• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally i think its a time to draw a line under this. He's been humiliated justifiably in my view.

Well said Sir.

This issue has been blown well out of proporation by the club and by one or two people on here.

GK isnt a saint and has made an error of judgement which he obviously regrets, but to force the guy to resign - get real.

I really cant see the point of protests, flags, etc - just leaves a bad feeling to the end of the season.

I'm pretty sure if we'd beaten Leicester, this site would be full of talk of playoffs rather than SUFC management.

I assure you this is not just me and for the record this is not in any way personal I take no pleasure seeing Mr King lie to us as I wont take any pleasure in him resigning but its for the good of SUFC

how is a big sign with a crown on it for the good of the club, and you have put west stand on it, I sit in the west and you certainly dont get the right to speak on my behalf because you feel his comments somehow damaged us as a club, shock horror a football exec says the wrong thing, he has come and and said he was wrong why create any more negativity, how will getting rid og him benefit the club?

how is a big sign with a crown on it for the good of the club, and you have put west stand on it, I sit in the west and you certainly dont get the right to speak on my behalf because you feel his comments somehow damaged us as a club, shock horror a football exec says the wrong thing, he has come and and said he was wrong why create any more negativity, how will getting rid og him benefit the club?

make your own I love King banner then you pandantic tosser

Don't ever remember talking on your behalf and from all the trip I read from you can clearly talk for yourself, it has west stand on it as that's the stand he attacked

Its a simple fact if you don't agree with it don't join

He shouldn't attack the hand that feeds him

make your own I love King banner then you pandantic tosser

Well said

Out of interest, have any of us Zoners ever previously posted something on the internet which has caused offence to others, subsequently apologised for it and then been allowed to continue?

so you wanna call me a tosser you fat ******* why get all personal thought we could debate as adults but if you wanna come down to name calling lets go

Debate as adults? when you come on here with you sly comments trying to knock the efforts of people! you wanna get personal sunshine then we can go that way!

Mountains out of Molehills.

There were mistakes made. It looks like steps are being taken to prevent it happening again, so lets move on.

Whatever you think about GK, and I don't have too much time for him based on various stories I've heard, his comments hardly compare to that of The Sun and what they said about Liverpool fans after Hillsborough which is what is being made out on here.

Debate as adults? when you come on here with you sly comments trying to knock the efforts of people! you wanna get personal sunshine then we can go that way!

sly comments? I thought I was quite clear that I dont think a protest is in the best interests of the club, especially on this particular subject, if the future of the club was at stake or something of that nature then I would be protesting as loudly as anyone, It is just my opinion that protests at the mo would put a dampner on the positives that have been acheived in recent weeks(especially on the pitch) not sure that warranted being called a to55er

If people really have a problem with Mr King, and want him removed, can't shareholders call an EGM and vote on the removal of him from his position?

Not saying I want it done, just seems more logical to go down this route rather than painting posters etc. for the Cheltenham game, which he may avoid as a result anyway.

Not a great deal of point the vast majority of the Shares are held by a few (maybe even one person, I haven't got the accounts with me at the moment) who appointed him a few years back anyway

Out of interest, have any of us Zoners ever previously posted something on the internet which has caused offence to others, subsequently apologised for it and then been allowed to continue?

Do you want a list?

Imagine it's you, you are doing a business pitch after your product has gone wrong and then you blame them. They won't be happy but if you found out the facts and then apologised to the customers would you then feel it was fair if you got sacked after that? Give him 1 more chance then if he mucks up again then consider whether he should go, Ron obviously isn't happy about what he did and if he hasn't done anything yet he won't do anything.

AS I've suggested earlier, if posters / supporters feel aggrieved, I still don't think their interests are best served by acting like an unruly mob with protest banners, abusing their own supporters etc.

Many on here have acknowledged King made a mistake, he has been told off by his boss, made to apologise and ended up with egg on his face. I'm not sure there is now a vast wave of support for those against King and I think it's dangerous for the banner makers to assume they are speaking on behalf of the majority.

Im sure there are a lot of better things supporters can now do, otherwise it just ends up looking like personal vendettas and behaviour of the typically maligned supporter baying for blood.......and the current flavour of the month is King. Surely trying to be the better people and move on is the bigger move and likely to earn more respect from the club.

Thats very true mate but does that not show a 'trend'

Also speaking to blues fans myself from all different ages etc... allot of people have been left hurt by this! and also the fact that this was 2 issues on the same day but PAST problems as well, how long can we go on (in my view) being let down by a club with things like this. It is hard for me in this current climate to wish anybody out of their job though I am sure Mr King has fingers in many pies so to speak I would best case him be removed from day to day running and used in another field why a front man was brought in to run the dad to day workings somebody with superb likeability and great PR skills.

Id say... programme seller, or bog trolley!

AS I've suggested earlier, if posters / supporters feel aggrieved, I still don't think their interests are best served by acting like an unruly mob with protest banners, abusing their own supporters etc.

Many on here have acknowledged King made a mistake, he has been told off by his boss, made to apologise and ended up with egg on his face. I'm not sure there is now a vast wave of support for those against King and I think it's dangerous for the banner makers to assume they are speaking on behalf of the majority.

Im sure there are a lot of better things supporters can now do, otherwise it just ends up looking like personal vendettas and behaviour of the typically maligned supporter baying for blood.......and the current flavour of the month is King. Surely trying to be the better people and move on is the bigger move and likely to earn more respect from the club.

I know those of us who were there when it kicked off all are deeply hurt with this I cant speak for the rest of the ground and have no intention to.

Congratulations Shrimperzone, I'd say. Looks like the website has got some real influence.

Man makes mistake. Man apologises for mistake. Issue over.

Congratulations Shrimperzone, I'd say. Looks like the website has got some real influence.

Man makes mistake. Man apologises for mistake. Issue over.

Now for Mr Brown, Mr Blair and Mr Bush...... if only it was that easy.

Last edited:
Back