• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In your opinion. I happen to believe, however foolishly some of you may think, that he will.

Do you base that opinion view on the knowledge that things are progressing behind the scenes (but you are unable to say, as it's confidential) or is that just your overall guess ?

sounds like we're currently looking at an Oxford-type set up. Not ideal maybe but not terrible.

i really hope there's public transport coz i don't have a car so need to walk from the station

i'm really torn on whether this is a significant development or not. i tend to think i'll get excited when i see photos involving Phil Brown and diggers. until then i'll remain a disinterested viewer from afar

That was the plan because Sainsbury would only fund 3 sides, but now everythings changed it might not even be 3 sided.

The comparison with Oxford isnt quite accurate though, they are missing an end stand, thats a big difference to a side stand, which was meant to be the main stand.

Lets hope if it ever gets built its built complete.

On a side note, I've noticed over the years that the people who comment on the Echo website are literally the worst people alive.

Do you base that opinion view on the knowledge that things are progressing behind the scenes (but you are unable to say, as it's confidential) or is that just your overall guess ?

I know nothing that is "confidential" in relation to FF, simply, I have always believed it would be delivered in some format. It's no surprise that the format has evolved several times in the lead up.

Thats nothing.

Read todays Echo.

Plans being submitted for a 10 screen cinema and leisure centre at the seafront. This is the development where there were going to be flats and where I assume we pinched Cineworld from.

However its clear from the article that the developer is trying to get his plans agreed first thus meaning planning permission for Fossetts would be highly unlikey to be agreed.

Ron has competition.

Thats nothing.

Read todays Echo.

Plans being submitted for a 10 screen cinema and leisure centre at the seafront. This is the development where there were going to be flats and where I assume we pinched Cineworld from.

However its clear from the article that the developer is trying to get his plans agreed first thus meaning planning permission for Fossetts would be highly unlikey to be agreed.

Ron has competition.

And this is why the delays over the last 7-8 years have been so frustrating.

No only do we run the risk of other developments in the Southend area stealing a march on us, we have also seen other football clubs do the same.

Once again we're playing catch up.

IVe opened a thread on the main forum as its pretty big news and warrants a bit of discussion.

Does anyone know if the revised plans have now been submitted? They were meant to submit them in December wern't they?

Does anyone know if the revised plans have now been submitted? They were meant to submit them in December wern't they?

Yeah I'm sure they said end of December at that exhibition thing. But I think in the Evening Echo recently it said that its going to be end of March now, so maybe by the end of this year then!

Last edited:
Back