• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've offered my views on numerous occasions in the past. I respect your stance just always find it amusing that you and Smiffy always offer a negative view to all things FF or RM related - when with all respect to you both you simply cannot know the full facts of the situation.

I have always been a firm believer that we will relocate to FF. When that will be I don't know but I guess time will tell which of us is right.

Sorry but I have had enough of the constant bollocks spouted about the stadium over the last 15 years. Surely you can forgive one for being "negative" about the whole thing?

This British Land thing just raises more questions than answers.

Are they funding the whole retail park and FOUR sided stadium?

Who will and how will they be paid back?

What does this mean for the Roots Hall site?

How are Sainsbury going to be paid back their x millions and what is their involvement in the project?

Do Sainsbury own the RH land?

I may come across as negative, but I just want some bloody answers so I/We can feel more comfortable about the whole thing. I absolutely agree that this club needs to move to survive and hopefully one day grow. But with zero information available and constant deadlines unmet then my default mode is to suspect the worst. After 15 years of failure with regards to this project I don't think that is me being unreasonable or overly negative.

Sorry but I have had enough of the constant bollocks spouted about the stadium over the last 15 years. Surely you can forgive one for being "negative" about the whole thing?

How are Sainsbury going to be paid back their x millions and what is their involvement in the project?

I may come across as negative, but I just want some bloody answers so I/We can feel more comfortable about the whole thing. I absolutely agree that this club needs to move to survive and hopefully one day grow. But with zero information available and constant deadlines unmet then my default mode is to suspect the worst. After 15 years of failure with regards to this project I don't think that is me being unreasonable or overly negative.

I dare say RM thinks the same.

Now this one is interesting. Big players like CineWorld don't announce this sort of thing unless there is a reasonable certainty that it will happen, and within reasonable time scales. I know Ron's an expert bullshitter, but I doubt he would be able to hoodwink this lot.

Well, he's hoodwinked Sainsbury's before.

It would better if we just redeveloped Roots Hall and built flats in space available to bring in money to help pay. Plenty of space if done right.

Well, he's hoodwinked Sainsbury's before.

It would better if we just redeveloped Roots Hall and built flats in space available to bring in money to help pay. Plenty of space if done right.

I have no idea if he has fooled Sainsburys, I know with reasonable certainty that Sainsburys have decided not to build massive superstores in the immediate future without any help from Ron. I just felt that CineWorld's statement was very encouraging and if Ronnie can get some dosh from British Land plc to forward fund the first phase of development, including the new stadium then that would rather good. I have no idea what forward funding means by the way.

I have no idea if he has fooled Sainsburys, I know with reasonable certainty that Sainsburys have decided not to build massive superstores in the immediate future without any help from Ron. I just felt that CineWorld's statement was very encouraging and if Ronnie can get some dosh from British Land plc to forward fund the first phase of development, including the new stadium then that would rather good. I have no idea what forward funding means by the way.

A loan basically.

Which is why I want to know who is taking this loan and how will it be paid back?

Is it as simple as you build us a stadium and retail park and you can have the RH site to do as you please?

I hear your frustration and we all have great reason to be frustrated.
I would also like a FOUR sided stadium...but the development of our club is far more important than one stand. You do seem to have an obsession with the FOUR sided bit.

I would just love FF either to be built or scrapped.

Personally, I'm quite content at RH.

We have been saying for years that we will not survive if a move does not materialise, but the fact is we have!

Okay, we may be operating at a loss, but I'm pretty sure the majority of clubs in the FL face a similar dilemma unless they have a rich owner to write off debts as and when they arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So should we redevelop RH one side at a time to increase capacity and modernise the stadium? Is there enough room (particularly on the west side)?

We have been saying for years that we will not survive if a move does not materialise, but the fact is we have!

Okay, we may be operating at a loss, but I'm pretty sure the majority of clubs in the FL face a similar dilemma unless they have a rich owner to write off debts as and when they arise.

Other clubs do have owners that subsidise them but that doesn't mean it's a good way to be.

We can survive as long as someone pays the money we lose every year.

By surviving at Roots Hall we have lost our ground and now have millions in debt

So should we redevelop RH one side at a time to increase capacity and modernise the stadium? Is there enough room (particularly on the west side)?

How do we pay for that without the money made from selling Roots Hall? Ron wont doit for the love of it with no return for the investment.

A loan basically.

Which is why I want to know who is taking this loan and how will it be paid back?

Is it as simple as you build us a stadium and retail park and you can have the RH site to do as you please?

Sorry Smiffy but what has who is taking and how the loan is to be paid back got to do with us? We don't own the club. We are (not me anymore I'll add) but paying customers and have no right to know the financial dealings of a sensitive commercial development any more than we would should it be Next, Starbucks or indeed Cineworld. Why do supporters/fans believe that they are entitled to be told certain financial information concerning the club when if asking the same questions of other companies you'd be told to f*** right off. Southend United as a business is no different to any other in that it's sensitive financial information is quite rightly kept to only those that NEED to, or are legally entitled to know

I hear your frustration and we all have great reason to be frustrated.
I would also like a FOUR sided stadium...but the development of our club is far more important than one stand. You do seem to have an obsession with the FOUR sided bit.

I would just love FF either to be built or scrapped.

If it's three sided 1how long so you think it would be before stand 4 was built. There's a real possibility we would be in a stadium without a main stand for many years.

That would be awful for the club.

Sorry Smiffy but what has who is taking and how the loan is to be paid back got to do with us? We don't own the club. We are (not me anymore I'll add) but paying customers and have no right to know the financial dealings of a sensitive commercial development any more than we would should it be Next, Starbucks or indeed Cineworld. Why do supporters/fans believe that they are entitled to be told certain financial information concerning the club when if asking the same questions of other companies you'd be told to f*** right off. Southend United as a business is no different to any other in that it's sensitive financial information is quite rightly kept to only those that NEED to, or are legally entitled to know

Well because I for one would like to know if the club is going to be saddled with (for arguments sake) £30m debt for building the stadium/retail park. If so how is it going to be serviced when we can bearly survive with much smaller debts at the moment?

I dont think it is unreasonable to want to know such basic facts about our football club?

I am just concerned we will be saddled with a huge debt and an incomplete stadium to boot, that could be the end of us.

We are surviving yes but if we ever want to be able to compete at a higher level then it's unlikely in our current situation.

Well because I for one would like to know if the club is going to be saddled with (for arguments sake) £30m debt for building the stadium/retail park. If so how is it going to be serviced when we can bearly survive with much smaller debts at the moment?

I dont think it is unreasonable to want to know such basic facts about our football club?

I am just concerned we will be saddled with a huge debt and an incomplete stadium to boot, that could be the end of us.

I'd like to know too but I'm not kidding myself by believing that it's 'our club' or that we've got some right to know. We haven't. Passion I think is getting in the way of common sense a little here (no offence meant) As long as the club is run as a business (however badly we may think) we, as mere customers of that business, have no right to know the ins and outs of sensitive financial matters concerning that business. That's just the way it is and no matter how many people protest or how loudly a drum is banged (figuratively) that won't change. Unless you need to know or you have a legal right to know you won't find out unless RM want's to part with the information and clearly he doesn't or he would have done in a statement.

I'd like to know too but I'm not kidding myself by believing that it's 'our club' or that we've got some right to know. We haven't. Passion I think is getting in the way of common sense a little here (no offence meant) As long as the club is run as a business (however badly we may think) we, as mere customers of that business, have no right to know the ins and outs of sensitive financial matters concerning that business. That's just the way it is and no matter how many people protest or how loudly a drum is banged (figuratively) that won't change. Unless you need to know or you have a legal right to know you won't find out unless RM want's to part with the information and clearly he doesn't or he would have done in a statement.

i'm a bit inclined to agree with this. but i'm also a shareholder and meetings every 5-odd years don't cut it

Are they funding the whole retail park and FOUR sided stadium? Doesn't matter

Who will and how will they be paid back? Nothing to do with us

What does this mean for the Roots Hall site? Once we are at FF, irrelevant

How are Sainsbury going to be paid back their x millions and what is their involvement in the project? Rons problem, not ours

Do Sainsbury own the RH land? Not sure. But again, not really our issue.

My comments in bold.

All joking aside, we are only fans. We have no rights or standing (cue jokes on all seater stadia etc).

What Sherif said.

Nice to know we are in debt with SBC to add to a long list of others.

To be honest if SBC agree in November to pull the plug on it, I would not blame them and you know what part of me hopes they do. As John Main said back in Aug 2001 "FF is not financially viable and the clubs future remains at RH"

Ron has had 15 years to deliver and has failed. Time is up. Next.....
And there was me thinking it meant the coach company! :winking: :winking:

I vote you should be the new Chairman .

Back