of competence he has displayed here, I can only assume that's the club's growth is despite him rather than because of him.

just another point plenty of people moaning about leicester fans in our end, yet there have been plenty of threads on here about us lot getting tickets in the col u/ spurs/ chelsea/ orient end, so its ok for us to get tickets in opposing teams ends but an absolute ****ing disgrace when someone else does it, pot kettle black

So tell me how much is King paying you?

because it seems like your in his pocket!

I not saying he hasnt ba11sed up he should have engaged brain before mouth thats for sure, I have met him regarding club business and he is not mr charisma thats for sure, but be in no doubt in respect to his job he is actually good at it

So, when informed by the police that according to their footage Southend fans were fighting each other, King quite rightly defended the fans of "family club of the year" by remarking to the police "surely there has been a mistake, that wouldn't have happened, in fact i'd like to see the footage for myself".

Er, no, obviously not.
Just go straight on in there and blame the Southend fans why don't you Mr King. While you're at it, try and make it sound as vindictive as possible as there was NO-ONE else clearly to blame, right?

I bet he still thinks he's in the right speaking to us like that through the club's media channels. Probably still trying to defend his case to a rightfully disbelieving Ron Martin.

"The CCTV footage on further inspection does not clearly show that SUFC fans ...." -eh? FURTHER INSPECTION? The problems all stem from the fact that you hadn't inspected the CCTV at all, let alone given it a second glance.

Please Ron, this man has to go, i hate the thought of opposing fans taking liberties at our ground constantly and the guy King couldn't give a monkeys about Southend fans. Get the Michael Ricketts of chief executives out of his position and get someone who can control things properly and show respect whilst at the same time be the club's mouthpiece because this G King has no idea.:madman:

Last edited:
So, when informed by the police that according to their footage Southend fans were fighting each other, King quite rightly defended the fans of "family club of the year" by remarking to the police "surely there has been a mistake, that wouldn't have happened, in fact i'd like to see the footage for myself".

Er, no, obviously not.
Just go straight on in there and blame the Southend fans why don't you Mr King. While you're at it, try and make it sound as vindictive as possible as there was NO-ONE else clearly to blame, right?

I bet he still thinks he's in the right speaking to us like that through the club's media channels. Probably still trying to defend his case to a rightfully disbelieving Ron Martin.

"The CCTV footage on further inspection does not clearly show that SUFC fans ...." -eh? FURTHER INSPECTION? The problems all stem from the fact that you hadn't inspected the CCTV at all, let alone given it a second glance.

Please Ron, this man has to go, i hate the thought of opposing fans taking liberties at our ground constantly and the guy King couldn't give a monkeys about Southend fans. Get the Michael Ricketts of stadium managers out of his position and get someone who can control things properly and show respect whilst at the same time be the club's mouthpiece because this G King has no idea.:madman:

Bang on mate!

I've read alot of the stuff that has been posted about the fracas, but not all . Sitting in the SSU it was imposible to tell what was going on . So could someone who was there please clarify one thing for me - did the Southend fans go after the 4 Leicester fans or not ?

As for the footage, does anyone know if an individual recorded on the video has the right to see it under the Freedom of Information Act ?

I've read alot of the stuff that has been posted about the fracas, but not all . Sitting in the SSU it was imposible to tell what was going on . So could someone who was there please clarify one thing for me - did the Southend fans go after the 4 Leicester fans or not ?

As for the footage, does anyone know if an individual recorded on the video has the right to see it under the Freedom of Information Act ?

I was there.....

4 Leicester fans were spotted after they celebrated their goal they then knew they were clocked one Southend fan approached one and questioned him they went head to head then punches were thrown by both the Southend lad and the Leicester lad as soon as that happened the other 3 Leicester started going mad taking out random Southend fans around them thus why it all erupted.

I was there.....

4 Leicester fans were spotted after they celebrated their goal they then knew they were clocked one Southend fan approached one and questioned him they went head to head then punches were thrown by both the Southend lad and the Leicester lad as soon as that happened the other 3 Leicester started going mad taking out random Southend fans around them thus why it all erupted.

That's not what Geoffrey King told me the other day.

Last edited:
I was there.....

OK - Thanx for that TB - What a shame this all had to happen - I suppose this would be a routine event at a lot of grounds and not received the kind of reaction we've seen on here - I imagine a lot of clubs routinely fork out the £8,000 plus every week so I guess we should count ourselves lucky that it happens so rarely at RH

Nice to see King beg for forgiveness instead of him getting you to!

Haha, you should've told him where to poke it and got your mate to buy your tickets!

I assure you this is not just me and for the record this is not in any way personal I take no pleasure seeing Mr King lie to us as I wont take any pleasure in him resigning but its for the good of SUFC

If people really have a problem with Mr King, and want him removed, can't shareholders call an EGM and vote on the removal of him from his position?

Not saying I want it done, just seems more logical to go down this route rather than painting posters etc. for the Cheltenham game, which he may avoid as a result anyway.

Personally i think its a time to draw a line under this. He's been humiliated justifiably in my view.

Back